Los Angeles, CA - N-400 Timeline

Hi Greg_loans, when i went for N400 interview on May 3, i was assigned to 2050 as well, but the next person in line with me outside the Fed building was assigned to B-122. We both compared notes as to why our notices are on different rooms. The other person assigned to B-122 was a marriage based N400 and mine was employment based. Is your case marriage based or employment based.

Hi nozid, did you receive the ceremony notice letter??

Hi nozid, did you receive the ceremony notice letter??

Hi Selinala! NO, I still have not received my oath letter and my case status online still says: "On May 9, 2011, we placed your application in the oath scheduling que..." . How about you? Did you get your oath letter yet?

Hi Selinala! NO, I still have not received my oath letter and my case status online still says: "On May 9, 2011, we placed your application in the oath scheduling que..." . How about you? Did you get your oath letter yet?

noooooo, nothing changed, my online status is still test&interview, wish they did not forget me or lose my case....Im thinking they might be sending the letters soon, the next ceremony is on June30th...we might be scheduled on the same day?

noooooo, nothing changed, my online status is still test&interview, wish they did not forget me or lose my case....Im thinking they might be sending the letters soon, the next ceremony is on June30th...we might be scheduled on the same day?

Good luck with your upcoming interview... I will definitely update you all when I get the oath schedule.

I passed the interview on April 26th...also waiting for ceremony letter...but nothing updated yet...

Oh, so sorry about that. We are both still waiting for the oath letter then. I wonder what is taking them so long... I am so tempted to call customer service now to find out.... Please keep me posted when you get your letter as well.. Good luck to all of us in LA still waiting for the oath letters...

Last edited by a moderator:
Update on Oath Status

Hi Guys, today I received the following update:

Oath Ceremony

On May 31, 2011, we scheduled you for your oath ceremony and sent a notice providing the date, time, and location. If you move prior to the scheduled ceremony, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

Hi Guys, today I received the following update:

Oath Ceremony

On May 31, 2011, we scheduled you for your oath ceremony and sent a notice providing the date, time, and location. If you move prior to the scheduled ceremony, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

I got the same!!!!!

Hey guys, just wanted to ask a quick question:

When we go for the oath ceremony... can we fill out the passport application beforehand? Where do I get this passport application? Or do they just give it to us there?

Thanks a million

Los Angeles timeline
LOS ANGELES:

02-22-2011: N400 mailed to Phoenix, AZ
02-24-2011: N400 received and priority date
02-28-2011: check cashed
03-03-2011: NOA received by mail
03-18-2011: FP letter received by mail
04-12-2011: FP appointment
05-31-2011: case status changed to testing + interview

I received the Oath Letter today... Oath scheduled on June 30, 2011, 12:30 pm at Los Angeles Convention Center!

Dec 8 - mailed N400 to Phoenix AZ lockbox DO: Los Angeles
Dec 10 - delivery confirmation by USPS
Dec 14 - check cashed
Dec 15 = email/text notification by USCIS of received application with receipt number
Dec 17 - received NOA in mail; PD Dec 10
Dec 20 - online status on USCIS website updated to RFE mailed on December 20, 2010
Dec. 28 - FP notice in mail (Jan 10, 2011 appointment)
Jan 7 - walk-in fingerprint
Feb. 7 - received YL in mail asking me to bring Driver's License to the interview
March 22 - online case status updated to "Testing and Interview"
May 3 - Interview appointment at 7:45 (PASSED!!!)
June 4 - Oath Letter received - Scheduled for Oath on June 30, 2011, 12:30 pm at the Los Angeles Convention Center!

I received the Oath Letter today... Oath scheduled on June 30, 2011, 12:30 pm at Los Angeles Convention Center!

Dec 8 - mailed N400 to Phoenix AZ lockbox DO: Los Angeles
Dec 10 - delivery confirmation by USPS
Dec 14 - check cashed
Dec 15 = email/text notification by USCIS of received application with receipt number
Dec 17 - received NOA in mail; PD Dec 10
Dec 20 - online status on USCIS website updated to RFE mailed on December 20, 2010
Dec. 28 - FP notice in mail (Jan 10, 2011 appointment)
Jan 7 - walk-in fingerprint
Feb. 7 - received YL in mail asking me to bring Driver's License to the interview
March 22 - online case status updated to "Testing and Interview"
May 3 - Interview appointment at 7:45 (PASSED!!!)
June 4 - Oath Letter received - Scheduled for Oath on June 30, 2011, 12:30 pm at the Los Angeles Convention Center!

Im at 8am on June 30th, congrats!!

No response after application was sent out

Hi, I have sent out application using express mail for 10 days, but still have not got any notification from AZ. The check is not cashed either. Anyone knows what happened or ran into similar situation before. Your help will be very appreciated.

Los Angeles:

02-05-2011: N400 mailed to Phoenix, AZ
02-09-2011: N400 received and priority date
02-16-2011: FP letter received by mail
03-01-2011: FP appointment (Done)
04-05-2011: YL received reminding me to bring the State ID/Driver's license
05-09-2011: online case status updated to "Testing and Interview"
05-13-2011: received interview letter
06-20-2011: interview passed

I had a question about the oath ceremonies, they are assigned randomly right?
But more than likely it will be at the convention center since that is where the largest ones are held?

Thanks! :)

Hi, guys, i have a question, i checked ceremonies schedule between June to Aug, what is "No. of applicants scheduled" mean? Are these day already full? I just past the interview yesterday, do u guys if i can get my passport by Sep?

Hi, guys, i have a question, i checked ceremonies schedule between June to Aug, what is "No. of applicants scheduled" mean? Are these day already full? I just past the interview yesterday, do u guys if i can get my passport by Sep?

I took it to mean basically the capacity, or how many applicants they can schedule for that location. It doesn't seem that August ceremonies would be full already, since they seem to schedule them about a month out. (You get the letter about 1 month before the ceremony)

It sounds like you should be just fine to get your passport by September.