Los Angeles, CA - N-400 Timeline

Today my case status update changed to "OATH CEREMONY" and it says i am in queue for the next available Oath ceremony in my District Office. Does anyone know how long it takes to receive the Oath Letter?

Dec 8 - mailed N400 to Phoenix AZ lockbox DO: Los Angeles
Dec 10 - delivery confirmation by USPS
Dec 14 - check cashed
Dec 15 = email/text notification by USCIS of received application with receipt number
Dec 17 - received NOA in mail; PD Dec 10
Dec 20 - online status on USCIS website updated to RFE mailed on December 20, 2010
Dec. 28 - FP notice in mail (Jan 10, 2011 appointment)
Jan 7 - walk-in fingerprint
Feb. 7 - received YL in mail asking me to bring Driver's License to the interview
March 22 - online case status updated to "Testing and Interview"
May 3 - Interview appointment at 7:45 (PASSED!!!)
May 9 - case status online changed to "OATH CEREMONY"

your is fast!! did you receive any oath letter that shows your ceremony date? I had my interview on April 26th and my status still says"interview&testing".....keep updated!

your is fast!! did you receive any oath letter that shows your ceremony date? I had my interview on April 26th and my status still says"interview&testing".....keep updated!
Today my case status update changed to "OATH CEREMONY" and it says i am in queue for the next available Oath ceremony in my District Office. Does anyone know how long it takes to receive the Oath Letter?

Dec 8 - mailed N400 to Phoenix AZ lockbox DO: Los Angeles
Dec 10 - delivery confirmation by USPS
Dec 14 - check cashed
Dec 15 = email/text notification by USCIS of received application with receipt number
Dec 17 - received NOA in mail; PD Dec 10
Dec 20 - online status on USCIS website updated to RFE mailed on December 20, 2010
Dec. 28 - FP notice in mail (Jan 10, 2011 appointment)
Jan 7 - walk-in fingerprint
Feb. 7 - received YL in mail asking me to bring Driver's License to the interview
March 22 - online case status updated to "Testing and Interview"
May 3 - Interview appointment at 7:45 (PASSED!!!)
May 9 - case status online changed to "OATH CEREMONY"

Hi selinala, i did not receive the oath letter yet. This is what I got: I will update you when I get the Oath letter (hopefully soon!) and let me know also when you get yours. Thank you.

Oath Ceremony

On May 9, 2011, we placed your application in the oath scheduling que. We will send a notice when the ceremony is scheduled. If you move prior to the scheduled ceremony, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

Naturalization Applicants: you will receive your certificate at your oath ceremony. You can expect to be scheduled for an oath ceremony within 45 days of receiving your recommended approval. Many offices schedule approved applicants for the oath ceremony on the same day as the day of the interview. Please check the local office profile page on our website to determine if the office where you will be interviewed schedules same day oath ceremonies.

thanks for the info!!

this drives me crazy, hopefully I can get my passport before July 15th since I booked my vacation to mexico and I dont wanna cancel it
I will definitely keep you updated!!!

Hi selinala, i did not receive the oath letter yet. This is what I got: I will update you when I get the Oath letter (hopefully soon!) and let me know also when you get yours. Thank you.

Oath Ceremony

On May 9, 2011, we placed your application in the oath scheduling que. We will send a notice when the ceremony is scheduled. If you move prior to the scheduled ceremony, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

Naturalization Applicants: you will receive your certificate at your oath ceremony. You can expect to be scheduled for an oath ceremony within 45 days of receiving your recommended approval. Many offices schedule approved applicants for the oath ceremony on the same day as the day of the interview. Please check the local office profile page on our website to determine if the office where you will be interviewed schedules same day oath ceremonies.

Please Help.

I have received my interview notice for N-400 and it asking me to be at LA Federal Building Basement Room B-122 is anybody knows what room is this. I am a little bit nervous about it. Thank you.

LA Federal Building Room B-122

Please Help.

I received my interview notice for N-400 and it asking me to be at LA Federal building Basement Room B-122 is anybody knows what room is this. I am a little bit nervous about it. Thank you.

Please Help.

I have received my interview notice for N-400 and it asking me to be at LA Federal Building Basement Room B-122 is anybody knows what room is this. I am a little bit nervous about it. Thank you.

NO WORRY, that room is for people who go for interview...there will be a bunch of people sitting with you...good luck

Woot, I just received my Interview Letter to appear at Plaza Del Sol on 06/21/2011, so the good thing that my case is moving. But I need to travel on July 25th for about a month so I need to keep my Re Entry permit, does anyone know whether do you need to surrender your GC/ReEntry/Travel Document at Interview? There's a letter along with IL asking for any passports/travel documents issued by any governments to bring along with me. Thanks in advance.

To Selinala: I'm pretty sure you're most likely to go to the one at LACC on 06/30. They still haven't posted any other ceremonies beyond June 30th on their website yet.

Los Angeles, CA

N-400 Sent: 03/10/2011
Application Received: 03/14/2011
Check Cashed: 03/17/2011
NoA Letter Received: 03/18/2011
FP Appointment Received: 03/28/2011
FP Appointment Date: 04/12/2011
FP Walk-In Attempted: 03/29/2011 (DENIED)
FP Done: 04/12/2011 (as Scheduled)
Interview Letter Received: 05/13/2011
Interview Date: 06/21/2011
Interview Done:
Oath Letter Received:
Oath Ceremony Date:

Thank you selinala, but based on my understanding from the other posts in this website all people who got the interview notice it is room 2050 not B-122
Do you know what the deferens is?

Thank you

Thank you selinala, but based on my understanding from the other posts in this website all people who got the interview notice it room 2050 not the B-122

Thank you selinala, but based on my understanding from the other posts in this website all people who got the interview notice it room 2050 not the B-122

Hi Greg_loans, when i went for N400 interview on May 3, i was assigned to 2050 as well, but the next person in line with me outside the Fed building was assigned to B-122. We both compared notes as to why our notices are on different rooms. The other person assigned to B-122 was a marriage based N400 and mine was employment based. Is your case marriage based or employment based.

Hi Nozid first of all congratulations with your interview I hope you will receive your oath letter max. By Monday My N-400 is based on Asylum, and all asylums are in room 2050 but I know the person who has the problem and he got the re-interview notice and it was B-122, I am afraid that B-122 for the people with some problems. I am trying to find the person who had an interview in B-122. And also I did some research and I think the supervisors are in B-122 maybe I am wrong.

My interview will be in Room 4377 i won my Green Card in the Green Card lottery

Los Angeles:

02-05-2011: N400 mailed to Phoenix, AZ
02-09-2011: N400 received and priority date
02-16-2011: FP letter received by mail
03-01-2011: FP appointment (Done)
04-05-2011: YL received reminding me to bring the State ID/Driver's license
05-09-2011: online case status updated to "Testing and Interview"
05-13-2011: received interview letter
06-20-2011: interview date

I dont know, there were lots of people waiting there when I had my interview in that room. I got my GC thru my dad, not marriage not H1. did not have any problem thru my whole case, still waiting for oath notice

Woot, I just received my Interview Letter to appear at Plaza Del Sol on 06/21/2011, so the good thing that my case is moving. But I need to travel on July 25th for about a month so I need to keep my Re Entry permit, does anyone know whether do you need to surrender your GC/ReEntry/Travel Document at Interview? There's a letter along with IL asking for any passports/travel documents issued by any governments to bring along with me. Thanks in advance.

To Selinala: I'm pretty sure you're most likely to go to the one at LACC on 06/30. They still haven't posted any other ceremonies beyond June 30th on their website yet.

Los Angeles, CA

N-400 Sent: 03/10/2011
Application Received: 03/14/2011
Check Cashed: 03/17/2011
NoA Letter Received: 03/18/2011
FP Appointment Received: 03/28/2011
FP Appointment Date: 04/12/2011
FP Walk-In Attempted: 03/29/2011 (DENIED)
FP Done: 04/12/2011 (as Scheduled)
Interview Letter Received: 05/13/2011
Interview Date: 06/21/2011
Interview Done:
Oath Letter Received:
Oath Ceremony Date:

thank you Pauksi!! I believe so too!!! thats kinda of late for me since I have vacation to Mexico on July 15th, Im afraid that I cant get the passport on time......good luck on your interview!

Thank you selinala and I hope you will receive your interview notice soon. I spoke to lawyers today and they said there is the remodeling it the building and the interviews now in the different rooms. Is you interview was in Basement B-122?

Thank you selinala and I hope you will receive your interview notice soon. I spoke to lawyers today and they said there is the remodeling it the building and the interviews now in the different rooms. Is you interview was in Basement B-122?

yea, basement122...

Interview passed today...
Appt for 10:30 got there at 9:40 took 20 min to get through security, and 1 hour 15 min inside to be called..
Interview lasted 15 minutes
- went over N400
-asked to write down "Columbus day is in October"
- answered 6 questions
-1. how many years is a senator's term
2. who takes over after pres and vp
3. what does the declaration of independence do
4. who's your representative
5. what is the national anthem
6. who wrote the declaration of independence

Thanks everyone :)

12/28/2010 - Mailed N 400 to Arizona
1/3/2011 - Application Arrived
1/5/2011 - Check Cashed
1/8/2011 - NOA (797-c) recieved
1/18/2011 - signed up on website for SMS and EMail Update
1/19/2011 - SMS that FP appt was mailed
1/22/2011 - FP Appt Letter Recieved
1/27/2011 - FP Walk in - Successful
2/2/2011 - FP Appt.. (Originally scheduled)
4/5/2011 - Status Changed from Initial Review to Interview/Testing
5/16/2011 - Interview - Passed :)

Interview passed today...
Appt for 10:30 got there at 9:40 took 20 min to get through security, and 1 hour 15 min inside to be called..
Interview lasted 15 minutes
- went over N400
-asked to write down "Columbus day is in October"
- answered 6 questions
-1. how many years is a senator's term
2. who takes over after pres and vp
3. what does the declaration of independence do
4. who's your representative
5. what is the national anthem
6. who wrote the declaration of independence

Thanks everyone :)

12/28/2010 - Mailed N 400 to Arizona
1/3/2011 - Application Arrived
1/5/2011 - Check Cashed
1/8/2011 - NOA (797-c) recieved
1/18/2011 - signed up on website for SMS and EMail Update
1/19/2011 - SMS that FP appt was mailed
1/22/2011 - FP Appt Letter Recieved
1/27/2011 - FP Walk in - Successful
2/2/2011 - FP Appt.. (Originally scheduled)
4/5/2011 - Status Changed from Initial Review to Interview/Testing
5/16/2011 - Interview - Passed :)

congrats!!! we might be at ceremony in the same day!