Los Angeles, CA - N-400 Timeline

hi everyone
I have passed the interview in 08/25/2010 still waiting for the oath letter. Is there anybody with the same problem? what can I do to find out my oath day? isnt it too long?

Vi

Still waiting for OL

Hi everyone - First I'd like to thank everyone in this forum for providing great information about N-400 timeline. I had my interview in Los Angeles on 9/9/10 and still no OL. I will keep you posted! Wish me luck!

Priority Date: 05/27/2010
ID: 09/10/2010 (Recommended for approval)
OL: 10/16/2010
Oath: 10/27/2010 LACC
USC: 10/27/10
Applied for Passport: XX/XX/XXXX
Received passport: XX/XX/XXXX

Thank you.

Ivan

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone - First I'd like to thank everyone in this forum for providing great information about N-400 timeline. I had my interview in Los Angeles on 9/9/10 and still no OL. I will keep you posted! Wish me luck!

Priority Date: 05/27/2010
ID: 09/10/2010 (Recommended for approval)
OL: 10/16/2010
Oath: 10/27/2010 LACC
USC: XX/XX/XXXX
Applied for Passport: XX/XX/XXXX
Received passport: XX/XX/XXXX

Thank you.

Ivan

This website is amazing!! I just posted yesterday and today I received my OL for October 27. Thanks everyone!

Onto the last leg

Santa Ana DO interview 09/10/10

Received OL today for 10/27/10 8am at LACC

Hurray!!!

Anyone planning on applying for Passport the same day?

Congrats Green!

Green: I plan on applying for a passport the next day at a post office. I heard it is insane to try to apply at the same day at LACC.

@ kittie: Yes, traffic is going to be hell. I go to school at USC so I'm thinking about parking at school and take the tram there. We'll see!!!

Los Angeles Convention Center Parking

Useful link for parking & directions

http://www.lacclink.com/directions/directions.aspx

Times
7:00AM - 11:00AM
1:00PM - 3:30PM
Room/auditorium: South Hall H-J *
Parking:$12, Park in South Hall
Admission:Limited to candidates for citizenship and their guests.

Oct 27th Oath Ceremony

Attended today's Oath Ceremony at Los Angeles Convention Center at 8AM.

Reached the place at 6.15AM. I was one of the first hundred applicants. Had to stand in line for an hour and they let you inside at 7AM. Another wait for 2 more hours and the ceremony started at 9.00AM with over 5000 applicants.

It is all done by 9.30AM. Collected the Naturalization Certificate, head straight to USPS table, gave the U.S Passport application along with signed Naturalization Certificate.

I was out by 10.00AM. People who came in later(they were coming into the hall until 9AM) would take another hour or so to get out.

Parking: Was easy, parked at South Hall for $12
Dress Code: Business Casual with sports jacket. I saw all kinds of people with different dress codes from Weird to formal. Most are dressed appropriately.
Wait: 3 hours
Documents: Green Card & Oath Letter
Things to watch out for: Traffic & Parking

Awesome GreenGuy; Congrats Man. I'm still waiting for my Oath Letter in the mail hopefully. Question. Did you have to surrender your signed Naturalization Certificate? Couldn't you keep a copy of it?

Naturalization Certificate Copy

That's one drawback of applying for Passport right there..

I didn't get a copy, and they take the certificate right away. In a way they take your Green Card, your Nat. Certificate and you are left with nothing..

Hope they don't screw up ..Risky in that sense.

I would recommend you make a copy and apply from your local post office the next day or so..

The Naturalization Certificate Says Punishable by Lay if Copied without Authorization... To that effect. Oh well that note is copied too typically

Photo copies

Most legal documents cannot copied in that sense including your passports.

It is alright to keep a copy for reference, just in case you lose the originals. A better way would be to keep it scanned..

So any one with November Naturalization Ceremony received their letters yet. Looks like I troll on these forums much more than others.