Los Angeles, CA - N-400 Timeline

At Last I got my OL schedule for Aug 20th. Still waiting for my wife's OL.

Zaid74, Your's should be on the way.

At Last I got my OL schedule for Aug 20th. Still waiting for my wife's OL.

Zaid74, Your's should be on the way.
Congratulations,Am happy to hear that :)
Hope your wife receive her letter soon .

Am still waiting but you know I feel comfortable:cool:

Hi everyone!

My interview at the Los Angeles DO fell about the same dates as your guys'. I'm just wondering about the Oath Letter and want to keep the thread alive on the July interview-to-oath ceremony dates.

Just got interviewed on 7/29/2010 and passed all, civics, reading and writing test, resulting in the adjudication officer checking the following boxes on N-652: "You passed the tests of English and U.S. History and Government" noting 100%, "Congratulations! Your application has been recommended for approval" and "Please take this letter to the Oath Ceremony". She explained that it usually takes within about 30-45 days for the Oath Ceremony to take place. Shortly before I left, I asked her if she knew around when and she said they were working for 8/20/2010 but couldn't guarantee. I'm really hoping for this date though because I have an overseas trip and won't be able to attend the next ceremony, which is 9/24/2010

Any of you guys asked the adjudication officer and got the correct oath date as what he/she said? Also, I'm wondering about when can I expect for the Oath letter and what is the cut-off date for the 8/20/2010 oath ceremony, given that there are 2ceremonies, 8am and 2pm (not sure if this is correct though).

Thanks very much!

--------------------------
DO: Los Angeles, CA
05/31/2005 LPR

03/08/2010 Mailed in N-400 (03/15/2010 priority date)
04/14/2010 FP Done
04/21/2010? Interview letter received (07/29/2010)
05/03/2010 YL received
07/29/2010 Interview done (passed!)

Congratulations,Am happy to hear that :)
Hope your wife receive her letter soon .

Am still waiting but you know I feel comfortable:cool:

I was worried. I didn't see any OL for San Bernardino DO. Now I am relieved.
You will get your's soon.

Please share your experience of Oath ceremony in Los Angeles Sports Arena like What was the process and Where to Part car, etc?

Finally, today I received my oath letter for 08/20. OHOOOOOOOOOO
I am worried because my wife did not received yet but I hope it could be possible for the same day too.

Well, my letter says:

at US DISTRICT COURT CENTRAL DISTRICT
-----
LOS ANGELES, CA
LOS ANGELES SPORTS ARENA, ARENA, NONE

is it the same place?? I mean it is a court inside Los Angeles Sports Arena or it is only 1 location. I did a name change and I don´t know if there is a court or something where I have to do my oath ceremony.

Thank you so much to all of you (BobSmith, Vorpal. Jackolartermt, ....) that game a lot of information that helped me.

Application Sent on 03/26/2010
Received on 03/29/2010
Check Cleared on 04/12/2010
received NOA (receipt) on 4/14/2010
RFE (checked online) sent on 4/20/2010
FP letter received on 4/24/2010
FP date 5/12/2010 (done)
IL received on 05/24/2010
file transfer to local Office on 05/25/2010
Interview passed on 07/09/2010
Oath letter received 08/05/2010
Oath date 08/10/2010 US CITIZEN:):)

I just passed my interview yesterday at the San Bernardino (DO) and recommended for approval. Will now be waiting for my oath letter 30-90 days as I was told by my IO.

I just passed my interview yesterday at the San Bernardino (DO) and recommended for approval. Will now be waiting for my oath letter 30-90 days as I was told by my IO.

Congrats, If you are lucky you will get OL for Aug 20th otherwise Sep.

Congrats, If you are lucky you will get OL for Aug 20th otherwise Sep.

Thanks Indore, I do hope I can get an Aug 20th but even if its Sept. I'll be fine with it. I'm just really excited and happy right now that I'm finally over with the interview.

Update. YL received. Anyone had their oath on the 20th that would like to share their experience?

Sorry for any typos, grammar errors etc.
I'm gonna type this on the fly...

Here's my Oath Experience:
Arrived around 6:45 w/ my wife. We had breakfast at Carls Jr thinking we would be one of the early ones.
Finished breakfast around 7:10 and headed to LASA. We weren't one of the early ones haha...
But we still got to the entrance around 7:25. We were told to go in separate lines.
My wife had to line up on the visitor area while I had to line up with the rest of the new soon to be citizens. :)
While in line they said to make sure we had our N-445 filled out, which I did.
Once inside there were about 40 or so lines to turn in our appt paperwork and for us to choose which line we wanted to go to.
I looked for the shortest line and turned in my n-445 along w/ my greencard.
They asked if anything had changed since the interview, if I had any traffic tickets, am I still willing to defend the country etc...
I said no changes and yes I'm still willing to defend the country.
They wrote OK on the N-445 form and wrote a table number on the form.
They said after the ceremony go to that table number to pick-up your naturalization certificate :)
Sat down at around 8:05 in waited for the ceremony to start. I filled out the voter registration while waiting but did not sign yet.
Ceremony started at around 9:00 AM and lasted about 20 mins.
First the judge presiding gave a short speech about how her parents naturalized and she is a US born citizen.
She also gave us alot of credit doing it the "hard" way and that she knows that we will value our new citizenship because of this journey.
Then we said the Oath of Allegiance and I felt goose bumps, it felt great!
After the Oath I turn to my wife "she was sitting on the visitors section but only about 50 yards away from me.
And she was in tears, so was I!
Then after the Oath they showed a couple of videos
1st one was with our President welcoming us and a music video of "Proud to be an American".
Both were very emotional and very rewarding.
After the ceremony, I picked up my certificate and we were done!
I was gonna get the passport at the time but did not have cash. The person doing the photos said the ATM was down at the time :(
So I'm gonna go to the Post Office this week and get that taken care of.

All in all it was a great experience and I'm happy that it's all over.
Like the music video says..

I'm "Proud to be an American!!"