Los Angeles, CA - N-400 Timeline

I had interview on 7/19 and happily passed the interview. Here is my experience,

My wife and I had appointment in afternoon, 45 minutes apart. We took Los Angeles St Exit on 101 south made Right turn and immediately there was a Parking on Right Side opposite to Federal Building. The parking is in Los Angeles Mall and price is $16 max, we ended paying the max. Parking is very convenient so worth the premium. Also there are plenty of eating options, Quiznos, Sbarro, Carls Jr. in the mall.

We took advice from the past posts, thanks fellow N-400ians, and entered building 1 hour earlier of appointment time. It took 20 mins to clear the security. We were 45mins early than our appointment time but we were allowed in the waiting area. We went to open window and put our appointment letter in a tray and waited for our name to be called. My wife's name was called before me; her appointment time was after me, since her letter in a tray was before me so it looks like its first come first server once you give your appointment letter.

The IO officer was very courteous and professional. Before taking a seat I was asked to take oath on telling the truth. She asked me to give Green Card, Driver License, Passport and Social Security Card. She gave me civic test which I answered correctly; once you answer all 6 correctly they move to next item. Then asked me to read "Washington is father of our country" and asked to write "Washington was the first president", may be vice versa. She went to whole application and confirmed all the answers. The rapid questions of yes/no were very fast so it is good that you thoroughly go through your application before you arrive. I had one international trip after I submitted N-400 so brought updated application with detail on that trip. I gave her new page but she noted the dates by hand on existing application. I have received letter from Selective Service about not requiring registering for Service but was not asked for it. She confirmed the name and address on the application and told me I have passed the interview, what a relief and joy! IO gave me letter saying I have passed the interview and wait for Oath letter. It took 20mins to go through the interview so it was very fast. One more thing if you have mentioned about traffic ticket then IO will make sure you have paid the fine. While going through the question they will make sure you have paid your taxes and you do not owe to IRS.

been lurking these forums the past few weeks.. just wanted to share my little citizenship journey.

Interview was last Wednesday 7/14 @ the L.A. Federal Building 6th floor.
Interview went great and was approved.
Received the N-652 form that said I was recommended for approval.
It's only been 9 days after the interview today and got a big surprise when I got home today.
I got the N-445 today 7/23, it was mailed on 7/21; needless to say I'm extremely happy

Oath date is 8/20 @ the LA Sports Arena at 8:00 AM.

I was somewhat worried because I just found out I was a victim of identity theft.
The IRS notified me back in April that income was made in 2008 using my SS# that was not reported and that I owed back taxes.
I replied back stating it wasn't me and filled out the forms to say so.
It is still under review and hasn't been settled yet so I thought this might delay the N-400 process but thank GOD is didn't.

I can't wait for 8/20 to come!!!!

los angeles n 445

i finaly got my oath letter today its form n- 445 it was mailed from missouri on 07/ 21 so it took 3 days for it to get to my adress in los angeles i am so happy the journey is over its going to be 08/ 20 at 8:00 am la sports arena .good luck to every one waiting for the oath letter ... good luck indore i hope u get ur oath for the 08/ 20 at the la sports arena ,,I can't wait for 8/20 to come!!!! ........so happy to be us citizen
02/23/2010(0): Sent N-400 to Phoenix, Arizona
02/24/2010 (1): N-400 Rec. According to USPS
02/27/2010 (): Receipt ND &
xx/xx/2010 (x): NOA Rec.

03/20/2010 (): FP done
04/20/2010 (): Interview Letter
06/22/2010 :) Interview Date (Passed)
08/20/2010 (x): Oath Date
08/20/2010 (x): USC Date

Last edited by a moderator:
Upcoming Interview

I would like to know what would they do to the passport that I brought in? Do I need to bring in multiple passports if there are ones that I don't use?
Citizenship through marriage: How long does it take to get the IRS 1722 letter? What is the process? Thanks!

Recent timeline of my case:
3/29/2010 N400 Received
5/5/2010 Fingerprinted
8/10/2010 Interview Date

Waiting for Interview Date

Did my FP last Tuesday. Waiting for case status update (LUD was 3 July). What can I predict in terms of time to wait for Interview Date? Thank you.

i finaly got my oath letter today its form n- 445 it was mailed from missouri on 07/ 21 so it took 3 days for it to get to my adress in los angeles i am so happy the journey is over its going to be 08/ 20 at 8:00 am la sports arena .good luck to every one waiting for the oath letter ... good luck indore i hope u get ur oath for the 08/ 20 at the la sports arena ,,I can't wait for 8/20 to come!!!! ........so happy to be us citizen

Congrat. Sigly.

I am waiting to receive the oath letter. What is the status you have in the USCIS website?? did you check it???. I did my interview and "still testing and interview".

Thanks

No OL yet, Still waiting. Congrats Sigly.

los angeles

Congrat. Sigly.

I am waiting to receive the oath letter. What is the status you have in the USCIS website?? did you check it???. I did my interview and "still testing and interview".

Thanks

yes i did stilll showing testing and interview at uscis website i believe it will always stay that way good luck with ur oath letter

yes i did stilll showing testing and interview at uscis website i believe it will always stay that way good luck with ur oath letter

These are date for oath in LA area. I am going to complete 1 month after interview but no OL yet.

July 29, 2010 (Thu.) U.S.D.C. (L.A.) 75 1:30 p.m.
August 12, 2010 (Thu.) U.S.D.C. (L.A.) 75 1:30 p.m.
August 20, 2010 (Fri.) LASA**** 5,000 9:00 a.m.
August 20, 2010 (Fri.) LASA**** 5,000 2:00 p.m.
September 09, 2010 (Thu.) U.S.D.C. (L.A.) 75 1:30 p.m.
September 24, 2010 (Fri.) LASA**** 5,000 9:00 a.m.
September 24, 2010 (Fri.) LASA**** 5,000 2:00 p.m.

More than a month after interview, NO OL yet. Anybody got OL in LA area recently?
Same here:(
Every day waiting for postman , wheh he finished his work i go and check my mail .. nothing , just i recieved bill's and invoice's:mad:
Yesterday i found a letter from ins .. am happy and say this is my oath letter, the letter for my brother, he live in our home country and they send the letter to let us that his case (i 130 ) was approved .

:(

Cheers! I have received my Oath Letter yesterday, 7/29/10. My wife also has already received her letter and we have same date and time for our oath on 8/20/10, so waiting for the big day!

Same here:(
Every day waiting for postman , wheh he finished his work i go and check my mail .. nothing , just i recieved bill's and invoice's:mad:
Yesterday i found a letter from ins .. am happy and say this is my oath letter, the letter for my brother, he live in our home country and they send the letter to let us that his case (i 130 ) was approved .

:(

I see OL for LA DO. nothing for Orange or San Bernardino.

Anybody has information on what's the usual time between FP and receiving the Transfer to Local Office update and then the Interview Letter for the Los Angeles DO?