Los Angeles, CA - N-400 Timeline

jwong,is the green thing the one that somebody have to sign for acceptance??
is thats the case you can call with the tracking number and they can instruct the carrier to leave and ignore the green ,try to call early so the carrier does not leave the post office to deliver the mail ...
they leave around 8 30, Now i see why they requested the additional info ,you should be just fine at the latest your oath will be on april.
GOOD LUCK.!!!!

toneto,

My point is, it's a PO BOX, there will be nobody living in the PO BOX 24/7
just to wait for and pick up the mail.

It's a PO BOX.

Perhaps it's the green thing that trigger the notice ?

And finally, this is the US Post Office, not UPS, not Fedex.

And I guess I'm not the only person in Los Angeles who send something
to this PO BOX with the green thing.

I guess there must be AT LEAST TWO persons who are
as nervous as I am and attach the green thing onto the
envelop.

ha ha

toneto,

My point is, it's a PO BOX, there will be nobody living in the PO BOX 24/7
just to wait for and pick up the mail.
True, but someone will have to go to the box and pick up the mail. So, I believe that person will get a (green) notice stating that there is a mail that needs to be picked up at the post office, which requires his/her signature.

I would assume that most people, who sent in their package there, are using return receipt as well. So, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

hi guys,

ha ha I was a total paranoia...

my mail was picked up this morning...

So I was too afraid, too nervous, for nothing...

toneto, you are absolutely right...

redla, you are also absolutely right...

oh man...one more moutain was lifted from my chest...

how many more mountains are there ?

-_-

Los Angeles N-400
Name Change requested with application.

Timeline:
11/17/2009: Mailed out.
11/19/2009: Application received.
11/24/2009: Priority Date & Notice Date.
11/25/2009: Check cleared.
11/27/2009: NOA received.
12/11/2009: FP Notice received.
12/21/2009: FP Done, Appointment.
01/15/2010: Interview letter received.
03/04/2010: Interview Date.
03/04/2010: Passed but no approval. Need to submit additional documents.
03/17/2010: Mailed out using USPS Overnight.
03/18/2010: Mailed delivered. Delivery confirmed.

Has anyone in the LA thread who had an interview in March got their Oath letter for March 31st? I see mostly February interviews getting March 31ST oath. Hoping against hope that i get one for March 31.

Ardaviraf

I got my interview on march 10th and passed but no oath letter yet. The IO said I might make it for march 31st so we'll see. However it seems like most people get the oath letter 2-3 weeks after their interview.

Just got my interview letter! :D

It's at the famous Room# 6024-43 that some people had mentioned before in this thread. Now I gotta start studying civics and history! ;)

Just wanted to give you guys an update. Got my oath ceremony letter for april 16th - its gonna be at quietcannon.com

dolce_vita:

Just relax and stay focus. Most officers are very professional while conducting interviews.

Make sure you know what you put on the N-400 application form as well.

I am sure you will do just fine.

Good luck studying !

^_^

Just got my interview today, passed the test and recommended for approval. Thank you very much for the forum which helped me a lot. The interview only took about 15 minutes, but the waitting was about 2 hours. The officer was very nice and professional.

Here is my timeline:

12/09/09 sent application
01/04/10 FP done (walk in)
01/23/10 IL received
03/23/10 ID-Passed & Recommended Approval
waitting for my oath letter

Thanks jwong2010,

I need some advice, should I apply for passport after the ceremony or should I go to a passport service agency? I noticed some thread said that they would rather make a copy of naturalization certificate first before applying the passport. Thanks

Glad everyone is passing (not surprised)...but going through the process is something else....We're going to the oath ceremony in a few days...yah! 6000 participants expected (it's gonna be crazy there) and the letter says to report promptly at 8:00am.., we're gonna be there around 7:15-7:30, just in case.

Congraduation W124. are u going to apply for your passport at the end of ceremony or apply later?

Last edited by a moderator:
Congraduation W124. are u going to apply for your passport at the end of ceremony or apply later?

Thanks leung!

We're going to apply at the passport center in LA (and should receive the passport in 3 days)...we're going on vacation shortly after my wife gets her USC =)

I and 2999 others became US CITIZEN at lacc yesterday at 14 :05 ,
apply for pp today at post office.
thanks to everybody that answer my posts