Los Angeles, CA - N-400 Timeline

Is there easy paid parking across from the uscis building in downtown la?

Yes, right in front of the front enterance of the federal building (USCIS) is an underground parking structure. I think it was like $2 for every 15 minutes or something...

heya w124 - thanks for the info.

Just wondering after you approved how long did it take before your status got updated on the uscis website?

Is the 3-31 oath ceremony at the la convention center?

heya w124 - thanks for the info.

Just wondering after you approved how long did it take before your status got updated on the uscis website?

Is the 3-31 oath ceremony at the la convention center?

I never entered my wife's info into the uscis website to check for update, which I'm kinda glad about since that might of created more anxiety for us not knowing if it's accurate or not..haha

Ya, the ceremony is at the convention center =)

Guys,
My interview is on Monday at 300 N los Angeles St. Feeling last minute jitters. Am taking GC, DL, Court disposition of traffic ticket, SSN proof. Do not have a Selective service document since I was on non immigrant visa when I was 26 years old. Hoping there are no surprises. Its in room 6043 I think. Hopefully the easy interviews continue.

Ardaviraf

toneto, congrats !!!!

ardaviraf, I brought my Selective Service Letter but she never asked to see it.

One more thing, make sure you wait in the room THE ENTIRE TIME until they call you.

On my interview day, a lady was called but she was in the rest room so she missed
the interview. The officer was mad and acted unprofessionally towards her but eventually
let her in.

So you just have to play safe.

thank you ,hope yours come soon.
ardarifav ,bring the most of docs ,taxes ,etc.just in case ,I was not asked for one of them ,but my documents were 4 inches thick.

N-400 Application... Update.. Oath Letter Received
Los Angeles Conv. Center

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mailed : 12/15/2009 USCIS (Phoenix, AZ)
Mail Received : 12/17/2009 (Day 2)
Notice of Action: 12/21/2009 (Day 6)
Priority Date: 12/22/2009 (Day 7)
Check Cashed: 12/24/2009 (Day 9)
NOA Received : 12/26/2009 (Day 11)
RFE Mailed : 12/29/2009 (Day 14)
RFE Received(Fingerprint) : 01/02/10 (Day 18)
FP Date and Time : 01/19/10 (10:00 am)....try to go 01/04/10 (Monday)!!!
FP Done (Walk-in) : 01/04/10 (Day 20)
Online Status Change : 01/15/2010 Transfered to local office for testing and interview (Day31)
Exactly 1 month from the date I mailed my N-400
Interview Letter Received : 1/15/10
Interview Date : 02/17/10 ...passed (Day 64)
Oath Letter Received : 03/11/10 (Day 90)
Oath Date : 03/31/10 Day (106)......Approx. > 3 months Total
Los Angeles Convention Center Wednesday - 12:30 PM

Guys,

Interview done today and recommended for Approval ! Just have to wait for Oath Letter. Hopefully done with the process. Thanks for the wishes and all your comments.

Ardaviraf

Yes....Just had to sign three documents outlining the name change I requested...so no hassles there. I see that the March 31st oath ceremony (there are 2 on same day) includes 6000 people. I am hoping I get lucky and get included in that.
How is you document gathering going? Any luck in getting a format for the letter?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, just got the word from my wife that she just got it
notarized, and will mail it to me asap.

Once I get that, I'll mail it out with my child's birth certificate.

And hopefully w124 is right, I hope the officer will be objective.

jwong I see that your wife will mail letter to you??so she does not live with you??/
did you apply after 3 years..or are you separarted
if thats the case well its more clear what they ask for.
good luck.
I still see people getting oath the 31 st
mine is at 1230

Jwong
I think it will be fine once you provide the docs.
During my interview I was asked several times if I had a wife outside country due
to my trips. I am sure they just wanted to make sure you are still married and not
lying about marriage and kid

toneto, yes my wife is living outside US and she's not a citizen nor GC holder. So I'm applying based on my own 5-yr residency.
And no, we did not separate. We are still happily married. It's the immigration laws that separate us.

ardaviraf, I sort of having the same thoughts as you did, and hopefully what I sent in will be sufficient. I was upset because the officer DID NOT EVEN ASK to see them at all, she just assumed I would mail them to her. That gave me a lot of anxiety...

Hi guys,

Here again there's something that make me really nervous.

I use USPS's Express Mail to overnight the two documents to the USCIS PO box in Los Angeles.
(I added the green Return Receipt thing on top of the overnight)

Here's the delivery info from usps.com:

Notice Left, March 18, 2010, 11:25 am, LOS ANGELES, CA 90053
Arrival at Pick-Up-Point, March 18, 2010, 9:50 am, LOS ANGELES, CA 90053
Arrival at Post Office, March 18, 2010, 9:45 am, LOS ANGELES, CA 90012
Processed through Sort Facility, March 17, 2010, 3:07 pm, CITY OF INDUSTRY, CA 91715
Acceptance, March 17, 2010, 10:26 am, WEST COVINA, CA 91793

So I don't understand why they have to leave a notice ? It's a PO Box, not a physical address.

Will the mail person see the notice and go pick up my package ?

Have any of you experienced anything like this ?

Oh man...what the...

Last edited by a moderator: