Los Angeles, CA - N-400 Timeline

Hi OC400;

"Each had a tracking #...and both delivered", good news that BOTH were delivered! :)

Now just track the status of your check and after it gets cashed, you should be receiving your NOA shortly. From what I've read on the forum, checks have been cashed BEFORE people have been receiving their NOA (and you should be able to see the status of your check anytime AND before receiving the NOA)

Definitely consider giving them a call in a week or so if your check doesn't get cashed/don't receive NOA by next week.

Please do keep us posted :)
W124,

We sent the application in two envelops at the same time on the same day. Each had a tracking number with the USPS, and both were delivered on Feb 5th. Each had the same package of information, with a separate check for each application.

Very strange that mine was acknowledged but my wife's was not, and is still not, in their system.

Just hoping that they send us her NOA this week.

Thanks,

OC400

My time line so far
Santa Ana - Orange County CA
02/03/10 - N400 mailed to Phoenix, AZ via USPS priority mail
02/05/10 - delivered per USPS
02/10/10 - PD (self); ??? (wife)
02/22/10 - NOA received self; ??? (wife)

Hi guys,

My interview is coming up next week in downtown LA.

The interview letter said it is at the room: 6024-43.

Is it hard to find this room ? What floor is it on ?

Hey GOOD LUCK to you on your interview jwong!!

Make sure you get there a little earlier than your interview time (we were about 30 minutes early when we arrived at the parking lot)

It's on the 6th floor and you'll see the double doors open to greet you :D

Give the guys sitting at the desk your IL and they'll tell you to drop it off at the box in one of the windows...and then you just wait ;)

Keep us posted mang!

Hi guys,

My interview is coming up next week in downtown LA.

The interview letter said it is at the room: 6024-43.

Is it hard to find this room ? What floor is it on ?

Wife's check just cleared last night. Took a little over two weeks. Was really worried there for a bit. But all is well, i guess.

My time line so far
2/11/10 - Chk Cashed (self)
02/12/10 - NOA received self; ??? (wife)
2/22/10 - chk cashed (wife) finally

Just noticed an error in my time lines: My NOA received date was feb 15th, not the 12th or 22 as I had previously posted. Sorry about that. I am typing or copying/pasting the time line every time and did not notice the error that has been continuing from the past.

Here is the correct timeline:

My time line so far
2/11/10 - Chk Cashed (self)
02/15/10 - NOA received self; ??? (wife)
2/22/10 - chk cashed (wife) finally

kabaca71,

Wow, same guy really ? I went back to read your post on 11/10/2009
and you mentioned it was very smooth and the officer was nice and
professional.

Now you make me really anxious...ha ha ha

Thanks for all your good wish, w124, kruz_patz, and kabaca71.

I will definitely keep you guys posted on a big fat POST-IT !!

Last edited by a moderator:
w124,

You still haven't received the oath letter yet ?

2/25 is the last oath date in February. They
have not updated the website for a long time.

w124,

You still haven't received the oath letter yet ?

2/25 is the last oath date in February. They
have not updated the website for a long time.

Yup....it's been exactly 2 weeks after passing the interview and we haven't received the oath letter yet :( A friend of my wife's took the test on 1/20 and went to the oath ceremony on 2/20...

And yup again...the oath date website hasn't been updated in a while :(

But I'm always here so I'll definitely update you guys through this whole process :D

Test your US History knowledge...

See if you have what it takes to be a USC !

Which state is the last to annex to the union ?
1) Alaska
2) Hawaii

Be careful, it's tricky !!

:cool:

I'm starting to think if we were supposed to wait in the waiting room for the oath letter, or wait for them to mail it to us. I want to wait for it in the mail because in the N-652, there is a check for ,"...recommended for approval....If final approval is granted, you WILL be notified when and where to report for the Oath Ceremony..."

*an applicant that just passed the interview (DO: Lawrence, MA) was informed to wait in the waiting room and received his oath letter 5 minutes after the interview.

I'm starting to think if we were supposed to wait in the waiting room for the oath letter, or wait for them to mail it to us. I want to wait for it in the mail because in the N-652, there is a check for ,"...recommended for approval....If final approval is granted, you WILL be notified when and where to report for the Oath Ceremony..."

*an applicant that just passed the interview (DO: Lawrence, MA) was informed to wait in the waiting room and received his oath letter 5 minutes after the interview.

Los Angeles DO does not give Oath letters same day like other DOs does, even in some other DOs you normally do the Oath same day after passing interview

So just wait to get the Oath letter in the mail , so my wife it took 20 days to get it while for me it was just 1 week waiting, and we both had the interview on the same day

Los Angeles DO does not give Oath letters same day like other DOs does, even in some other DOs you normally do the Oath same day after passing interview

So just wait to get the Oath letter in the mail , so my wife it took 20 days to get it while for me it was just 1 week waiting, and we both had the interview on the same day

Thanks for letting me know kabaca71!...now I'm not as anxious =)

...17 days after interview...and counting...:~

hi guys...
im waiting for a oath letter after passed the interview on early Feb.
the IO said that i'll get an oath letter next month..which is March..

i want to share follow up for the oath letter.

im at santa ana DO.

i also want to share the information for LA oath schedules.
i ve been searched... the oath date over the websites...
and unlikely the CA court web site do not updates oath dates for after feb. 2010.
i decided that i search each oath ceremony place in LA.
i found only one oath ceremony scheduled in march at LACC on March 31st 2010 on LACC website. (not sure exactly but its from my memories..)
and i found one on end of April at Fairfox...right? in pomona..
there are only couples scheduled for following monthes. that's bad...maybe no money...or not many people...i dont know...

so im expecting that i get the oath on end of march , i hope...

i hope there is earlier oath schedule available... lets patiently wait for CA court's update and the OL on march.

w124 seems very close processing time wid me...

so lets see what's gonna happen...

thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also did a research on the future oath dates. Here's what I found:

3/31/2010 @ LACC
4/29/2010 @ FAIRPLEX, POMONA
5/18/2010 @ LACC
6/23/2010 @ LACC
7/15/2010 @ LACC

I will update this if I find more info...

^_^

thanks for the update useagle2010 and jwong2010 =)

I'll keep my fingers crossed for an oath date before 3/31...