Los Angeles, CA - N-400 Timeline

Congratulations!

Do they always get to 6000 people every time?

Probably. My mom and dad were interviewed on the same day. My parents' DO was San Bernardino. They took the oath a couple of months ago. My mom's ceremony was in LA with 6000 people. My dad's ceremony was in Montebello - 2 weeks later. I think they are sending oath takers from nearby DO to LA until it is full.

Hi! It has been two weeks since my interview. Here is my timeline:

4/20 - Application Received
5/5 - Fingerprint Notice Received
5/16 - Fingerprints Taken
7/27 - Interview (approved!)

I am still waiting for my oath ceremony letter. It has been two weeks. Should I be concerned? It looks like other people who interviewed the same date and even later got their letter already for the August 28 ceremony. I interviewed at the downtown office.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
i have recently submitted my application too. hope everything will move smoothly. good luck to all of us! =)

D.O. Los Angeles
08/10/2009 Mailed out application to AZ
08/11/2009 Received application

i have to say thank you to all of you for providing insights on your own experiences. i've been reading this thread for quite sometime now and it's been really helpful to say the least. =)

I am eligible to apply now, but i have a planned trip to India towards the end of November.

Based on L.A timelines, do you recommend me to wait until i come back from my trip. Any insights are very helpful..

I am eligible to apply now, but i have a planned trip to India towards the end of November.

Based on L.A timelines, do you recommend me to wait until i come back from my trip. Any insights are very helpful..

It depends on how long your trip to India will be. If you apply now and receive FP notice while you are in India, you'll need to make arrangements to have someone check your mail while you are gone.

I Passed my Interview in San Bernardino on 27th July. But I haven't received my oath letter yet.

It looks like people from LA DO who interviewed on 30th July have received the oath letter for August 28th.

Any chance I can also get into this oath ceremony? The San Bernardino oaths are also in LA, so why this difference in allocating oath dates?

Anybody else from San Bernardino DO who is scheduled for oath on 28th Auguest in LA? When was your interview?

Thanks!

yayy! Tracer! your process has begun ! It only took 3 months for me from mailed out N 400 to receive Oath letter. The interview was 20 mins or a bit shorter, very friendly staff, and not many people at waiting room but the PARKING.. depends on where u will be for your interview... If its at downtown L.A area. omg.. parking is pure evil and bring cash because no visa card allow. Best Luck to you!

6000 people for the 8-28-09 OATH in Los Angeles! WOW! That will take few hours! My oath appointment is at 1 PM right after lunch! But most of my friends are at 10 AM.. !

thanks artsypaw! :D i hope mine will move fast too!

did they, at any point of the process, ask for your tax returns? if so, for what year(s)? i was wondering because i read the guide and from what i understand, they only need it if you have travelled outside the US for more than six months. please advise.

thanks again!

Good morning Tracer:
Officer never asked me for my tax return documents but my friend who was interviewing the same day, she was asking to shown. What I bought with me for interview: interview letter, green card, Calif DL, 3 years of my tax record, most current paycheck copy, all of the old passports and visas. During the interview, office went though your N400 application questions as you mailed it out. So it is always good to keep a copy for yourself. 10 questions from Zzz 100 questions list, I was only asked 6 out 10 cos I got all right for the first 6, asked me to write one sentence, and read on sentence. The whole process was simple, friendly, and in the very good timely matter. If you have any records, such as DUI... just let the officer known, not a big deal. My friend had to go to court and local police Dept request a statement for her DUI. Lucky me! I don't drink lol.
I apply as Single person, no family, no kids so maybe that is why my case was only 3 months. All I remember and Shock, 4 days after my interview.. Tada.. Oath letter. ^_^

Tracker

Here are the dates so far for my husband and me:

DO - (Hopefully Santa Ana) If not, Los Angeles
PD - 7/24/09
FP Notice recd - 8/13/09
FP Appt - 8/20/09
FP Done - 8/20/09
Next waiting for IL..

Reg: OATH

My OATH letter says Los Angeles Convesion Center, HALL,GATE None.

Any one knows What is the Hall name/Gate Number.

I think it should be a Finger print Notice .
-----------------
Current Status: Request for Additional Evidence Sent

On August 21, 2009, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the requested information. This case will be in suspense until we receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once we receive the requested evidence or information and make a decision on the case, you will be notified by mail. If you move while this case is pending, call 1-800-375-5283 to update your address