Los Angeles, CA - N-400 Timeline

Guys i got a certified letter from uscis that i need to pick up Monday from post office. Does anyone knows what it means, I am waiting for n400 decision and finally Oath Ceremony, but i dont know if they send certified letter for that or if its something else (an intent to deny or RFE). Does anyone know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys i got a certified letter from uscis that i need to pick up Monday from post office. Does anyone knows what it means, I am waiting for n400 decision and finally Oath Ceremony, but i dont know if they send certified letter for that or if its something else (an intent to deny or RFE). Does anyone know.

I never got anything certified from cis. Let us know what it is once you find out, I'm curious too. Good luck to you.

has anyone who has been scheduled for an oath ceremony in the afternoon tried showing up to the morning ceremony and take the oath then?

So what's on the letter, Joelee?

sat

Hi Guys,

I just joined in this group, i am applying Citizenship in next few days. Is there any advices before i a maill the application.

Regards
sat

Just joined

Hi! I just joined and am posting my timeline. I passed interview on Mar 9 and hope to get the Oath date asap!

BTW, I believe it will be okay to have a travel between interview and oath. I left US right after the interview and have a plan to be back right before the oath date. It will not break continuous and physical residency requirement for sure. Would this be a problem?

Hi! I just joined and am posting my timeline. I passed interview on Mar 9 and hope to get the Oath date asap!

BTW, I believe it will be okay to have a travel between interview and oath. I left US right after the interview and have a plan to be back right before the oath date. It will not break continuous and physical residency requirement for sure. Would this be a problem?

Coruir, it seems that we have aprox. same timeline. Please post when you get your oath letter. I'll do the same.

I'm not sure how to respond to your travel concern, check how many days you been outside already and how you will be including this trip

Sat

I think you can travel between interview and oath, i have a friend who did that.

I believe it will be okay to have a travel between interview and oath. I left US right after the interview and have a plan to be back right before the oath date. It will not break continuous and physical residency requirement for sure. Would this be a problem?

You are correct that this will not be a problem. At your oath you will be asked if you have traveled out of the US since the oath, give them the dates, and, since you are still fine with continuous and physical residency requirements, all will be fine. I would suggest you take your current passport, just in case it is needed to confirm dates.

Coruir, it seems that we have aprox. same timeline. Please post when you get your oath letter. I'll do the same.

I'm not sure how to respond to your travel concern, check how many days you been outside already and how you will be including this trip

Kenobi, for sure! It can eliminate the possibility to miss the oath letter. I hope we can get the same date soon.

Auscal & vvet, thank you very much for the replies! I believe it will be ok unless if I get the oath letter after 6 months. :)

Congrats with good news to everyone who got them (and patience to rest of us)!

while I am waiting for my IL, I made another chart :) :

General estimate numbers for LA DO
PD-FD -1 month (can be from 15 to 45 days - depending on walk-in)
FD-IL - 3 weeks -1,5 month,
IL-ID - 50-55 days (1,5-2 month)
ID-OD - 1,5-2 months
so total from PD to OD anywhere from 5 to 7 months

STATS:
kenobi________ PD 11/17 PD-FD= 21 days-> FD-IL =45 days (1,5 m)-> IL-ID = 50 days (1m, 3w) -> ID-OD...
coruir _________ PD 11/18 PD-FD=25 days-> FD-IL = 40 days (1,5m) -> IL-ID = 45 days (1,5 m) -> ID-OD...
musashi _______ PD 01/12 PD-FD = 30 days(1m)-> FD-IL=21 days (3wks)-> IL-ID=50 days (1m, 3wks) -> ID-OD ....
zephyr2009_____ PD 01/22 PD-FD = 30 days (1m) -> FD-IL = 21 days (3wks) -> IL-ID = 54 days (1m, 3 wks) -> ID-OD ...
FelizLA ________ PD 01/30 PD-FD = 22 days (3w) -> FD-IL = .... (March 14th was 3 weeks) -> IL-ID =.... -> ID-OD...
dreamwork2____ PD 02/02 PD-FD = 23 days (3 w)-> FD-IL = .... -> IL-ID =.... -> ID-OD...
Fast and Furious _PD 03/04 PD-FD = .... -> FD-IL = .... -> IL-ID =.... -> ID-OD...

Details:

kenobi
11/17/08 : Priority Date
12/09/2009: FP completed
01/24/2009: IL received notice of as 01/19/2009
03/09/2009: ID passed
???????????: OL waiting

coruir
11/18/08 Priority Date
12/13/08 Finger
01/24/09 Interview Notice
03/09/09 Interview - Passed
Waiting for Oath!

musashi
01/12/09 Priority Date
01/30/09 FP received
02/10/09 FP Date
03/03/09 IL received
04/23/09 Interview Date

zephyr2009
01/14/2009: Forwarded to Phoenix Lock Box
01/22/2009: PD
02/12/2009: FP Date
03/05/2009: IL
04/29/2009: ID

dreamwork2
02/02/2009: PD
02/25/2009: FP Date

Fast and Furious
03/04 PD

Last edited by a moderator:

I really hope it's RFE in your case, in mine it was denial letter via certified mail

isn't it horrible, they only want to send bad news securely? why can't they use certified for Interview or Oath letters????