Los Angeles, CA - N-400 Timeline

Got it baby! postmarked 1/30 from Missouri, that's a thursday. I did check mail the following saturday an nothing. So I waited til the following saturday again (yesterday) cause checking the mailbox so often was killing me.

for 1pm 1/26

Ok, does anyone know what the timeframe is for a passport? Normal and expedited? A site said 3 weeks was normal processing time, seems faster than what I have heard.

3 weeks for normal processing is correct

1 week for expedited

If you need it faster, walkin to the passport Agency office and they can issue it the same day

Hooray Elec99, finally, congrats...
usually it will take around 7-10 days to receive the passport(normal process) , my cousin applied through normal process, it takes 7 days for her to receive :p

PS: another raining day, geez, hopefully it will not rain on 26th

Ok, does anyone know what the timeframe is for a passport? Normal and expedited? A site said 3 weeks was normal processing time, seems faster than what I have heard.

Got it baby! postmarked 1/30 from Missouri, that's a thursday. I did check mail the following saturday an nothing. So I waited til the following saturday again (yesterday) cause checking the mailbox so often was killing me.

for 1pm 1/26

Congratulations elec99!

Thanks everyone. This forum brought me alot of my sanity back, the wondering and waiting will kill just about anyone. I'm thankful to have found others with a lot of insight and who are in similar positions.

Congrats, elec99 - finally!

From the stats I am reading, it doesn't seem like it is worth the extra $$ to expediate the passport application. But, my work could possibly have me leaving the USA on short notice - so, I'm wondering, if you apply for a passport "regular timeline" , then, unexpectedly need it quicker, can you then go to the LA passport office, and receive it that day? (paying more $$, or course)

I don't know but would GUESS that once it's submitted that there's not a whole lot of control on your side.

Congrats to everyone who got good news!!!

my check was chashed, so I am joining back the LA waiting club, hopefully with a positive outcome this time!

Congrats to everyone who got good news!!!

my check was chashed, so I am joining back the LA waiting club, hopefully with a positive outcome this time!

Good luck to you on your second journey Feliz. I'm sure that this time everything will go fine for you. :)

Question about FP notice: I've heard that since one may receive the FP notice 3 weeks ahead of the actual FP date, that you could save time by bringing in your notice well ahead of time, get your FPs done, and save 3 weeks?

If this is true then I wish I knew this...anyone hear of this?

btw, Northrup runs the FP for the govt in regard to the n-400 app, and possibly other apps as well, but I'm guessing they get paid per app so it may not be in their best interest to turn you away at the door, but worst case scenario is that they tell you to come back at your scheduled date and time.

Thank you, Mr Vertigo! :) Good luck to all of us! :) I got my NOA1 yesterday with a NBC case number (see my signature) i hope it doesnt mean delay for me...

elec99, yes FP walk-ins are totally legal, i did it 2 times for my greencard and once for N400, but in some cases of stubborn security guys it takes some polite assertiveness, and yes, worst case - try another day - and another security guy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you, Mr Vertigo! :) Good luck to all of us! :) I got my NOA1 yesterday with a NBC case number (see my signature) i hope it doesnt mean delay for me...

elec99, yes FP walk-ins are totally legal, i did it 2 times for my greencard and once for N400, but in some cases of stubborn security guys it takes some polite assertiveness, and yes, worst case - try another day - and another security guy.

Hi Feliz, question why would the NBC case number mean a delay? :confused:

Hi Feliz, question why would the NBC case number mean a delay? :confused:

even though I have been on this forum all along my first N400 I dont remember what happens when case is processed at National Benefits Senter vs. regular Phoenix/CA or Local Office. And besides with the USCIS one never knows for sure what can cause delay unfortunately

Oh so true about delays :-(

I was just asking because I thought all applications went to NBC, but now I see what you mean about them going to the local office instead.

Passport Photos

Don't know if you guys/girls have a CVS pahrmacy near you but they seem to have the cheapest passport photos: 6 for about $7 bucks.

I used to pay 15 for 2 at kinkos.