Los Angeles, CA - N-400 Timeline

Dear Friends,

It's over! My wife and I became citizens today, Dec. 19th, at the LA Convention Center. The ceremony was nice and short. The judge recited the Oath of Allegiance too fast so that 99% of all people could not follow for a portion... resulting in an awkward silence. The rest of the ceremony was well done... Well, it's over. I am looking at my Nat. Certificate infront of me - my greatest Christmas present.

As I stated earlier - I is America ;)

Take care and God bless!

Dear Friends,

It's over! My wife and I became citizens today, Dec. 19th, at the LA Convention Center. The ceremony was nice and short. The judge recited the Oath of Allegiance too fast so that 99% of all people could not follow for a portion... resulting in an awkward silence. The rest of the ceremony was well done... Well, it's over. I am looking at my Nat. Certificate infront of me - my greatest Christmas present.

As I stated earlier - I is America ;)

Take care and God bless!

Congratulations iluvfra! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and your wife!

Congratulations iluvfra and Manlika2004!!!Great news!!!

People waiting for Oath - it's almost over and they are working faster then ever - so don't worry - just assume your oath will be January 29 and relax till then!

Good luck to all of us waiting and Happy Holidays!

Congratulations iluvfra and Manlika2004!!!Great news!!!

Thank you Feliz. It has been a long journey. When will you file again, sometime next month?

Congrats iluvra and Manlika.

I will start schwitzing after mid January without an Oath letter. Until then I am taking it easy.

Shopgirl- do you have your Oath letter yet?

No, I have not received my OL neither. Well, I guess the December interviewers will be on the Jan 29, 2009 Oath ceremony then.

Your timing is the same as mine as I interviewed on December 1 as well.

This is my first post to this forum. First thank you all so much. This forum is so helpful while waiting. My time line is as follows.
Priority Date 10-09-08
FP Notice 10-27-08
FP Date 11-14-08
IL Dated 12-22-08
ID 02-04-09
Oath Letter:??
Oath cermony:??
Passport:??

To everyone,

Thank you very much for your inputs and advices. I found this forum very informative, and everyone here was always helpful and encouraging to one another.

I had my oath ceremony on Dec. 19th, 2008. The whole process went very smoothly although it was freezing the whole time (I think they didn't even bother turning on the heat). If you want to get out early, come early (they usher you out in the same order that you came in the court).

The following is my timeline:

1/10/2008 - Application sent

Note: I never received any receipt notice, and on the returned check that was payable to USCIS, instead of the "*" that is in between the numbers and letters in a normal case #, I had a "$" sign. This case number never worked when entered online. It turned out there was a glitch in the USCIS system, and a new case number was issued to me in April, one month after I called and made an inquiry.

Mid April, 2008 - NOA
5/19/2008 - Fingerprint
Mid August, 2008 - Interview Letter Received
10/8/2008 - Interview Date, Passed
Late November 2008 - Oath Letter Received
12/19/2008 - Oath Date

To everyone who is waiting for an oath letter: Please be patient, and try not to worry, or it will interfear with your normal life. I was very nervous after the interview, as the USCIS officer who interviewed me was not nice. She was unfriendly througout the process, and seemed to dislike me/ tried to find every single reasons to make me feel miserable during the thirty-minute-interview. She never bother letting me now that I passed the interview in the end, never shaked my hand, never smiled, only gave me a letter saying that I passed. I also brought 2 sets of pictures with me just in case, but she complaint about the quality of the pictures and made me retake them downstairs.

However, I still received my oath letter, although it took longer than the trend. I also was told that if you feel the officer is being mean to you, you can tell them how you feel, or ask to talk to a supervisor. I wish I knew this before the interview.

So please be patient, as long as you qualify, and passed the interview, you will receive an oath letter.

Good luck to all, and happy holidays!

I am having a problem looking at my case status online on uscis.gov

My case number is NBC*00000XXXX

When I enter my case number it says it is not valid, but that is what I have on my receipts.

Anybody has any insight into what I need to do to see the status online??

Thanks

Do not worry too much about it....My case never appeared on line, and I have already passed my interview. My advice would be to stay on top of your case by calling the 1800 number once in a while.

i filed based on 5 years of residency and haven't received the oath letter yet....:(

Sundland, I had my interview on the same date, and I am also worried because I have not received the oath ceremony appointment yet. Have you heard anything from them yet?

Sundland, I had my interview on the same date, and I am also worried because I have not received the oath ceremony appointment yet. Have you heard anything from them yet?

Hi Dax2005, I haven't received anything yet... I tried calling the 1800 number but they never did help me find out the status. They kept on saying that I should call back if I haven't heard anything in 90 days. I asked what information they have of my status on their system, and they said that they can't see anything. *shrugs*

Just keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best!

Happy New Year to everyone in this forum!

Hello again Sunland. I have just received my notice for the oath ceremony (January 29); thus, I would imagine that yours is either on your hands or on its way. Good luck!!! And good luck to everyone else.

Received my Oath letter today

Hello all,
I received my oath letter today. I had my interview on 11/17/08 and the oath ceremony is on 1/29/09. I hope everyone waiting for the oath letter received their letter today as well or it must be in the mail.

Thanks