5-July: N-400 Mailed
12-July: N-400 opened by USCIS
18-July: Check cashed
9-Aug: Fingerprint Notice Received
31-Aug: Fingerprint Appointment
14-Aug: Fingerprint Walk-in
20-March: Interview Notice Received
19-May: Interview Date
23-July: Oath Notice sent (never received)
20-Aug : Oath Date
______ : Passport Applied for
______ : Passport Received

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my oath appointment - 8/20 at Quiet Cannon

The update signature function isn't working for me so here goes

District Office : Laguna Niguel, CA
Case number WSC*001913___

5-July: N-400 Mailed
12-July: N-400 opened by USCIS
18-July: Check cashed
9-Aug: Fingerprint Notice Received
31-Aug: Fingerprint Appointment
14-Aug: Fingerprint Walk-in
20-March: Interview Notice Received
19-May: Interview Date
23-July: Oath Notice sent (never received)
20-Aug : Oath Date
______ : Passport Applied for
______ : Passport Received
Congratulations!! Only two more weeks and you will be a citizen. Can you please post your oath experience after you take the oath?

i just passed my citizenzhip interview. For those who receive a first an interview letter and then an appointment to see an adjudication office regarding your N-400 personal interview that second letter means that they reschedule your interview for the date you have to see the adjudication officer. study the questions and take all your papers. thats what happened to me today. although they should have said that in the letter because i forgot my selective service card and i thought they were going to send me back but everything went alright.

i just passed my citizenzhip interview. For those who receive a first an interview letter and then an appointment to see an adjudication office regarding your N-400 personal interview that second letter means that they reschedule your interview for the date you have to see the adjudication officer. study the questions and take all your papers. thats what happened to me today. although they should have said that in the letter because i forgot my selective service card and i thought they were going to send me back but everything went alright.

Wow.. that is really great news.. thank you so much for yr quick response.. and CONGRATULATIONS to you... cheers

new statistics from USCIS

Recent data from USCIS shows a decreasing number of N-400 pending cases every month. I suspect that the average waiting time in California will be reduced from about 11-12 months right now, to about 8-9 by the Fall, and possibly even lower by the end of the year. Finally some consistent good news after a crappy year for N-400 applicants.

More info here:

http://www.uscis.gov/files/article/N-400 NATURALIZATION BENEFITS_June08.pdf

I also saw on the news about the double interview letters like some of you and myself had received and it seems that they are re-scheduling the appointments to an early date.

Ok. I have a question about parking and guests.

1. Is there parking in Quiet Canon and if so how much is it?

2. Can we bring guests (in my case 2)?

Any help is appreciated. The ceremony is this coming Wednesday.

Thank you in advance!

2008 Los Angeles timeline

Hi,

I sent my application out in March 2008. Haven't really found any recent timelines for Los Angeles, hence posting this.

Any 2008 timelines would greatly help.

Thanks
------------------------------------------------------
N-400 Timeline (CSC - Los Angeles)

PD: March 20, 2008
FP: April 15, 2008
IL: Waiting
------------------------------------------------------

March PD

Greetings,

My PD is in March as well, and based on my estimates the interview should happen no later than November this year (assuming I don't get stuck in name check).

03/06/08: MD, CA CSC (LA area)
03/08/08: Appl. Rc'd
03/10/08: PD
03/12/08: CC
03/19/08: PN Rc'd
03/21/08: FP Notice Rc'd
04/01/08: FP Date
00/00/00: IL Rc'd
00/00/00: IL Date
00/00/00: Interview Result (N652)
00/00/00: N. Oath (N445)
00/00/00: Oath Ceremony Date
00/00/00: PP Appl.
00/00/00: VR
00/00/00: PP Rc'd

Mardh 2008

hi guys,
I'm very new in this forum. Below are my timelines. I hope the i will recieve the IL soon. Any idea what is the processing time in LA DO now ? your help is really appreciated.

02/27/08: MD, CA CSC (LA area)
03/03/08: Appl. Rc'd
03/05/08: PD
03/10/08: FP Notice Rc'd
03/27/08: FP Date
00/00/00: IL Rc'd
00/00/00: IL Date
00/00/00: Interview Result (N652)
00/00/00: N. Oath (N445)
00/00/00: Oath Ceremony Date

My N-400 Timeline in Los Angeles

Anyone applying for N-400 from Los Angeles district with timelines? I want to know how long it takes for the interview letter to arrive after fingerprinting is done. I also want to know if the letter I received from the National Benefits Center regarding "Complete file review/Documents checklist" is also routinely sent after fingerprinting and before interview letter is received. I also want to know which applicants are getting oath letters now in the LA area.

Does the USCIS case status online get updated when interview letter is sent out to applicant?

Does the interview letter come from Los Angeles DO or from National Benefits Center?

I know someone who applied in June 2007 who got interviewed in May 2008 and was scheduled for Oath on Aug 14, 2008. Is it still taking that long now despite the drop in the number of applications starting Aug 2007?

My timeline:
WSC*00217XXXX
07/10/08 - Mailed application to CSC (Los Angeles DO)
07/11/08 - PD
07/14/08 - Check cashed
07/18/08 - Received NOA in the mail. Receipt date: 07/11/08
07/26/08 - Received NOA FP appointment for 08/01/08 3:00 pm
08/01/08 - FP done in downtown LA ASC in 15 minutes
08/08/08 - Received in the mail letter from National Benefits Center titled "Complete file review/documents checklist" dated 08/01/08
00/00/00 - IL ?
00/00/00 - ID ?
00/00/00 - OL ?
00/00/00 - OD ?
00/00/00 - PP application?
00/00/00 - PP received?

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone applying for N-400 from Los Angeles district with timelines? I want to know how long it takes for the interview letter to arrive after fingerprinting is done. I also want to know if the letter I received from the National Benefits Center regarding "Complete file review/Documents checklist" is also routinely sent after fingerprinting and before interview letter is received. I also want to know which applicants are getting oath letters now in the LA area.

Does the USCIS case status online get updated when interview letter is sent out to applicant?

Does the interview letter come from Los Angeles DO or from National Benefits Center?

I know someone who applied in June 2007 who got interviewed in May 2008 and was scheduled for Oath on Aug 14, 2008. Is it still taking that long now despite the drop in the number of applications starting Aug 2007?
Well, it's hard to say how long it will take you to get your IL once the fingerprinting is complete. Clearly, the LA DO had a massive backlog to clear, although it appears that by September 2008 they will be substantially over the hump of summer 2007 applicants. In your case, I would guess that you will receive your IL in September or October since things seem to be moving much faster now, and there were many fewer applicants in 2008 than in 2007. Your interview will take place ~ 2 months following the receipt of your IL.

I did not receive the "Complete Document Review" letter to which you are referring, but perhaps others did. I received only a receipt for my application, a FP letter and an IL. With the IL was an extra document that listed the various document that applicants were to bring to the interview, depending on their respective situations. I think this is just a standard checklist. After the interview, I was given an N-652 with the interview results stated.

From this forum, it appears that LA (and other So. Cal.) applicants who had interviews conducted up to early July 2008 have received oath letters. The last batch that went out appeared to be for the August 28, 2008 oath ceremony at the LA Convention Center. There are three ceremonies that day, each one for 6,000 applicants. The next oath date is September 11, 2008 (again for a total of 18,000 applicants). To date, I have not seen any posts - either here or in the Santa Ana forum - about applicants who have received an oath letter for the September 11 ceremony.

The online case status is uncertain at best. It is largely useless and can safely and easily be ignored. In some cases, disappearance of the case status is indicative of an interview letter being sent, but in other cases (including mine) the case status remains online. There is a loose correlation between case status disappearance and IL, but it is not always an indicator.

The IL will come from the California Service Center, which is where you mailed your N-400 at the outset of this process. The CSC schedules the interviews on behalf of the various DOs. I am not certain as to where the oath letters are sent from.

It's anybody's guess how long the process takes at this point. One thing you have working in your favor, however, is that you applied long after the huge rush of July 2007. Since things seem to be working their way through the system at this point, I would guess that by late 2008 or early 2009 you will likely be complete.

Thanks and Congratulations Yummyk!

Congratulations to you!

Thanks a lot! I hope and pray that things will be moving faster from here on. This waiting game is not fun at all. But I should not complain. Many of you have been through the worst.

Well, it's hard to say how long it will take you to get your IL once the fingerprinting is complete. Clearly, the LA DO had a massive backlog to clear, although it appears that by September 2008 they will be substantially over the hump of summer 2007 applicants. In your case, I would guess that you will receive your IL in September or October since things seem to be moving much faster now, and there were many fewer applicants in 2008 than in 2007. Your interview will take place ~ 2 months following the receipt of your IL.

I did not receive the "Complete Document Review" letter to which you are referring, but perhaps others did. I received only a receipt for my application, a FP letter and an IL. With the IL was an extra document that listed the various document that applicants were to bring to the interview, depending on their respective situations. I think this is just a standard checklist. After the interview, I was given an N-652 with the interview results stated.

From this forum, it appears that LA (and other So. Cal.) applicants who had interviews conducted up to early July 2008 have received oath letters. The last batch that went out appeared to be for the August 28, 2008 oath ceremony at the LA Convention Center. There are three ceremonies that day, each one for 6,000 applicants. The next oath date is September 11, 2008 (again for a total of 18,000 applicants). To date, I have not seen any posts - either here or in the Santa Ana forum - about applicants who have received an oath letter for the September 11 ceremony.

The online case status is uncertain at best. It is largely useless and can safely and easily be ignored. In some cases, disappearance of the case status is indicative of an interview letter being sent, but in other cases (including mine) the case status remains online. There is a loose correlation between case status disappearance and IL, but it is not always an indicator.

The IL will come from the California Service Center, which is where you mailed your N-400 at the outset of this process. The CSC schedules the interviews on behalf of the various DOs. I am not certain as to where the oath letters are sent from.

It's anybody's guess how long the process takes at this point. One thing you have working in your favor, however, is that you applied long after the huge rush of July 2007. Since things seem to be working their way through the system at this point, I would guess that by late 2008 or early 2009 you will likely be complete.