Los Angeles, CA - N-400 Timeline

We received our oath ceremony letters for Oct 25. Mine is at 8 am and wife is at 12.30 pm. Can we go together? also we will have our 2 yr old daughter with us.

This is for the Oct 25 Oath ceremony in Pomona.

I have a 8 am oath ceremony and wife has it at 12.30 pm. Can she come with me for oath ceremony? also we have a 2 yr old and I am assuming we can take her with us for oath ceremony..

mnsweeps said:
This is for the Oct 25 Oath ceremony in Pomona.

I have a 8 am oath ceremony and wife has it at 12.30 pm. Can she come with me for oath ceremony? also we have a 2 yr old and I am assuming we can take her with us for oath ceremony..

I really don't want to say that, but I will - who cares!?
People here have gone through really difficult situations with INS
and you have such a big problem, because you can't spend two more
hours there and stay for both ceremonies, that you have to start 3 topics
about it and repeat your stupid question 5 times? Shame on you.

my expereince

used this forum multiple times and thought I'd share my expereince
Los Angeles (downtown)

5 year greencard anniversary 04.29.2006
Mailed N-400 using Fedex on 03.27.2006
Fedex returned (no PO boxes!) 03.29.2006
Remailed using USPS 04.04.2006
PD 04.07.2006
Check cashed 04.14.2006
(bank shows check/numbers on the web)
Notice Recieved 04.20.2006
FP date 05.29.2006
Interview 07.18.2006
(nothing for ~ 90 days)
Infopass appt on 10.17.2006
(Officer was very nice - noticed that my case did not come up on the system. She asked me to wait and after ~10 minutes came out and invited me into her office. She had my paper file and apologised, my original interview officer had forgotten to put my name on system to get me a oath letter! Asked if I minded waiting for another 30 minutes while she asked her supervisor to get me a oath letter. Asked if the 25th or 26th was better. ~ 40 minutes later - handed me the oath letter)
Oath 10.25.2006 (Pomona)

Cheers!

I scheduled an info pass yesterday morning to check my case status and the officer told me that they just processed my interview notice that morning as well. She said I should receive the notice within 2 weeks. And I just checked the online case and my case disappeared. After 3 months of no news.

dinx

FP: 7/8/06

can someone please give me LA DO office phone no? I wanted to ask them if my wifes 12.30 oath can be preponed to 8 am with me on oct 25. Thanks

la office does not have a number that will serve you - call teh national number.
honetly dude - your oaths being different is probably good for you - each of you can take care of your kid in turns. and it ain't a situation of dire needs - so chill and stop bothering the uscis for petty scheduling items !

iddlyvadasambar said:
...She had my paper file and apologised, my original interview officer had forgotten to put my name on system to get me a oath letter! Asked if I minded waiting for another 30 minutes while she asked her supervisor to get me a oath letter. Asked if the 25th or 26th was better. ~ 40 minutes later - handed me the oath letter)
Oath 10.25.2006 (Pomona)

Cheers!

And when you thought nothing would surprise you anymore!
Amazing. It doesn't matter, you're done now anyway...

I just want to add a couple of comments. My interview was
simple, the test when you know 100 questions is easy.
But that's actually the last moment INS deals with you and my
officer took it quite seriously. He went through my file again,
since the very beginning. And my file (O1 visa and EB1 GC)
is really thick! Seeing it you kind of appreciate the effort
of all those different people updating it through those few years ;-)
Last thing - don't bring all those things some here advise to
take with you to the interview. It's craziness.
You really just need a GC and a passport with stamps corresponding
to your trips. Nothing else. My officer asked for my SS card,
but he added "if you have it, not a big deal".

Good luck to everyone and thanks to the community for such help!

Just wanted to share my info :)

see signature. thx

Edit: 11/2 Confirmed that FP check passed on same day.

Agent told me that name checks are done in DC and that they take anywhere between 1yr and 5yrs. :confused: I freaked out. She said the best way to check on the status is to call USCIS...

Last edited by a moderator:
Checks not cashed yet.

During the last 1 year, I been outside the country to generate some business. So due to that I have been outof the country for 178 days and 179 days. The previous 4 years have been continous stay without a break more than 30 days at the most.

I mailed my application on 11/7/2006 and it reached USCIS on 11/8/2006. So far the checks have not been cashed. Could it have to do anything with my extended periods of stay outside US?

Mailed: 11/7/2006
Reached CSC: 11/8/2006
Checks cashed: ???

Got my oath letter today. I'm a little confused about what I'm supposed to bring to the oath ceremony. The form has check marks next to "Any immigration documents you may have" and "Other". What exactly do they mean by that? Any ideas? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Got my IL

Got my interview letter for 1/9/07. The letter was titled "Request for Applicant to Appear for Naturalization Initial Interview" . The word "Initial" caught my attention but i guess it is normal.

See dates below.

CSC_AOS said:
Got my interview letter for 1/9/07. The letter was titled "Request for Applicant to Appear for Naturalization Initial Interview" . The word "Initial" caught my attention but i guess it is normal.

See dates below.

Hello,

Yes, normal ...

Finally, I had my interview on 11/28/06 and passed. Now just waiting for the Oath Letter to arrive.

From Nikko's timeline takes about 2 months from Interview date to Oath Date.

6/9/6 - Mailed App
7/8/6 - FP
11/28 - Interview , Passed
Oath ---- ????

Goodluck to everybody.

My Timeline

I wanted to include my N-400 application details, other socal applicants who have applied recently please publish your information to help track the progress of the applications.

N-400 App Mailing Date: 11/30/06
Received by CSC:12/04/06
Check cashed on: 12/06/06
Awaiting Receipt/Notice...

dinx said:
Finally, I had my interview on 11/28/06 and passed. Now just waiting for the Oath Letter to arrive.

From Nikko's timeline takes about 2 months from Interview date to Oath Date.

6/9/6 - Mailed App
7/8/6 - FP
11/28 - Interview , Passed
Oath ---- ????

Goodluck to everybody.

Congratulations

Any Idea? Please!!!! My N-400 Time Line In Los Angeles

Hi Every One
I Passed My Interview 8-23-06, And Checked By 2nd Officer And Passed In 9-8-06, I Went Via Info Pass To L.a. Uscis Center 5 Times
The Officers Said Every Things Are Clear , You Arein Line To Go To Oath, Not Any News Till Now, Even A Week Ago In Went There They Said You Are In Line For Oath, Lots Of Oath Came And Doen Every Body Done Im Still Stock. Any Idea Please????

Fbi And Fingerprint And .... All Cleared At 8-23-06