Los Angeles, CA - N-400 Timeline

My Timeline so far

#584, Sorry for late reply... Here is my timeline so far...

N400 Mailed Date: 3/2/06
Received Date: 3/8/06
Priority Date: 3/8/06
FP Date: 4/5/06
FBI Results Sent to USCIS: 4/5/06
Interview Notice Date: 5/25/06
Interview Date: 7/10/06

i'm a new member, but i have been going in to this forum for almost a year now.. anyway just want to share my timeline..

n400 sent: 02/14/06
PD : 02/15/06
FP : 03/28/06
Interview : 06/13/06 (at Santa Ana)
Oath : 07/21/06 (at Pomona) yipeeee!! :)

mnsweeps - looks like we have the same time line (1-2 weeks give and take). let me know when you receive your Interview letter, hopefully mine will follow after yours. How often do they update the processing dates?

anybody here who had their FP in Riverside?

FP Date - 7/8/06 (at Riverside)

Last edited by a moderator:
cross post from lawsuit thread; Los Angeles 1447b case

hello forum,

Yesterday assistant US attny called me informing that The Service is ready to adjudicate my case and in order for them to do it my lawsuit needs to be dismissed. I signed the paperwork yesterday stipulating that upon dismissal of the case CIS will adjudicate the petition within 7 days and sent it to US Attny's office. Today I received oath letter for Aug.18. I am in Central District of California.

My timeline (approximate):

6/10/05 - N400
8/5/05 - FP
10/20/05 - Interview
3 Infopass appointments in Dec, Feb, March
6/13/06 - 1447b complaint filed
7/27/06 - case dismissed
7/27/06 - oath letter received for Aug.18 in Pomona

This forum has been of incredible help and inspiration. I wish good luck to everybody here who is struggling with the CIS inefficiency and bureaucracy. In the end you will prevail, do not loose hope!!!
I would like to thank all of those who were before and after me, giving advice, answering questions, instilling hope and just making jokes to keep our spirits up, and making this thread the best resource on the net on how to win this battle.

Interview letters received today..

Wife is scheduled for 9/26 and I am scheduled for 9/27 at El Monte. Both the envelopes has "REJECTS 5/6" handwritten at the back..what the hell does that mean? I initially thought it means FP rejects but luckily it was not :D

AKMAGO said:
did your case status disappear online. if so when

None of our cases disappeared online nor was there any update to date. The date still shows 6/20 ( when the FP was send )

Received Oath Letter

I received oath letter for the ceremony scheduled on Aug 18 at Pomona.

Could you please suggest what are the documents that I should carry for the ceremony.

Also do I need to fill the questions at the back of the letter during the ceremony or on the day before the ceremony.

What kind of attire is required for the ceremony?

Do I need to carry any passport size photographs for the ceremony.

Please let me know.

kulam said:
I received oath letter for the ceremony scheduled on Aug 18 at Pomona.

Could you please suggest what are the documents that I should carry for the ceremony.

Also do I need to fill the questions at the back of the letter during the ceremony or on the day before the ceremony.

What kind of attire is required for the ceremony?

Do I need to carry any passport size photographs for the ceremony.

Please let me know.

I see you did your interview on july 10 at El Monte. I know a couple of folks and read some on boards that the folks at El Monte give oath letters after successful interview. I am wondering why you didnt get it. Did the officer say your background check from FBI hasnt come back or what?

mnsweeps, Officer told that my case is approved and FBI name chack is cleared after the interview. I submitted the name change details during the interview and may be that is the reason I did not get the oath letter at that time itself.

kulam said:
mnsweeps, Officer told that my case is approved and FBI name chack is cleared after the interview. I submitted the name change details during the interview and may be that is the reason I did not get the oath letter at that time itself.

Ok thanks Kulam..maybe your name change was the reason for oath delay. But can you confirm that if you pass interview and FBI name check then El Monte office gives the oath letter immediately ?

I am done!

Today I became an American citizen!
I had an oath ceremony in Pomona Fairplex with 3000 other people and their guests. The whole ceremony was very well organized and went smoothly and effeciently. I was out of Fairgrounds by 11 am.

My signature has my approximate timeline.

I wanted to thank all the people in this forum who shared their experiences and information.

Good luck to everyone!!!

New

I ve been browsing these blogs for about a year now, this is my forst time posting.

First of all I want to cangrat all of you who are throyght with this name check s hole.
I just want to share with you all my experience.

N400 mailed 11-2004
FP 12/2004
Interview 03-21-2005 ( Passed the interview but still pending name check)
Contacted Congressman's office : 03-2006
Oath ceremony : :confused:

and still waiting as of today

Any suggestions??

It's gonna be 2 months on Sept 8 after my fingerprinting and still waiting for the Interview letter.

Anybody in CA- Santa Ana DO still waiting for their Interview letter.

Let me know!

Thanks,
Dinx

santa ana Do

dinx said:
It's gonna be 2 months on Sept 8 after my fingerprinting and still waiting for the Interview letter.

Anybody in CA- Santa Ana DO still waiting for their Interview letter.

Let me know!

Thanks,
Dinx

dinx hi, i have recieved interview letter within two months after my fingerprinting.
i am also santa ana Do .i have my interview next week

Goodluck wannabee2! You'll pass it.

Did you apply by the 3 yr or 5 yr rule? I am in Riverside County, how bout you? Wonder if it has anything to do with the County?

Where did you get your FP done?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
My timeline and experience

Just finished my interview today at the El Monte USCIS center. It was scheduled at 1:30pm, left my apt at 12 noon, reached El Monte at 12:30pm. I managed to cover 25 miles in about 25 minutes, not bad for LA.

I parked in their parking lot. Apparently its a flat rate of $5 but they didn't charge me anything when I left.

Was told to wait in the second floor waiting area. I was called for the interview at 2:45pm, approximately 2 hrs after I reached there and 1 hr after my scheduled interview time. I got a great interviewing officer. He was joking all the time. Even forgot to give me the civics test and remembered only when he had to put a tick mark on his checklist. The interview questions were a standard list of 10 questions. He did not ask me for any document except driver license, green card and passport.

After the interview was told to wait on the first floor. There I noticed that most of the people who were waiting upstairs (when I reached at 12:30) were now waiting downstairs. There was no real point of finishing the interview early since they had to wait downstairs for the oath appt letter. Finally received the oath appt letter at 3:30pm. The oath ceremony is on Sep 22 at the LA downtown convention center.

-------------------------------------------------
My timeline
04-26-06: Mailed Application
04-27-06: Application reached Laguna Niguel office
05-02-06: Check cleared (PD May 01, 2006)
05-25-06: FP at Van Nuys
07-28-06: Interview notice: Sep 6, 2006
09-06-06: Interview at El Monte
09-22-06: Oath Ceremony at Downtown LA