Los Angeles, CA - N-400 Timeline

Good morning!
All, I just wanted to let you know that I finally received my letter for the interview last friday. So here is my timeline so far:

CS: California
DO: Los Angeles
Application sent to: Laguna Niguel
Application Sent on 02/17/06 (USPS certified/rr)
RD: 02/24/06
PD: 02/24/06
Check cashed: 03/06/06
ND: 03/08/06
NR: 03/09/06
FP: 03/31/06 @ 3:00p.m. Riverside(on Magnolia Ave.)application support center.
FP Results: Sent back same day to CSC
ND: 04/19/09
NR: 04/21/06
ID: 06/02/06 @ 11:35a.m. San Bernardino Sub Office

So, now I have to study really hard for the test.

lahoritamia

Last edited by a moderator:
Documents required for Interview

Hi all, I have my interview coming up on 3rd May. I know some people have posted what they took for the interview. Can someone please tell me what all documents are required apart from those listed on the notice? Should I request for a DMV report? What else? Please help ! Thank you.

JoeF said:
Thanks guys.
Any news on your case, Mr. LA?

hello JoeF,

No nothing yet, my 120 days will end on May 9, I have done:

1- 2 inforpass. "Background clearance pending"
2- Letter to FBI, FIOPA, with NO record.
3- Letter to my congresswoman. "Still waiting for her answer"

And I am still waiting, I hope to get something from them soon, otherwise I am going to court :)

interview at El Monte

I will have interview at Al Monte office in the end of June. Could you share some experience with the interviewing officers there, with the location, building, wtc.

Interview completed at El monte

I had my interview yesterday (5/3/06) at El Monte. Here are some of my experiences and observations for what it is worth...
1. There is parking available inside the building for $8.00 (actually, $1.00 for every 30 mins up to a max of $8.00). There is also road side parking available for free - but I think unless your interview is first thing in the morning, the road side parking is full. My interview was at 1pm and I arrived at 12:15p - the roadside was absolutely full, so I parked inside.
2. When we enter the building, the security officer will ask for the green card and interview letter, make us pass through a metal detector and ask us to sit in the RED chair.
3. I had to wait 10 mins and then another security officer will call "everybody in the red chair" to follow him to the elevator. We will be taken to the 2nd floor.
4. Here, before entering the lobby, we have to give the interview letter to another security officer. I think they use this to pull our file and keep it ready for the interviewing USCIS officer.
5. When I came into this lobby at around 12:30p, I found people with interview times of 10am onwards still waiting to be called !!!
5. My turn came at 2:15pm. Each USCIS officer will pick one file and call out the name. Some officers greet the person and take them to thier office for the interview. Others simply wait for the person to come up and walk away leaving the person to follow.
6. My office was cordial - he said "how are you, please follow me" and I did. We went into his office and he started by making me swear to tell the truth. "Do you swear to tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth". I had to raise my right hand and say "Yes, I do".
7. He then went over my N-400 application - every question. He asked me to answer some from the application too, like "are you married, Do you want to change your name, have you been convicted of any crime, etc". All these answers I gave exactly as I had answered in the form.
8. After that, he printed out a page of civics questions and ask me about 10. All of them were from the standard list of 100 questions, so I had no problem answering.
9. Then, he handed me a paper with one English sentence written. He asked me to read it. Ofcourse I did with no problems . It was something like this "We work very hard on our job"
10. He dictated a sentence for me to write "The White house has a big tree". As soon as I wrote it, he actually took the paper from me to verify. He then made me sign the sheet and handed me the congragulations letter.
11. He asked me to go back to 1st floor and wait in the BLUE chair.
12. After about 30mins, I was handed the oath letter for the oath ceremony on 19th May 2006 and I came home happy.

My spouse also interviewed on the same day - about an hour after me and that was much quicker. The interview lasted 10 mins and the questions were very comtemporary - like who is the president today, who is the vice-president, who is the governor, what is the capital of US, what is the capital of California and the interviewer did not print out the questions to ask. My spouse had to write one english sentence but not read any.

Overall a pretty smooth process. We will be US citizens in 2 weeks time !

Thank you everyone on this forum for all the immensely detailed and helpful information.
Good luck to all those that are waiting for their process.

I will have interview at El Monte on June 26. Do you think I have chances for the oath ceremony on June 30? I work out of LA and I need to book my tickets in advance...

Thanks,
Stoil

stoil2 said:
I will have interview at El Monte on June 26. Do you think I have chances for the oath ceremony on June 30? I work out of LA and I need to book my tickets in advance...

Thanks,
Stoil

Hello Stoil,

It’s all up to the namecheck, if you are clear, why not, if you are not clear, join the club.. I just wish you are clear and NOT to go though what are we going through.

My advice you read here more ... http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=197782

I wish you the best…..

But even if I am clear maybe the oath date will be already booked if it is just 4 days after the interview? If you are cleared do you get the first oath date after interview even if it is only 4 days away? Do you usualy get oath letter at the interview?

Thanks,
Stoil

Mr LA said:
Hello Stoil,

It’s all up to the namecheck, if you are clear, why not, if you are not clear, join the club.. I just wish you are clear and NOT to go though what are we going through.

My advice you read here more ... http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=197782

I wish you the best…..

Mailed N-400 for wife and myself - June 1 from LA to Laguna Niguel office ,certified mail with return receipt. The RR shows it was accepted yesterday ( jun 7 ).

Completed my Interview today

Completed my Interview Today @ Santa Ana DO.
My interview was scheduled @ 11:00 AM, I reached the Office @ 10:00 AM.
I was called in @ 11:10 AM. Before I was offered a seat, the officer made me take an oath. I was then offered a seat. He requested my GC and DL. The officer then went through the application form, pretty much every part of the form. He even verified that I knew my SSN, Wife's Name/DOB and My Son's Name ande DOB.

During the process of verification, the officer gave me a sheet of paper with 10 questions. Let me see if I can remember the questions:

1. Who is the governor of your state.
2. Who is the VP of USA.
3. What is emancipation Proclamation.
4. When is the President Inaugurated.
5. What is the most important right as a citizen of US.
6. What is change to constitution called.
7. What is the function of congress.
8. Where does the congress meet.
I cant remember questions 9 and 10.

Then I was requested to write the sentence "I want to become a Citizen of United States".

After I completed these questions, I was asked to fill out OATH Information form. This in this form was Name, DOB, Address and Phone.

That was pretty much it. The officer then said "Congratulations, your case has been approved". At this point I asked the officer, if there is name/background check pending. The officer mentioned "Everything is complete". He mentioned that I will receive my Oath Letter in 90 days. He also gave me N652 form. The following items where checked on this form:
1. You passed the tests of English and US History and Government.
2. Congratulations, Your Application has been recommended for approval.

Thank to everybody in this forum. I received a lot of valuable information here.

I will update you guys as soon as I receive my Oath Letter.

Lalihari or anyone else out there,

How do you find out if FBI has sent the Fingerprinting checks back to USCIS?

Thank you!

Sorry - found the information in the FAQs :eek:

Completed interview in El Monte

I completed my interview at El Monte on June 26. It was very quick and smooth process. My interview was ar 9 am, and I arrived at 8.30. Not many people waiting, and by 9 am I was called by the adjunication officer. He was cordial. The interview itself was only 3-4 minutes - the officer went over the application quickly, noted my last trip out of the country after submitting the application, asked me few history question - who is president now, who was the first president, who is governor of california, etc., asked me to write "I love my family", asked me if I support the constitution of the US, and congratulate me on passing the interview. He handed me congratulation letter, and told me that by one week I will receive oath ceremony letter.
I am very happy. God bless America, this is the best country in the world!
Thank you all in the forum for the help.

Lalihari said:
Completed my Interview Today @ Santa Ana DO.
My interview was scheduled @ 11:00 AM, I reached the Office @ 10:00 AM.
I was called in @ 11:10 AM. Before I was offered a seat, the officer made me take an oath. I was then offered a seat. He requested my GC and DL. The officer then went through the application form, pretty much every part of the form. He even verified that I knew my SSN, Wife's Name/DOB and My Son's Name ande DOB.

During the process of verification, the officer gave me a sheet of paper with 10 questions. Let me see if I can remember the questions:

1. Who is the governor of your state.
2. Who is the VP of USA.
3. What is emancipation Proclamation.
4. When is the President Inaugurated.
5. What is the most important right as a citizen of US.
6. What is change to constitution called.
7. What is the function of congress.
8. Where does the congress meet.
I cant remember questions 9 and 10.

Then I was requested to write the sentence "I want to become a Citizen of United States".

After I completed these questions, I was asked to fill out OATH Information form. This in this form was Name, DOB, Address and Phone.

That was pretty much it. The officer then said "Congratulations, your case has been approved". At this point I asked the officer, if there is name/background check pending. The officer mentioned "Everything is complete". He mentioned that I will receive my Oath Letter in 90 days. He also gave me N652 form. The following items where checked on this form:
1. You passed the tests of English and US History and Government.
2. Congratulations, Your Application has been recommended for approval.

Thank to everybody in this forum. I received a lot of valuable information here.

I will update you guys as soon as I receive my Oath Letter.

Call 304-625-2000 (FBI Fingerprint status). Have your A# ready. You need it to check the status of your fingerprint.

jcheng33 said:
Lalihari or anyone else out there,

How do you find out if FBI has sent the Fingerprinting checks back to USCIS?

Thank you!

Sorry - found the information in the FAQs :eek: