Los Angeles, CA - N-400 Timeline

SyedNaqvi said:
Hi Mr LA,
I gave my interview on october 24 and I also got the same letter mentioning that No further action required from my side but it also says G325 PENDING. is your letter also saying something like this?

My Timeline
PD 06/11/2005
FP 07/26/2005
Int 10/24/2005 El Monte

Hello SyedNaqvi,

My does not say G325 PENDING, only that I have past the English test...just background check .... so i will wait and see

Mr LA said:
Hello SyedNaqvi,

My does not say G325 PENDING, only that I have past the English test...just background check .... so i will wait and see

infopass..infopass.. infopass!

FP notice received

I got my FP notice on 14th Jan; appointment is on 26th Jan at 3pm. I want to know if I should wait until 26th Jan or could I go earlier than that? Will they do the FP if I go earlier? Any experiences? Thank you..

LR2005 said:
I got my FP notice on 14th Jan; appointment is on 26th Jan at 3pm. I want to know if I should wait until 26th Jan or could I go earlier than that? Will they do the FP if I go earlier? Any experiences? Thank you..

You need to go on the time that USCIS scheduled you. Goodluck

LR2005 said:

Some ASC would let you take the FP sooner and some don't. Why don't you go to the ASC first thing in the morning and you can try your luck? the worst case is you would just have to go on the date you are scheduled.

i would suggest you to go to ASC in the morning during the mid-week.

if you go in the morning, chances are high you will not be let to take fingerprints. that's what happened to me - went early before opening, 100 people were in line, only appointments were being fingerprinted because they were busy. however, if you go in the afternoon, or even on Saturday (some ACS are open Sat, closed Mon) you will have a better chance of getting early FPs done. My ASC was Fairfax ASC, and the guard there is a mean SOB still refused me do it earlier because they were "busy" that Saturday. There were like 5 people waiting in the hall. Five. still could not get it done. :)
Good luck. still worth trying but don't sweat it - i don't think it will speed up your interview.

dks35 said:
if you go in the morning, chances are high you will not be let to take fingerprints. that's what happened to me - went early before opening, 100 people were in line, only appointments were being fingerprinted because they were busy. however, if you go in the afternoon, or even on Saturday (some ACS are open Sat, closed Mon) you will have a better chance of getting early FPs done. My ASC was Fairfax ASC, and the guard there is a mean SOB still refused me do it earlier because they were "busy" that Saturday. There were like 5 people waiting in the hall. Five. still could not get it done. :)
Good luck. still worth trying but don't sweat it - i don't think it will speed up your interview.

today is Thur and 1/26 is just a week from yesterday. I am not sure if it is a big different to get it done sooner, unless the OP knows him/herself not going to make it to the scheduled appointment date.

Last edited by a moderator:
good point, ocworker! just go on your scheduled time and you won't waste your time trying to get it done earlier as I did (but I finally had to re-schedule my vacation!!!).
anyway, good luck to you!

interview date

I got my interview date on march 30 at phoenix, az. I got the interview latter by mail on jan 10. Is there any way i can move this to an earlier date? Did anybody able to move interview date to an earlier date, due to some kind of emergency, specially at phoenix DO?

here is my filing data -->
==================
1) N400 mailed: 10/4/2005
2) N400 received by CSC: 10/5/2005
3) FP done at ASC : 11/15/2005
4) Interview notice received : 01/10/2006
5) Interview date : 03/30/2006

strike7 said:
I got my interview date on march 30 at phoenix, az. I got the interview latter by mail on jan 10. Is there any way i can move this to an earlier date? Did anybody able to move interview date to an earlier date, due to some kind of emergency, specially at phoenix DO?

==================
Theres only one way to find out , on your interview letter theres an address , write to them giving a details explenation on what the emergency is , make sure you include a copy of your interview letter then wait for an replay

My personal opinion its wont happend earlier but they can accomodate you at a *later* date
Good luck

strike7 said:

==================

well.. if it is emergency, it would be happened sooner than 03/30, right?

you can try to reschedule a later day. however, i do not think they would schedule an earlier day at all.

dks35 said:
good point, ocworker! just go on your scheduled time and you won't waste your time trying to get it done earlier as I did (but I finally had to re-schedule my vacation!!!).
anyway, good luck to you!

thanks.. but i am done with my citizenship process. I am going to get my gf coming to US. At least, my immigration process is done. it is another new chapter.

Interview completed - Santa Ana

Finally cleared my interview & joined the Oath queue.

Here is relevant info...

Went to Santa Ana center this week for an interview. Went 30 minutes ahead of the appointment, cell phones with camera are not allowed. As I knew it already from this thread, it was not a surprise.

I took only bare bones documents with me. I took
a) GC
b) Driver's license
c) Passports (old, current)
d) Interview letter.

That's it. Nothing more.

Interviewing officer went through my entire N-400 application & cross checked piles of paper that she had in file. She did not ask me any questions that were not in N-400. But she kept checking the entire file several times.

Scored 10/10 in the interview questions, I guess you could make upto 3 mistakes, but I am not sure about that. Had to write a sentense on a paper & read a sentense.

Then I got my congratulations letter. You are approved for citizenship. I double checked with the interviewing officer that background check is complete.

I was told that in 6 weeks, I will get the Oath letter (could be sooner).

Interviewing officer & the whole staff at Santa Ana are excellent & very helpful. Service was better than my local bank's. Can not ask for anything more.

The whole process lasted 2 hours. Spent 30 minutes with the officer. Everybody spent around 30 minutes.

One thing that I did not understand was that some people who arrived ahead of me were not called before me. Similarily people who came after me were seen by the interviewing officer before me.

Here is the update ...
============
N-400 mailed - 7/27/05
N-400 received - 7/28/05
Priority Date - 7/28/05
Notice Date - 8/9/05
Finger Print Notice Date - 8/12/05
Finger Print Date - 8/26/05
App status changed to unavailable: 11/18/05
Interview notice received: 11/18/05
Interview date: 01/20/2006
N-652 (congratulations letter) received: 01/20/2006
Oath letter recieved: ??

ladude said:

Here is relevant info...

Went to Santa Ana center this week for an interview. Went 30 minutes ahead of the appointment, cell phones with camera are not allowed. As I knew it already from this thread, it was not a surprise.

a) GC
b) Driver's license
d) Interview letter.

That's it. Nothing more.

Interviewing officer went through my entire N-400 application & cross checked piles of paper that she had in file. She did not ask me any questions that were not in N-400. But she kept checking the entire file several times.

Scored 10/10 in the interview questions, I guess you could make upto 3 mistakes, but I am not sure about that. Had to write a sentense on a paper & read a sentense.

Then I got my congratulations letter. You are approved for citizenship. I double checked with the interviewing officer that background check is complete.

Interviewing officer & the whole staff at Santa Ana are excellent & very helpful. Service was better than my local bank's. Can not ask for anything more.

The whole process lasted 2 hours. Spent 30 minutes with the officer. Everybody spent around 30 minutes.

One thing that I did not understand was that some people who arrived ahead of me were not called before me. Similarily people who came after me were seen by the interviewing officer before me.

Here is the update ...
============
N-400 mailed - 7/27/05
N-400 received - 7/28/05
Priority Date - 7/28/05
Notice Date - 8/9/05
LADude,
Congrats ! I am in the same boat as you. Completed interview at Santa Anna on 1/11/06 and waiting for the oath letter. Will update when I get something.

PD - 7/13/05
FP - 8/10/05
ID - 1/11/06
Oath - waiting

ladude said:

Here is relevant info...

a) GC
b) Driver's license
d) Interview letter.

That's it. Nothing more.

Here is the update ...
============
N-400 mailed - 7/27/05
N-400 received - 7/28/05
Priority Date - 7/28/05
Notice Date - 8/9/05

just curious, why the App status will change to unavailable ?

Why app status changes to unavailable

Pacman72,

I was told that USCIS transfers the file to the local office after the interview letter is sent (so USCIS system will not keep track any more).

I could be wrong.

This forum helped us a lot during our citizenship Process. Thanks to everyone for their posts and efforts!

Here is our US Citizenship Timeline :
==================
1) N400 mailed: 09/12/2005
2) FP Notice received: 9/27/2005
3) FP done at ASC : 10/13/2005
4) Interview notice received : 12/18/2005
5) Interview date : 01/25/2006

Our interview was at El Monte and lasted for 15 mins.

CA Driver's license, Green Card, Passports and Interview Notice were the documents that were required.

The Officer asked 10 questions from the INS Published list of 100 questions.

The officer gave the "Congratulations" letter and mentioned that most likely our Oath ceremony would be on March 3rd.

Good luck to everyone and Thanks again.

question about interview

do they take your green card during interview? or do they take it back after oath?

Finally Citizen said:
This forum helped us a lot during our citizenship Process. Thanks to everyone for their posts and efforts!

Here is our US Citizenship Timeline :
==================
1) N400 mailed: 09/12/2005
2) FP Notice received: 9/27/2005
3) FP done at ASC : 10/13/2005
4) Interview notice received : 12/18/2005
5) Interview date : 01/25/2006

Our interview was at El Monte and lasted for 15 mins.

CA Driver's license, Green Card, Passports and Interview Notice were the documents that were required.

The Officer asked 10 questions from the INS Published list of 100 questions.

The officer gave the "Congratulations" letter and mentioned that most likely our Oath ceremony would be on March 3rd.

Good luck to everyone and Thanks again.

Recommendation for Attorney in LA area

I am thinking about applying for N400 through an attorney. Could you please advise good and economical attorney in LA county (Los Angeles/Glendale/Pasadena/Arcadia/Alhambra/Monrovia/Burbank and nearby areas) for this purpose.

Thanks!