Los Angeles, CA - N-400 Timeline

to LR2005

check cashed Dec 29? 2 weeks from that date is Jan 11 - you still got time. Do not worry. My application was received June 8 (?) and I got the receipt in 2.5 weeks.
This time we had New Year's - who knows what their schedule was, maybe it was super busy at INS? :) You should get it by next week.
good luck

Oath Letter

Here is the update of my timeline. I got my oath ceremony appointment this weekend.

Date N400 sent: August 25th
INS Recieved: August 26th
Priority Date: August 28th
FP Notice: September 7th
FP Date: September 22nd
Interview Notice: October 11th
Interview Date: December 21st
Oath Date: February 3rd, 2006 :)

Oath Letter arrived and Thank You all

Hi all - my oath letter arrives today and it is on 02/03/2006 1:00pm @ LA Convention Center.

Here I would like to thank you all for your valuable information and help. I don't know what else I can say... It seems that my journey to become an American is coming to an end, yet it is just the beginning of another milestone...

Thank you again,
-fchan100-

fchan100 said:
Hi all - my oath letter arrives today and it is on 02/03/2006 1:00pm @ LA Convention Center.

Here I would like to thank you all for your valuable information and help. I don't know what else I can say... It seems that my journey to become an American is coming to an end, yet it is just the beginning of another milestone...

Thank you again,
-fchan100-

can you recap your timeline for us?

isn't it going to be a good gift for the chinese new year? :)

To ocworker

Hi ocworker -

My timelime is in my signature section. Overall speaking, the whole journey takes me 6 months (exactly 6 months :))...

Yeah, it is nice to have such gift around the Chinese New Year...

Take care, and wish your journey to bring you spouse-to-be here will be another smooth one.

-fchan100-

Last edited by a moderator:
fchan100 said:
Hi ocworker -

My timelime is in my signature section. Overall speaking, the whole journey takes me 6 months (exactly 6 months :))...

Yeah, it is nice to have such gift around the Chinese New Year...

Take care, and wish your journey to bring you spouse-to-be here will be another smooth one.

-fchan100-

i think you turn the signature feature off. but anyhow, good to see you are getting it over. yea.. i need to get my spouse-to-be here soon. lot of planning man.. ... kind of stressed and frustrated too.
i found out taiwan does not do Consular processing if i am not a resident there, nor live in there.

Oath taking arrived

My Timeline:
USCIS Santa Ana

05/10/05: Sent N400 Application
05/23/05: Checks Cleared
05/27/05: Receipt Notice Received in Mail
05/31/05: Fingerprint Notice Received in Mail
06/21/05: Fingerprint Appointment
09/16/05: Interview Appointment Received in Mail
11/28/05: Interview Appointment
01/9/06: Oath Taking Appointment Received in Mail
02/03/06: Oath Taking Appointment at LA Convention Center @ 1pm

On the time of my interview on 11/28/2005, my interview lasted only 5 minutes or less, Officer told me to sit down and handed me over a paper and told me to read and answer the 10 questions, I answered them 100% correctly and said nothing, after that he scan my paper and ask me if i am married i said yes officer. Officer ask me when i was married and how long i was married. I answered, He asked me how old is my kid. I answered, Since my wife and kid are in abroad he asked me to provide any 6 evidence that i financially supported my kid and wife and he told me that if i gave him the proof, he will approved my application. Officer probably thinking that i entered into a fixed marriage thats what i am assuming on his mind. he handed me over the interview results, the results check on you passed the test english and US history and government and below there is a check on Congratulations, Your application has been recommended for approval. He let me sign my picture and instructed me to write down Today is a beautiful today and sign the application. Officer told me that i need to provide those evidence and he will keep my application until he received it and showed me the door going out. I rush back to the house, Cancelled all my appointment to look for evidence that day, My house is totally screwed for finding a evidence which i have, the bad thing is i got only 1 evidence which is the recent one, i need more 5, i called my wife abroad and look for a receipt that i sent them money monthly. My wife found 1 receipt dated 2002, 5 receipt dated 2005 i told her to mail it 2 days. I called Officer and told him i found total 6 more evidence and i told him that it will probably arrived at thursday or friday. Officer told me thats fine. Dec 1 the documents arrived, called the officer, officer told me to come to his office, waited 2 hrs by myself on the lobby, cause he was on break at that time. After i showed him the evidence that i financially supported him. He told me that he approved my application and will receive a letter for oath taking. Went home very happy. Officer is very patient, and totally understand that he was just doing his job. The officer ask me those evidence because I arrived here in US on 1991, using also a reentry permit which i can stay abroad for two years, when i was 19 i got already a kid, me and my wife having a live-in until 2000 abroad, I married her when i finally decided to come and stay here in US. After my oath taking i will petition my wife and kid. God Bless America. And Goodluck to others who didn't receive their appointment yet.

Oath Ceremony

I am glad to hear that we are all going to have the oath ceremony the same day and at the same venue. Mine is at 8 am. I am very happy to hear that we have all come to the final stage of realizing our American dream :) . My next plan of action is to file for my mother and 2 sisters. Lest I forget, I sincerely wish to thank each and everyone of you for sharing your view,opinion and some information with regard to the citizenship application and interview. Your insight is of immense value to anyone who is looking forward to realizing the American dream of being an American citizens. I wonder how the interview would have been without the help of each and everyone of you. Thanks a billion for your insights. :)

Please I was wondering if anybody know what goes on at the oath ceremony. Some say that the process takes about 2 - 3 hours while some say more than that. Please do anyone know the process.

Thanks.

fchan100's timeline

Just to recruit my timeline, as somehow ocworker indicates that my signature is turned off but I could not figure out why:

District Office - Los Angeles
Service Center - CSC

N-400 mailed - 08/03/2005
N-400 received - 08/04/2005
Check cashed - 08/11/2005
Priority Date - 08/04/2005
Notice Date - 08/12/2005
Finger Print Notice Date - 08/23/2005
Finger Print Date - 09/30/2005
Interview Notice Date - 10/11/2005
Interview Date - 12/16/2005 @ El Monte, CA
Oath Letter Notice Date - 01/04/2006
Oath Date - 02/03/2006 1:00pm @ LA Convention Center, Los Angeles, CA

JunCel said:
My Timeline:
USCIS Santa Ana

On the time of my interview on 11/28/2005, my interview lasted only 5 minutes or less, Officer told me to sit down and handed me over a paper and told me to read and answer the 10 questions, I answered them 100% correctly and said nothing, after that he scan my paper and ask me if i am married i said yes officer. Officer ask me when i was married and how long i was married. I answered, He asked me how old is my kid. I answered, Since my wife and kid are in abroad he asked me to provide any 6 evidence that i financially supported my kid and wife and he told me that if i gave him the proof, he will approved my application. Officer probably thinking that i entered into a fixed marriage thats what i am assuming on his mind. he handed me over the interview results, the results check on you passed the test english and US history and government and below there is a check on Congratulations, Your application has been recommended for approval. He let me sign my picture and instructed me to write down Today is a beautiful today and sign the application. Officer told me that i need to provide those evidence and he will keep my application until he received it and showed me the door going out. I rush back to the house, Cancelled all my appointment to look for evidence that day, My house is totally screwed for finding a evidence which i have, the bad thing is i got only 1 evidence which is the recent one, i need more 5, i called my wife abroad and look for a receipt that i sent them money monthly. My wife found 1 receipt dated 2002, 5 receipt dated 2005 i told her to mail it 2 days. I called Officer and told him i found total 6 more evidence and i told him that it will probably arrived at thursday or friday. Officer told me thats fine. Dec 1 the documents arrived, called the officer, officer told me to come to his office, waited 2 hrs by myself on the lobby, cause he was on break at that time. After i showed him the evidence that i financially supported him. He told me that he approved my application and will receive a letter for oath taking. Went home very happy. Officer is very patient, and totally understand that he was just doing his job. The officer ask me those evidence because I arrived here in US on 1991, using also a reentry permit which i can stay abroad for two years, when i was 19 i got already a kid, me and my wife having a live-in until 2000 abroad, I married her when i finally decided to come and stay here in US. After my oath taking i will petition my wife and kid. God Bless America. And Goodluck to others who didn't receive their appointment yet.
JunCel,
congratulations!
Would you please tell me how did you get your interviewing officer phone number?

Thanks
sony

Wolfpac said:
I am glad to hear that we are all going to have the oath ceremony the same day and at the same venue. Mine is at 8 am. I am very happy to hear that we have all come to the final stage of realizing our American dream :) . My next plan of action is to file for my mother and 2 sisters. Lest I forget, I sincerely wish to thank each and everyone of you for sharing your view,opinion and some information with regard to the citizenship application and interview. Your insight is of immense value to anyone who is looking forward to realizing the American dream of being an American citizens. I wonder how the interview would have been without the help of each and everyone of you. Thanks a billion for your insights. :)

Please I was wondering if anybody know what goes on at the oath ceremony. Some say that the process takes about 2 - 3 hours while some say more than that. Please do anyone know the process.

Thanks.

i think the oath you are going to is a big one. might contain 3000+ people thou. it does take time to line up, get in, and get out. the oath i went to was only for 9xx people. it was a small one but it took 2 hrs to do that.

have fun.. and best wishes

JunCel said:
My Timeline:
USCIS Santa Ana

Congrat! i am surprised the officer would need to ask the evidence to show you supported your wife and kids. however, i would expect that from the other way around thou (such as your wife applies for citizenship and saying you support her..etc etc)

anyway... congrat!

sony55 said:
JunCel,
congratulations!
Would you please tell me how did you get your interviewing officer phone number?

Thanks
sony

Sony, the immigration officer freely gave me his number at the time of my interview since he gave me until afternoon to look for the evidence he need and he also knows that i may not able to provide those 6 proof of documents, he told me that i need to call him if i may or not able to provide those documents at that time. it took me 4 days to provide those documents that he needs.

JunCel

interview experience

ocworker said:
when is your interview? today or something this week? i kind of remember your interview is falling into the last week of Dec.

My interview experience at Santa Anna office:

My appointment was at 11 and i was there at 10:30 am, I got called at 11:40, a female officer led me to her office, and she made a copy of my DL and GC before we got to her office. She went through my application, she did some marks, then she gave me a paper his 10 questions, I answer all of them right, then she ask me to write, “ My car doesn’t work” I did that and she said you passed the English test. After that she asks me for bills his my spouse and my name on it, I gave her what I have. Shy handed me a form it say:

She marked ok in read / speak / understand English / knowledge of US history and government .Oks

No future action on your part is required at this time. Upon receipt of the below checked boxes, your application can be acted up on:

[Checked] Other: Background clearance

so now I just have to wait like others for Background clearance. I thank you all for your help

Mr LA said:
My interview experience at Santa Anna office:

My appointment was at 11 and i was there at 10:30 am, I got called at 11:40, a female officer led me to her office, and she made a copy of my DL and GC before we got to her office. She went through my application, she did some marks, then she gave me a paper his 10 questions, I answer all of them right, then she ask me to write, “ My car doesn’t work” I did that and she said you passed the English test. After that she asks me for bills his my spouse and my name on it, I gave her what I have. Shy handed me a form it say:

She marked ok in read / speak / understand English / knowledge of US history and government .Oks

No future action on your part is required at this time. Upon receipt of the below checked boxes, your application can be acted up on:

[Checked] Other: Background clearance

so now I just have to wait like others for Background clearance. I thank you all for your help

you are the 2nd person whom i know got the "background clearance" checked from SNA office.

Did you ask it was the FBI background clearance check / name check or not?

I asked, and the interview office told me "No, it is nothing to do with FBI. It is the USCIS thing". I hope your background clearance is not related with the FBI name check. If it is the USCIS background check, it would be faster (compares to the FBI name check).

I was in the same boat before.

ocworker said:
you are the 2nd person whom i know got the "background clearance" checked from SNA office.

Did you ask it was the FBI background clearance check / name check or not?

I asked, and the interview office told me "No, it is nothing to do with FBI. It is the USCIS thing". I hope your background clearance is not related with the FBI name check. If it is the USCIS background check, it would be faster (compares to the FBI name check).

I was in the same boat before.

Ocworker,

She told “ we are at homeland security conduct background check yours not done yet”, all the questions in my mind I forgot to ask. Look my friend, I will wait for the 120 days to be done, if I receive something from them, luck them, and me if not I am going to court I will NOT wait. She was young lady by the way. I just wished if I asked her when do they start the background check and the name check. Maybe someone knows an answer for me.

Thank you for caring my friend, that is so kind of you.

Mr LA said:
Ocworker,

She told “ we are at homeland security conduct background check yours not done yet”, all the questions in my mind I forgot to ask. Look my friend, I will wait for the 120 days to be done, if I receive something from them, luck them, and me if not I am going to court I will NOT wait. She was young lady by the way. I just wished if I asked her when do they start the background check and the name check. Maybe someone knows an answer for me.

Thank you for caring my friend, that is so kind of you.

i think you are on the same situation as what i had. that is something IBIC (whatever it is) background check.

I was waiting for my 120 days to come up. However, i got the oath letter by around 60 days waiting.

i would suggest you to schedule an infopass to check on your status in next month. ask if your FBI name check has been cleared.

it helped in my case because the infopass officer told me there had nothing to be pending (however, she told me there was the FP pending when i first asked her.. :rolleyes: ), she took a copy of the interview result, and got my phone number. She said she would make a request to the interview officer for a decision. about 3 weeks later, i received a email about the oath info (looked like a SPAM) and i received the letter in the same day when i get home.

good luck to your case.

ocworker said:
i think you are on the same situation as what i had. that is something IBIC (whatever it is) background check.

I was waiting for my 120 days to come up. However, i got the oath letter by around 60 days waiting.

i would suggest you to schedule an infopass to check on your status in next month. ask if your FBI name check has been cleared.

it helped in my case because the infopass officer told me there had nothing to be pending (however, she told me there was the FP pending when i first asked her.. :rolleyes: ), she took a copy of the interview result, and got my phone number. She said she would make a request to the interview officer for a decision. about 3 weeks later, i received a email about the oath info (looked like a SPAM) and i received the letter in the same day when i get home.

good luck to your case.

I sure will do that, see after the interview, I am open for anything. Next month, I will try to get infopass, and see what will happen. In mean while will keep reading in here to learn more and more … I thank you my friend :)

Mr LA said:
I sure will do that, see after the interview, I am open for anything. Next month, I will try to get infopass, and see what will happen. In mean while will keep reading in here to learn more and more … I thank you my friend :)

hehe.. if i were you, i would schedule an infopass for next month now. previously it was difficult for me to get a good schedule on infopass (i wanted the schedule appointment as the first thing in the morning. they open at 7:00am, and I want the appointment for no later than 7:15am. it is because i know i must not be able to talk to soemone till 7:30am for 7:00am appointment. plus, i still have to go back to work :( )

Mr LA said:
Hi Mr LA,
I gave my interview on october 24 and I also got the same letter mentioning that No further action required from my side but it also says G325 PENDING. is your letter also saying something like this?

My Timeline
PD 06/11/2005
FP 07/26/2005
Int 10/24/2005 El Monte