Los Angeles, CA - N-400 Timeline

pacific1 said:
Got my oath letter today....

Priority Date ............ Nov 2, 2004
Fingerprint Date ....... Feb 10, 2005
Interview Date.......... Apr 13, 2005 at El Monte
Oath Date................ May 26, 2005 at Pomona

if you don't mind me asking you the samething... What alphabet does your last name start with? Thanks!!

mai14cc said:
if you don't mind me asking you the samething... What alphabet does your last name start with? Thanks!!

It starts with an "N" . I hope that theory is correct. Thanks for posting your experience,

Pacific1, how about yours?

Mahesh

It got delivered today

Kind_SD said:
Anahit:
Any news/update on your daughter's passport that you planned to apply with expedite option.
Thanks!!
My daughter just called: she got her passport. So, with expedite service + two-way overnight delivery it took 8 days. I got worried this morning, and requested the status of her application on-line. Well, I don't have to wait for their response on this one, do I?

maheshgajanan said:
Thanks Pacific1
mai14cc, any news?
Anyone else receiving oath letters?

no...still waiting...i'm thinking it's not going to be here in time for the may ceremony.

Should I schedule an INfopass appt for my name check?

I took my FP on 4/27/05 in Santa Ana. Do you guys think I should schedule an info-pass appointment with Santa Ana DO to inquiry about my name check? does it worth to do that? because seem it will take at least half day to wait in the DO.

thanks in advance.

I got oath letter on May 12th 2005 for MAy 26th ceremony in Pomona.

DO - Los Angeles.

PD - 09/23/2004
FP - 01/12/2005
Interview - 04/05/2005
Oath - 05/26/2005

la_n400 said:
I got oath letter on May 12th 2005 for MAy 26th ceremony in Pomona.

DO - Los Angeles.

PD - 09/23/2004
FP - 01/12/2005
Interview - 04/05/2005
Oath - 05/26/2005

la_n400, if you don't mind, please tell us what alphabet your last name starts with? We're trying to see if this theory we have about USCIS processing oath letter alphabetically is correct. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
No FP notice after two months

Hi all,
I am new to this forum so please bear with me if I ask dumb questions.
I did send in my N-400 to the CA sevice center in Laguna Niguel and my PD is 03/18/2005. Other than the initial receipt, I have not received any other notices regarding the FP or otherwise. The online system does not show anything other than the fact that they have received it and it takes between 330-356 days to process this kind of applciation. I looked at some other peoples posting and it appears that most have been called in for the FP soon after their PD. Any suggestions/ comments would be appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
la_xyz said:
Hi all,
I did send in my N-400 to the CA sevice center in Laguna Niguel and my PD is 03/18/2005. Other than the initial receipt, I have not received any other notices regarding the FP or otherwise. The online system does not show anything other than the fact that they have received it and it takes between 330-356 days to process this kind of applciation. I looked at some other peoples posting and it appears that most have been called in for the FP soon after their PD. Any suggestions/ comments would be appreciated.

Thanks
Give it a little more time. You should receive it by the the end of May.

la_xyz said:
Hi all,

Thanks

my PD is 3/9/2005 and i received the FP notice around mid Apr for an appointment in 4/27/05. hope you can get your fp notice soon. however, are you in So CA? or where?

at least you can get your online status to show. online does not recongize my receipt number but i am not too worrying about it yet.

mai14cc said:
la_n400, if you don't mind, please tell us what alphabet your last name starts with? We're trying to see if this theory we have about USCIS processing oath letter alphabetically is correct. Thanks!

It starts from A

ocworker said:
my PD is 3/9/2005 and i received the FP notice around mid Apr for an appointment in 4/27/05. hope you can get your fp notice soon. however, are you in So CA? or where?

at least you can get your online status to show. online does not recongize my receipt number but i am not too worrying about it yet.

Thanks Anahit and ocworker for such a fast response. I am in SoCal, LA area. Why? Does it matter?

la_xyz said:
Thanks Anahit and ocworker for such a fast response. I am in SoCal, LA area. Why? Does it matter?

i am not too sure. i was just thinking it loud. i think the FP is scheduled by CSC rather than local office. if it is true, that means it shall not be matter which DO your case would be assoicated with.

Anahit said:
My daughter just called: she got her passport. So, with expedite service + two-way overnight delivery it took 8 days. I got worried this morning, and requested the status of her application on-line. Well, I don't have to wait for their response on this one, do I?
Thanks Anahit for the update. Yeah, one less this to worry abt :)

Oath Ceremony..

For guys that made it through the ceremony, can you please share with us how things are organized, and how every person gets his Naturalization certificate in the middle of 3500 people?
Thank you.
-a

starlight79 said:
PD: 12/20/04
FP: 3/10/05
Interview: 5/12/05
Oath:???

your case seem pretty fast. good luck in your oath letter notification.

btw, what were you told about your interview after it was done? did they tell you that your case was approved and recommented for naturalization? or else ?