Los Angeles, CA - N-400 Timeline

That's not true!!!!!!!

abdullah1 said:
The good advantage in applying at the ceremony is, you don't have to submit your original naturalization certificate, for your peace of mind cuz they already know you just became citizen. In all applications by mail, you should submit the original (I personally would be reluctant to do that!). I'm not sure wether they would ask to keep the original if you apply at the agency. Again, these are little details, but worth to check.
Abdul.
Not true!
Regardless of where you apply for your passport, you must send your naturalization certificate. I applied at the ceremony with thousands of others and we all sent our certificates along with the application.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone plan to apply expedite passport aftrt auth 4/29

Anyone from the batch of ppl who are taking auth this week plans to apply for expedite passport ? If yes, pl share your exp as how many days it takes to get it(from LA office) once you are done.
Thanks!!

Kind_SD said:
Anyone from the batch of ppl who are taking auth this week plans to apply for expedite passport ? If yes, pl share your exp as how many days it takes to get it(from LA office) once you are done.
Thanks!!
Yes, I will do expedite processing for my daughter. She needs her passport by June 3rd, and I can't risk doing regular processing. My elder daughter applied for her passport on March 21st, regular processing. She received it yesterday, April 26th. I'll keep you posted.

Anahit said:
Yes, I will do expedite processing for my daughter. She needs her passport by June 3rd, and I can't risk doing regular processing. My elder daughter applied for her passport on March 21st, regular processing. She received it yesterday, April 26th. I'll keep you posted.
Thanks Anahit!! My doubt came true as LA passport office seems very slow compare to other where for ex. in Dallas my friend got passport in just 6 days with *regular* processing.
Let's see how long they will take here in LA for your daughter's passport with Expedite process.

MY Time Lines so far

My Time Line
District Office - Los Angeles
Service Center - CSC
N 400 Mailed - 04/11/2005
N 400 received - 04/15/2005
Check cashed - 04/21/2005
Priority Date - 04/15/2005
Notice Date - 04/25/2005
Finger Print Notice Date -
Finger Print Date -
Interview Date -
Oath Date -
:)

Does auotmates message change after FP notice is sent?

Does the automated message system message change after Finger Print notice is sent? Please let me know. Thanks

simidude said:
Can you please post your time line for approval?
Thanks

simidude, i looked at your timeline, seem your case moving pretty quick. i had to wait nearly 5 weeks before i got my FP notice

Statistics - They DO NOT tell you the truth

Thanks.
I looked at your posting about when to expect the approval notice for interview.

I took all the cases from LA, OC and SD areas ( where information was given about dates for various tasks ( I mean, notice, fp, interview notice, oath etc) and came with the following conclusions.

1) Average time periods from Receipt Notice to approval for interview ( not interview date) LA District Office is 138 days (sample size being 4. Best performance 99 days, worst performance of 161 days)
2) Average time periods from finger pirnting done date to approval for interview ( not interview date) for LA District Office is 75 days (sample size being 4. Best performance 34 days, worst performance of 106 days)

Same statistics for the OC area -
1) Average time periods from Receipt Notice to approval for interview ( not interview date) is 141 days (sample size being 3. Best performance 120 days, worst performance of 161 days)
2) Average time periods from finger pirnting done date to approval for interview ( not interview date) for is 83 days (sample size being 3. Best performance 63 days, worst performance of 114 days)

So, there is NOT much difference for processing whether you are in Los Angeles or Sanata Ana. So, I am hoping to see approval notice for interview end of July 05. Also, the time line between interview notice and actual interview date seems to bearond 30 days.

Hope all goes well for all of the folks here.
My two cents. Take with a pinch of salt.
BTW, I am aware that you CANNOT predict anything ( where lot of inconsistency exsts).

ocworker said:
simidude, i looked at your timeline, seem your case moving pretty quick. i had to wait nearly 5 weeks before i got my FP notice

simidude said:
Thanks.
I looked at your posting about when to expect the approval notice for interview.

I took all the cases from LA, OC and SD areas ( where information was given about dates for various tasks ( I mean, notice, fp, interview notice, oath etc) and came with the following conclusions.

1) Average time periods from Receipt Notice to approval for interview ( not interview date) LA District Office is 138 days (sample size being 4. Best performance 99 days, worst performance of 161 days)
2) Average time periods from finger pirnting done date to approval for interview ( not interview date) for LA District Office is 75 days (sample size being 4. Best performance 34 days, worst performance of 106 days)

Same statistics for the OC area -
1) Average time periods from Receipt Notice to approval for interview ( not interview date) is 141 days (sample size being 3. Best performance 120 days, worst performance of 161 days)
2) Average time periods from finger pirnting done date to approval for interview ( not interview date) for is 83 days (sample size being 3. Best performance 63 days, worst performance of 114 days)

So, there is NOT much difference for processing whether you are in Los Angeles or Sanata Ana. So, I am hoping to see approval notice for interview end of July 05. Also, the time line between interview notice and actual interview date seems to bearond 30 days.

Hope all goes well for all of the folks here.
My two cents. Take with a pinch of salt.
BTW, I am aware that you CANNOT predict anything ( where lot of inconsistency exsts).

thanks for your information. i am hoping to see interivew letter by end of july 05 too. hope i can have some good news to share in next few months.

simidude said:
Can you please post your time line for approval?
Thanks

PD - 09/23/2004
FP - 01/12/2005
Interview - 04/05/2005
Oath -?

oath

Got my oath letter today....

Priority Date ............ Nov 2, 2004
Fingerprint Date ....... Feb 10, 2005
Interview Date.......... Apr 13, 2005 at El Monte
Oath Date................ May 26, 2005 at Pomona

pacific1 said:
Got my oath letter today....

Priority Date ............ Nov 2, 2004
Fingerprint Date ....... Feb 10, 2005
Interview Date.......... Apr 13, 2005 at El Monte
Oath Date................ May 26, 2005 at Pomona

Thanks Pacific1 for update. Anyone else received oath for May?
I am still waiting :(

Anahit

Anahit:
Any news/update on your daughter's passport that you planned to apply with expedite option.
Thanks!!

Anahit said:

Kind_SD said:
Anahit:
Any news/update on your daughter's passport that you planned to apply with expedite option.
Thanks!!
Not yet. She applied at the post office on Monday, May 2nd. She requested expedite processing with overnight delivery. They said it would take up to 2 weeks. One week has passed.

your passport?

Anahit said:
Not yet. She applied at the post office on Monday, May 2nd. She requested expedite processing with overnight delivery. They said it would take up to 2 weeks. One week has passed.
Did you apply for your passport at the end of the oath ceremony in LA? How long did that take?
Thanks....

pacific1 said:
Did you apply for your passport at the end of the oath ceremony in LA? How long did that take?
Thanks....
Yes, for my passport I applied at the end of the oath ceremony at the Convention Center in LA. It was regular mail, and I got my passport in a month.

maheshgajanan said:
Thanks Pacific1 for update. Anyone else received oath for May?
I am still waiting :(

Same here...still waiting...

maheshgajanan, if you don't mind me asking what alphabet does your last name start with? My husband and my coworker both applied for the N400 in November. (PD 11/10/04) They got everything exactly the same day, notice letter, finger print, interview (03/17); except for the oath ceremony letter, which she received last Saturday for the May 26 ceremony. She thought they probably did the oath letter in alphabetical order. That's why I was wondering what your last name starts with. Her last name starts with M and my husband's starts with T. I hope this theory is right...then we should be getting it soon. Anyways, please let me know. Thanks!