• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Litigation update this week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like what Jayo2k said, Mr,White started the issue of non-randomness in this year's draw,now he turns his back to sue the DOS that the draw was random. Our hope lies in God's hands.

I still believe that this is the same software they have been using for previous DV,the probem with this year's DV was that winners where notified on their website hence people quickly figured out the flaws in the draw

So..... it seems my entry, which was submitted on the 24th got moved next to the entries submitted on the 5th & 6th? This is said to be standard computer storage procedure? So it makes no difference what day you apply because your entry can be RANDOMLY moved around anyway?
(Sorry about the terminology - I am a computer dum-dum trying to understand this.)

So..... it seems my entry, which was submitted on the 24th got moved next to the entries submitted on the 5th & 6th? This is said to be standard computer storage procedure? So it makes no difference what day you apply because your entry can be RANDOMLY moved around anyway?
(Sorry about the terminology - I am a computer dum-dum trying to understand this.)
Yes, the physical location of the entry could be (but not necessarily is) moved for various reasons, since it's not important in relation databases.

While I'm here - a few comments, some of which is old news, on this very entertaining (stop being so funny CraigToom or you might be banned again!!!), informative (love Kwame O and co) and infuriating - (too many to list!).
Dear Jay02k - Australian and Canadian immigration is very similar, and I would be suprised if it were as easy as you say to immigrate to Canada. If you pass the points test you can be confident of being approved. The points needed and the weighting of the points can be changed at any time to suit the country's needs. For example, if Australia needs more computer skills it will increase the points for computer skills or qualifications. The points can be decreased in times when there is an oversupply in the workforce. If tradesmen are needed, then the points for skilled trades will be increased. It may seem that we have a very high rate of asian immigration but that is because of a number of factors. 1- they are just more noticable by the nature of their looks. Australian is having an increase of european migration, but you wouldn't notice them in a crowd. 2- The bulk of immigrants worldwide are Asian or African. Look at all the USA visa catagories (only exception is the DV) and all are dominated by Asians or Indians. And sorry to tell you..but investment visas to the USA are NOT easy. I have looked into it and it is much more complex and insecure than it looks. Still - don't be deterred - just be prepared. Good Luck. I admire that you are considering it. If I were younger (!) I would give it a go too. All said, the points system is FAR superior to the USA system which requires big bucks or indentured labour. (Don't get me started!)

Also, re the suggestion that the 22,000 be thrown in with the new winners and be reassigned case numbers. Although I have no problem with that and have even suggested a similar compromise before, Mr White has written in the press release on the Injunction that "the class of 22,000 should not be disadvantaged by being put to the back of the line". On my first reading of this I thought that Mr White was being UNcompromising while expectiong DOS to bend. I hope that the comment is just there as a bargaining tool??

Jayo2k who said Mr.White was the one who wrote to Dos pointing out the non-randomness.

Don't know if he wrote to DOS - but on his blog in early May he comments on what the Russian immigration forums were saying.

Don't know if he wrote to DOS
He did. From the original letter to Donahue:

Thank you for considering and acting upon my letter to the Visa Office of May 10, 2011, highlighting errors in the way the Department of State processed the DV-2012 Lottery drawing,

Yes, the physical location of the entry could be (but not necessarily is) moved for various reasons, since it's not important in relation databases.
What I think he meant was that sql without an order clause returns data in some internal order. When data is moved, the order changes - it is not guaranteed. That is it.
yo2k who said Mr.White was the one who wrote to Dos pointing out the non-randomness.

Thank you for considering and acting upon my letter to the Visa Office of May 10, 2011, highlighting errors in the way the Department of State processed the DV-2012 Lottery drawing
The answer does not mean he was the only one who wrote. The question is likely to assume he was the only one.

Thank you for considering and acting upon my letter to the Visa Office of May 10, 2011, highlighting errors in the way the Department of State processed the DV-2012 Lottery drawing,

He did and he lied too: comma 12 in the Lawsuit FAQs available in his blog:
"In addition, no one – including myself – called for the invalidation of the results. No one called on DOS to disavow its commitment to the 22,000 winners."

Status
Not open for further replies.