• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Litigation update this week

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Mr White win, that would send a message that even thoses who do not vote have rights & are threated as human by the US justice system...

Mr. White:

From Mr. White's statement I conclude the judge wants to make a final decision on July 12th.
To me that looks like the judge considers the case to be rather simple if she wants to close the case right on the date of hearing, 3 days before July 15th. I would say the judge thinks there was more than enough time to review the case critically.
Moreover, I think the judge has already looked at the case critically (it looks like both sides have submitted their documents already and the judge was able to take a look), probably has not found anything yet and assumes there is nothing to look at in the case.
So, the losing side will be able to appeal to the court of appeals on July 13th (expect an immediate decision because of simplicity of the case) and then hopefully to Supreme Court on July 14th (expect an immediate decision as well)

Not every case gets to the Supreme Court. The Supreme Court hears SELECTED cases. Refer to " writ of certiorari" You can also read about the standards of review:
1. abuse of discretion
2. De novo
3. Plain error

If the system responds immediately what means they have not filed anything yet, they will definitely do something today. I am pretty sure they will file their response by 4pm. And we shall see when that info appears on the system. :)

Do you have a link where this will be published?

If the system responds immediately what means they have not filed anything yet, they will definitely do something today. I am pretty sure they will file their response by 4pm. And we shall see when that info appears on the system. :)
56 minutes to go.

I'm just reading and can't get what you are talking about. That is all so easy, there would be just one hearing because both sides have a fully information for a court.
And the DoS will win, they are exactly trying to support people which don't have US sitizen's rights and make them to be treated as a human by the US justice system,
but in a new draw everybody will have an equal chance to win ;)

And again, 22k butthurts tried to raid today's Obama Twitter conference, but phailed big time and had to wipe 3 last post from their wall. I missed the all the fun unfortunately. :-(

Here we go: Filed & Entered: 07/06/2011 Memorandum in Opposition
(Attachments: # (1) Affidavit of Kirit Amin, # (2) Text of Proposed Order)(Chen, Hans)

Omg, you know at first I shared my sympathy but that is just way out of line and plain stupid. These people will never be successful even if they get their freaking green cards. Whining and begging all over the internet non-stop like little babies, what the hell is wrong with them?! Nutjobs. They should be ashamed.

Last edited by a moderator:
have to agree. I'm one of the unlucky winner (and hope that I will still get my GC) but I think the twitter story is going a bit far.

Omg, you know at first I shared my sympathy but that is just way out of line and plain stupid. These people will never be successful even if they get their freaking green cards. Whining and begging all over the internet non-stop like little babies, what the hell is wrong with them?! Nutjobs. They should be ashamed.

Because living in Russia is that bad.

@craigToomy have seen those documentary of Obama.But one thing i know is that there would be a compromise.I might not be 100% sure of this.Because Nobody can tell anything for now.But on the safer side i think DOS will compromise.

Status
Not open for further replies.