Likey Mumbai CP Interview in April, May, June -2004

Hi Victor,

For your form you give the name and address of your employer, for your wife's give Name of employer and give in brackets employer of spouse.

Rjain

Successful Interview at Mumbai Consulate today

Hi guys,

Had our interview today at Mumbai Consulate. It went very smooth. We reached there at 7:30 am and we were the last ones to enter for Immigrant visas. They let us in within 10-15 minutes. Then the wait started for submitting the documents. Our names were called at 11:00 am. The Indian lady just asked for copies of Birth Certificate and Marriage Certificate and original employment letter, medical report, Police clearance certificate., and photographs. She didn't even take the X-Rays so what do we do with those. No other documents were asked(not even I-134). I still use my maiden name so she asked me if I want to continue using that or change to married name. I started laughing and she told my husband jokingly to leave the booth so I could answer. I chose to keep the maiden name. Then she saw our daughter's name on the form and she really liked her name(her name is Alina). She wanted to see her picture. The only picture we had was in her passport which was taken when she was 4 days old. She showed her picture to everybody there and couldn't stop complimenting her. After that we were called for the interview in 2 minutes.
The interviewer(american lady) asked my husband if he has a job there so he answered that he has been working in that company for 5 years. Then she asked him what you do. So he started replying that I am into plastics and she cut him off saying that you are giving me a bad impression(in a rude way) so he briefly described his job duties. Then she read the job letter quickly and said that your visas are granted and pick them up at 3:30 pm.
My husband went to the embassy at 3:30 pm and was out by 3:50 pm with our documents.

It feels so great to be past this hurdle finally.

Ash

Congrajulations Ash

Very happy for you and appreciate posting your experience the same day...
Enjoy the rest of your stay and best of luck for the POE..
:)

ash1234 said:
Hi guys,

Had our interview today at Mumbai Consulate. It went very smooth. We reached there at 7:30 am and we were the last ones to enter for Immigrant visas. They let us in within 10-15 minutes. Then the wait started for submitting the documents. Our names were called at 11:00 am. The Indian lady just asked for copies of Birth Certificate and Marriage Certificate and original employment letter, medical report, Police clearance certificate., and photographs. She didn't even take the X-Rays so what do we do with those. No other documents were asked(not even I-134). I still use my maiden name so she asked me if I want to continue using that or change to married name. I started laughing and she told my husband jokingly to leave the booth so I could answer. I chose to keep the maiden name. Then she saw our daughter's name on the form and she really liked her name(her name is Alina). She wanted to see her picture. The only picture we had was in her passport which was taken when she was 4 days old. She showed her picture to everybody there and couldn't stop complimenting her. After that we were called for the interview in 2 minutes.
The interviewer(american lady) asked my husband if he has a job there so he answered that he has been working in that company for 5 years. Then she asked him what you do. So he started replying that I am into plastics and she cut him off saying that you are giving me a bad impression(in a rude way) so he briefly described his job duties. Then she read the job letter quickly and said that your visas are granted and pick them up at 3:30 pm.
My husband went to the embassy at 3:30 pm and was out by 3:50 pm with our documents.

Ash

ash:

It is always nice to read success stories. HEartiest congratulations and live life king size! And needless to say NOW enjoy your stay in india.

Ash,

Thanks for posting ..and congratulations .. Have fun .. We're all in line right behind you in month of June ..

Congrats Ash!!!

Thanks for posting you r experience the same day.

That's awesome.Now have fun. :)

Regards

Raj

ash1234 said:
Hi guys,

Ash

Hi Ash,

Congrats guys. Good to hear this news. Well, ash I had 2 questions for you. Would appericiate your help in clarification.

1. I wanted to know if your husband was a primary applicant in your case? it seems like he was the only one who was asked questions by the officer.
2. Were u also on H1B i.e. whoever was dependent applicant in your case was he/she also on H1B? If yes, what documents did you carry with respect to his/her employment.

Thanks,

GCbad.

AC140 @ Mumbai through EB1

Thanks for the wonderful posts on this site. A few questions:
1) Has anyone recently got an interview @ Mumbai consulate on EB1 approval basis and can share their experience. My Lawyers here advise not to use CP since they are not sure if Eb1s approved here will be approved in Mumbai. (assume no fraud in the case)
2) While filing for Ac140, what kind of emotional hardship needs to be proven?
3) Does filing I824 automatically withdraw your AOS I485 application or is the AOS application still "alive"? (i have already in the AOS queue)
4) If AOS is "alive", is the accompanying EAD and ATP also alive?

Ash,

Congratulations!!!

All:
I just got our PCC from CBI today. Plan to go to the consulate next week (Tue-Wed, assuming Mon is a holiday on account of Memorial day). The consular officer did tell me that only one of us needs to come with the PCC. Does anybody know if they issue the Immigration visa in the morning itself for Pending immigration cases (like mine) or I will need to pick up the visas in the afternoon like the others?

Guys

Quick questions regarding offer letter !!

I have a curent notarized employment letter from my employer. I have been working for this company for almost 3 years now. However, I do not have an offer letter from the date when I joined this company. I have all my W-2's and pay stubs.

Do I also need that offer letter when I joined the company in 2001. OR pay stubs and W-2's suffice this requirement ?

Thanks ..

victor:

Offer letter is not required. Remember to carry notarized employment letter, W-2, last 4-6 pay stubs and tax transcripts for last 3 years.

Gcbad,

My husband was the primary applicant. I was not asked anything. I was on H-1B. I took my employment letter, last 3-4 paystubs and H-1B approval notice. They didn't ask for anything from me. Maybe because I have a valid H-1B stamp on my passport.
You don't have to worry about anything. It's a very simple process. Just have all your documents in order.

Good Luck
Ash

Hi guys,

I just checked our passports. Both our H-1B visas were not cancelled by the consulate. I hope its not a problem. Did anyone have the same experience.

Thanks,
Ashu

ash1234 said:
Hi guys,

I just checked our passports. Both our H-1B visas were not cancelled by the consulate. I hope its not a problem. Did anyone have the same experience.

Thanks,
Ashu

It doesn't matter. One of the reasons for cancelling the earlier visa(s) is to
avoid the possibility of the candidate entering US on such visa rather than as
a permanent resident. I believe there were such instances !!

Raju

I had read somewhere in these posts that if one doesn't have the original birth certificate then one also needs an affidavit. Now my question is should this affidavit be made by me stating the facts or made by my parents stating about me and my date of birth. Would really appreciate if somebody have a sample affidavit statement, which I could use.

Thanks.

gcbad said:
I had read somewhere in these posts that if one doesn't have the original birth certificate then one also needs an affidavit. Now my question is should this affidavit be made by me stating the facts or made by my parents stating about me and my date of birth. Would really appreciate if somebody have a sample affidavit statement, which I could use.

Thanks.

I need to correct you. (I am assuming that you are from India)

If you don't have a birth certificate, then you need:

a) A Non-availability certificate from the authorities at your place of birth.

AND

b) 2 Affidavits of birth from your parents , or elder relatives. These affidavits
have to be notarized.

Coming to the sample, there are several on the forum. Search by the
key word and you will find one. You will also find a thread opened by
me which has a sample birth affidavit.

Raju

Raju595 said:
I need to correct you. (I am assuming that you are from India)

If you don't have a birth certificate, then you need:

a) A Non-availability certificate from the authorities at your place of birth.

AND

b) 2 Affidavits of birth from your parents , or elder relatives. These affidavits
have to be notarized.

Coming to the sample, there are several on the forum. Search by the
key word and you will find one. You will also find a thread opened by
me which has a sample birth affidavit.

Raju

Thanks Raju. Yes I am from India.
OK let me clarify my case. I don't have the original birth certificate which would have been issued when I was born but I got another issued by the local municipal authorities just last year. Thats the reason I am contemplating whether I need to have an affidavit as a supporting document.

Thanks.

gcbad said:
Thanks Raju. Yes I am from India.
OK let me clarify my case. I don't have the original birth certificate which would have been issued when I was born but I got another issued by the local municipal authorities just last year. Thats the reason I am contemplating whether I need to have an affidavit as a supporting document.

Thanks.

Then you do have a birth certificate. Though it is not necessary, just for
your peace of mind you may carry 1 affidavit from a parent.

Several candidates have appeared for the interview with birth certificates
issued recently and did not have any problem.

Raju