Likey Mumbai CP Interview in April, May, June -2004

Kd, Raju,alren and all others who replied to my questions:

Thanks a bunch for all your help.

I guess I'm almost set to go for interview on 10th. Leaving on 2nd june and will be at B'bay from 7th till 11th. I don't think that anyone from this thread has interview around my date.

Alren, Gc, uvw ..good luck to you all ..

BTW, I just spoke to my lawyer for getting filled copy of DS-230 part I and he said I don't need it plus he does not keep a copy of it since it is not required in the future once filed.

Should I fill it again ? and keep it with me as they have sent the blank part I and II of DS-230 back with P-3.

Victor

Victor3536 said:
Kd, Raju,alren and all others who replied to my questions:

Thanks a bunch for all your help.

I guess I'm almost set to go for interview on 10th. Leaving on 2nd june and will be at B'bay from 7th till 11th. I don't think that anyone from this thread has interview around my date.

Alren, Gc, uvw ..good luck to you all ..

BTW, I just spoke to my lawyer for getting filled copy of DS-230 part I and he said I don't need it plus he does not keep a copy of it since it is not required in the future once filed.

Should I fill it again ? and keep it with me as they have sent the blank part I and II of DS-230 back with P-3.

{Either way it is fine. But sometimes they (consulate personnel) do ask
for this even though they are supposed to have it on file. In such
instances it helps if you have a filled copy ready. }

Victor

{my response}

Raju

gcbad said:
My cover letter of P4 has a date of May 5, but it seems all the letters get mailed to Washington DC and then they are individually mailed from DC. The post mark on the envelope is Washington DC and it was mailed out on May 22 from DC. I received it on May 24.

Thanks.
I got mine today (or maybe yest.)

Likewise dated 5/5 postmarked 5/21.

I-134 Notorised

Hi,
Today I got my I-134 notorized, she signed in I-134 and she gave me a another paper with her stamp and her sign again and she stappled it to original I-134. Is it ok ??
This is first time in US getting notorized so want to make sure with you people.

thanks

vm1214 said:
Hi,
Today I got my I-134 notorized, she signed in I-134 and she gave me a another paper with her stamp and her sign again and she stappled it to original I-134. Is it ok ??
This is first time in US getting notorized so want to make sure with you people.

thanks
Hmm!

did'nt the notary put the stamp "my commision exipres on so and so date" on the I134?

Generally the notaray would do on the same. I've seen older 134's from relatives, it always had the stamp similar to above.

P4

Just got packet 4 in the mail today. My lawyer also got one copy. Postmarked from Washington, DC. Also checked Mumbai website. BMB listed with interview date for June 17th - E2 category.

One of the half page leaflet in P4 says:
FOR ALL IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICANTS
SUBMISSION OF ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS
All immigrant visa applicants are requested to bring in the following additional documents at the time of their immigrant visa interviews:
1) A clear xerox copy of petitioner's certificate of naturalization or US passport, if he/she is a US citizen, or a clear xerox copy of petitioner's Alien registration Card (green card), if he/she is a legal permanent resident of the US.
All passports used by any visa applicant for all entries in the US
Proof of relationship between petitioner and benefeciary: family photos, letters, correspondence, e-mail

Question:

Does that mean I have to take a copy of my employer's (petitioner's) US passport?????? :confused:

amdomd said:
Question:

Does that mean I have to take a copy of my employer's (petitioner's) US passport?????? :confused:

{ Good Luck you are all set to go,

They are asking for your H1B I-797 approval filed by your employer }

alren said:
Hmm!

did'nt the notary put the stamp "my commision exipres on so and so date" on the I134?

she did put the stamp with the expiry but on different sheet of printed paper with title of form and day of sworn but not on I-134 and I observed one more thing, my I-134 notorized person's commission expires on 6 Aug 2004, so is it a problem if I try to attend interview in that time frame of july / August ?

amdomd,

I think it is about family based immigrant, we do not need to worry about it. Your petitioner is not an individual, it's a company. All we have to take is copy of paperwork filed during your I-140 and if you have H-1 from the same company then H-1 papers including I-797 (Approval notice)

Thanks guys. I think I am all set to go. Am going to get UK transit visa tomorrow. Anybody have any idea about accomodations/ hotels in the US consulate area??

amdomd said:
Question:

And sure, your employer is going to give it to you ... :D ;)

VM:

Your I-134 should be on be 1 page such that it is 2 sided. The notary public is REQUIRED to put the stamp PLUS signature on page 2 (back side) of I-134. You may want to get it REDONE. Better safe than sorry!

Ok Kd, I will redo it, but the other part of the question was the notorized person's commision expires on Aug 6th 2004 so will it be a problem also ?

vm1214 said:
Ok Kd, I will redo it, but the other part of the question was the notorized person's commision expires on Aug 6th 2004 so will it be a problem also ?
No as far as the execution took place before the expiry of the commision, then the document is legally notarized.

vm:

I concur whole heartedly with alren. As long as the notary signs the I-134 prior to expiry of notary authority you should be fine.

Thanks alren & Kd for your replies.

There is no doubt you both go togeather very well, may be the key point is your exp and FL.

Guys

One question !! In DS-230 part II, in the intem # 29 , which the name address of petitioner, what would be in my wife's form ? Is it me or my company as the petitioner ?

I think it should be me as the petitioner for dependent but I just want to make sure with you all.

Also, I had someone picked up my duplicate copy of appointment letter yesterday, because I don't think I will get it before I leave.