Likey Mumbai CP Interview in April, May, June -2004

victor:

I concur with alren. To add to his point, the notarized employment letter should be notarized when handed by your HR to you. What is being notarized here is your HR manager's signature on your employment letter. So your HR needs to print your emp letter on company letterhead, take it to a notary public, and in presence of notary public sign the letter and have the notary public notarize the letter. Once this is done, such letter which is notairzed so be handed to you.

My employment letter

Kd and friends,
My employer gave me a notarized employment letter which is as follows:

My question is whether the below mentioned letter is sufficient or I should ask for more details :confused:

Consulate General of USA
Lincoln House
Mumbai India,

Re:My name

Dear Sir/Madam:
This is to confirm our offer to employ Mr. Deshpande as a regular full-time employee in the position of ***** at an annual salary of at least $xxxxx.
This is a continuing offer requiring only your approval.

Sincerely yours.
xxxx

It is notarized

Give me a break please!

Victor3536,
Thanks for your prompt reply. I managed to call them and talk to 2 different people in the Consulate. They are telling me that my name is not in the system, which means they haven't received any package for me. I asked my lawyer, and she gave me the tracking no. I checked the courier website, and that clearly shows it was delivered and accepted by company stamp on 3/1/04.
What can I do now? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
aprilfool

Victor3536 said:
Aprilfool,

Call around or after 9AM IST , i.e 10:30 CT here. Call 91-22-23637407/23637408. Either one will directly get you to the operator for immigration cases and will give you the information you need.

Aprilfool,

I'm assuming that yours is a AC-140 case. That is very unusual that they do not have you in system if your packet is received by embassy on 3/1/04. I would suggest that you tell your lawyer to email them and inquire about it.

Also, you might want to call embassy again and mention that your tracking shows that they have received the packet as of 3/1/04 and I guess they should be able to find out what's going on ? At least in my case they did that when I called the embassy the lady pulled out my file and told me exactly the reason I was not scheduled in June

Also, when you said that you show company stamp on courier site, you meant US emabssy at B'bay. is that right ?

aprilfool:

It is possible that the consulate has received your cp packet. Call them again and SPELL out your first and last name. When you called it is possible that the person mis-spelt your name while running a search in consulate system to look for your case. This has happened a number of times. I suggest calling again and spelling out your first and last name LOUD and CLEAR. If it still does not pull up your case then have your attorney contact the consulate and then if needed resend the packet!

uvwxyz:

Your employment letter does not state the LC job description which is required. Plus i do not know what to make out of this sentence in your letter:
"This is a continuing offer requiring only your approval."

Kind of silly and stupid but still wanted to confirm, when I print the DS-230, I-134 do I need to print double sided or single sided.

vm:

Either is fine. I recommend double sided that you have LESS pages to manage. So do a double sided printing for ds 230 part 1 and 2 and also same for i-134.

Alren, uvw and others

Any of you received your P-4, appointment letter ? I don't think I would get it before I leave as I'm leaving on 2nd June.

Victor3536 said:
Alren, uvw and others

Any of you received your P-4, appointment letter ? I don't think I would get it before I leave as I'm leaving on 2nd June.
Nope! No word from the lawyer yet. I'll prob inform them next week.

kd1403 said:
vm:

Either is fine. I recommend double sided that you have LESS pages to manage. So do a double sided printing for ds 230 part 1 and 2 and also same for i-134.
agree with kd. I always like 2 sided.

Alren, kd

If you don't get the P-4 on time than just send someone to pick up the appointment letter at embassy at Mumbai, right ? Is there anything else we have to do ? Also, do they give the whole P-4 to your representative who will go to collect the appointment letter or they just give an appointment letter ?

BTW, what all P-4 contains of ?

Guys,

I received the packet from my attorney today for my interview. I'm kind of confused. It has blank DS-230 part I and and cover letter sent back by consulate, I think it is packet -3. It also contains DS-2001.

My questions are my lawyer has already sent DS-230 part I while filing AC-140 case, so what do I do ? Should I take a copy of that or should I fill a new DS-230 and take it with me. Secondly, do I have to take filled DS-2001 with me at interview ?

Also, what should I write in current address field in DS-2001 ? should it be US address OR Indian address ?

Victor3536 said:
Guys,

I received the packet from my attorney today for my interview. I'm kind of confused. It has blank DS-230 part I and and cover letter sent back by consulate, I think it is packet -3. It also contains DS-2001.

My questions are my lawyer has already sent DS-230 part I while filing AC-140 case, so what do I do ? Should I take a copy of that or should I fill a new DS-230 and take it with me. Secondly, do I have to take filled DS-2001 with me at interview ?

{Wait for input by others. As you have already sent the required papers
to the Consulate, I don't think you need to respond to this packet 3 (?).
But do carry a filled copy of DS 230 Part I along with all other documents. It wouldn't hurt to carry the DS-2001 too}

Also, what should I write in current address field in DS-2001 ? should it be US address OR Indian address ?

{Your current address is where you currently reside, whether US or
India.}

{my responses}

Raju

Last edited by a moderator:
victor:

I concur with raju's answers. The consulates are known to mail blank ds 230's and ds2001. Just carry the blank form mentioned above plus carry the ones that you had completed while filing ac i-140 packet.

Called again to reconfirm

Hey Guys,
Since the interview dates are still not available I called them again today just to reconfirm the dates. My interview date is still the same June 18th and now I have booked the Hotel, I am flying out on June 3rd first will visit pune to do some work, Will come back to Bombay on June 15th. Medicals at BreachCandy on 16th, and the interview on 18th.
Much more relieved now.
Thanks for all your support...wish all of us luck.
:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Victor3536,
My case is AC-140. I am going to call tonight and request them to do some searching in their mails, because I am puzzled now why they think they don't have my package yet. Yes company stamp of US Consulate at Mumbai.

kd1403,
I had read one of your previous postings about name recognition problems at the other end, so I started off with the spelling of my name and had the person spell it back to me. However, what I don't know is if they are typing the last in first and vice versa. Although my last name is a common last name, they ought to get it right, but one never knows. I am trying again tonight.

Thanks for all the support you guys provide on this forum.

Thanks again!
aprilfool
Victor3536 said:
Aprilfool,

I'm assuming that yours is a AC-140 case. That is very unusual that they do not have you in system if your packet is received by embassy on 3/1/04. I would suggest that you tell your lawyer to email them and inquire about it.

Also, you might want to call embassy again and mention that your tracking shows that they have received the packet as of 3/1/04 and I guess they should be able to find out what's going on ? At least in my case they did that when I called the embassy the lady pulled out my file and told me exactly the reason I was not scheduled in June

Also, when you said that you show company stamp on courier site, you meant US emabssy at B'bay. is that right ?

uvwxyz:

Not sure why you wanted to reconfirm the interview date? Anyway..all the best! The time has come for you to be a free bird!

It was making me nervous

Kd,
It was making me nervous that the interview dates are still not on their website and we have not got packet 4 so I decided to reconfirm.
I am planning to fly on June 3rd and did not wanted any last minute surpises.. :p

kd1403 said:
uvwxyz:

Not sure why you wanted to reconfirm the interview date? Anyway..all the best! The time has come for you to be a free bird!