Likey Mumbai CP Interview in April, May, June -2004

Hello Seniors,
As I was going thru' all the documents, I found employment offer letter from the US companies is required but I don't have couple of them including my present employer, so will it be a problem or can you suggest me for that ?

thanks

vm1214 said:
Hello Seniors,
As I was going thru' all the documents, I found employment offer letter from the US companies is required but I don't have couple of them including my present employer, so will it be a problem or can you suggest me for that ?

thanks

I am assuming that you belong to Employment Category.

It is absolutely necessary to carry a notarized employment offer letter from
your current employer (in all probability your sponsor). This is probably the most important document.

Other than this , if you can, carry offer letters or experience letters or other correspondence from your earlier employers as support documentation.

You must have the above, since you would have submitted something for
your I-140 petition.

Raju

Raju595 said:
It is absolutely necessary to carry a notarized employment offer letter from
your current employer (in all probability your sponsor). This is probably the most important document.

( I have the above document but I haven't rececived any offer letter when I joined this company so I don't have it)

Other than this , if you can, carry offer letters or experience letters or other correspondence from your earlier employers as support documentation.
(I don't have the offer letters but do have experience letters, will that be fine)

Thanks

uvwxyz said:
I received my P4 in todays mail.. (FYI)

COOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLL Buddy !!!

I bet your anxiousness, worry and confusion might have come down.

GoodLuck !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
No P3 - Is that ok ?

I and my lawyer came to know the BMB case number, I came to know by calling them and don't know how my lawyer came to know. My question is I haven't received any packet 3 till date, is it some thing I need to think and worry about (actually I am not at all worried), 'cause by reading the thread/s I feel most of them get it after the case number is generated
when I called the consulate she said my papers are in order no more documents pending and they are in process of generating appointment letter which may take 2 months, so are they going to send the P3 ?

Anybody else on the 23rd of June?

Still awaiting the appointment letter & P4.
A couple of questions for the wise gurus...
1. Does the Consulate send the P4 directly to the applicant or to the lawyer? What are all the forms/documents contained in the P4?

2. My company recently underwent a name change as part of a new branding campaign (!). My I-140 & DS230 forms have the old company name. What impact might this have & what documents do I need to carry as evidence that it is indeed the same company -- only a new name?

If theres anyone else with a 23rd date, lets hook up!
Alren, I notice that you are on the 22nd...if you dont mind, can you send me a contact # in Mumbai. I'll be one of the first to congratulate you on 22nd evening :)

Thanks everyone for all the help & advice ; Goodluck to all June expectants.

VM:

As long as you have the notarized employment letter from your GC sponsoring employment you are in good shape. As far as previous work experience letters are concerned, they are good to have. You are fine!

topnotch:

1. Does the Consulate send the P4 directly to the applicant or to the lawyer? What are all the forms/documents contained in the P4?
Answer: 2 P4's are mailed to an indian embassy in usa around 10th of the month. Around 22th of the month, 1 of the 2 P4's are mailed to the attorney and the other is mailed to the primary candidate. So ultimately one can expect P4 in candidates hand around 27-30th of the month.
==========================================================

2. My company recently underwent a name change as part of a new branding campaign (!). My I-140 & DS230 forms have the old company name. What impact might this have & what documents do I need to carry as evidence that it is indeed the same company -- only a new name?
Answer: Same was the case with my company. Carry advertisement and articles to show the company name change. Also take a letter from your attorney to describe the name change with all the time lines! I did this and was not asked any questions.
==========================================================

victor:

P4 is mailed from the consulates around 10th of the month and the candidate ultimately receives in the last week of the month. Read my above posting for topnotch!

Victor3536 said:
Gcbad & uvw

When does your P-4 mailed ? Does show the date ?

My cover letter of P4 has a date of May 5, but it seems all the letters get mailed to Washington DC and then they are individually mailed from DC. The post mark on the envelope is Washington DC and it was mailed out on May 22 from DC. I received it on May 24.

Thanks.

gcbad:

You are right. The P4's are mailed to washington dc indian consulate ( i think for midwest, north east, and south east) and then they are individually mailed to candidates and attorneys and hence the usa washington dc stamp on the envelope!

uv, gc -

Great!!! Maybe I should check my mail today. Normally I do not check it daily if I'm not expecting anything imp. :)

It seems the Mumbai consulate posted the interview dates for June but I couldn't find my BMB number. Actually I couldn't find any E2 category as well as I couldn't find any BMB2004.... series of case numbers.
I don't think I need to worry since I have the appointment letter but its just one of wierd things about the US consulate.

gcbad said:
It seems the Mumbai consulate posted the interview dates for June but I couldn't find my BMB number. Actually I couldn't find any E2 category as well as I couldn't find any BMB2004.... series of case numbers.
I don't think I need to worry since I have the appointment letter but its just one of wierd things about the US consulate.
gcbad,

There are 2 pages. did U check the 2nd page.??? I'm sure must be there.
Mine is on the 2nd page.

alren said:
gcbad,

There are 2 pages. did U check the 2nd page.??? I'm sure must be there.
Mine is on the 2nd page.

My mistake you are right. I need to get some more black coffee.

gcbad said:
My mistake you are right. I need to get some more black coffee.
Get a shot of espresso ... That would be better :)
Also if you are in a mood to celebrate add a shot of Grand Mariner. That will put you in the right mood.
If you are in -heat wave- area have a chilled glass of Irish Coffee ;)

Waiting for I824 Receipt

Hi Folks;
My lawyer had send the I824 application on April 24th, but we havent received any receipt yet...more than a month...
anybody else in the same boat...or any takes on it....
I am from Mumbai and was planning to do AC140...

Thanking you all...