Likey Mumbai CP Interview in April, May, June -2004

vm1214 said:
If I have two dependents, then do I need two I-134 notorized and BTW how much does each one cost ?

thanks
I'm assuming notary fees?

Most likely the bank you bank with will have the complimentary service.

Thanks laren,Raju and victor for the info.

I checked with my bank they have the service with their affiliate near to my house even though the bank is not in my state.

Thanks

KD,Alren,

By the way I am not gonna cook. Lean Cuisine zindabad. :)

On a more serious note I saw people had questions about transit visa. My wife flew Lufthansa . I have H1B1 and H4 approval notices the old stamping had expired. So we had to send our passports to Chicago for transit visas.

It literally took juts three days. Sent it on Wednesday and got it on Friday.Hope this info helps someone.

I can't wait guys I am already counting days :)

As you remember I had to postpone my interview date to July .Otherwise I would have also been with you guys.

Anyways all the best to you.

Regards:)

Raj

Wife's BC Complications

My Wife's BC is making me slightly nervous.

She was born in Military Hospital in Pune but due to some dispute her birth was not registered. The military hospital births (Or I guess her birth) are not notified to the Pune municipal corporation and they could not give any NAC.
But a glimpse of hope is, after going thru some lengthy government procedures she will get her birth certificate from the Military hospital with current registration date (date within 6 months of Interview and I guess my interview will be in July).
Also now we cannot apply for NAC as the birth certificate is available.
We are going to carry 2 affidavits of births from her parents.

1. I heard that birth certificate with current registration date is not good for the CP interview. I have not read this anywhere in the Packet 3 instruction documents. Can some one guide me about the any alternative?

2. Above all her original School/College LC is not available. Can the college provide a duplicate and will it be valid?

update

alren said:
No problem at the hub. She's already in the plane.

Normally they would have not allowed her to board the plane from FL itself, if they were encforcing it like France.
Reached India. No probs at Amsterdam.

So no Transit visa issue for her.

raj1305 said:
KD,Alren,

By the way I am not gonna cook. Lean Cuisine zindabad. :)

On a more serious note I saw people had questions about transit visa. My wife flew Lufthansa . I have H1B1 and H4 approval notices the old stamping had expired. So we had to send our passports to Chicago for transit visas.

It literally took juts three days. Sent it on Wednesday and got it on Friday.Hope this info helps someone.

I can't wait guys I am already counting days :)

As you remember I had to postpone my interview date to July .Otherwise I would have also been with you guys.

Anyways all the best to you.

Regards:)

Raj
I see more party time in your smilesy :))) ... ;)

medical

Called Breach Candy and set up medicals for 06/13.
Breach Candy Hospital
USA Visa Annexe Bldg.
60 Bhulabhai Desai Rd.
Mumbai 400 026 India
011 91 22 23667979
011 91 22 23671888
Things to take for medicals: Passport, Appointment letter, 3 Snaps, Rs 1650 (in cash), all old vaccination records.

amdomd said:
Called Breach Candy and set up medicals for 06/13.
Breach Candy Hospital
USA Visa Annexe Bldg.
60 Bhulabhai Desai Rd.
Mumbai 400 026 India
011 91 22 23667979
011 91 22 23671888
Things to take for medicals: Passport, Appointment letter, 3 Snaps, Rs 1650 (in cash), all old vaccination records.
I'm assuming the appts. are easily available ...?

Victor3536 said:
Folks

The BMB has taken out the May appointments but I guess forgot to put the June list.
That's normal out there.

Even last month, they did the same things. :confused: :(

alren:

Medical appointments are easily available but again getting it for a day of ones choice may be a little difficult. Hence it is recommended to schedule it as soon as possible.

Also when you get to the bbay consulate for yoru interview show the web admin how to use href links on bbay appointment site so that they do not have broken link next month! :D

kd1403 said:
alren:

Medical appointments are easily available but again getting it for a day of ones choice may be a little difficult. Hence it is recommended to schedule it as soon as possible.

Also when you get to the bbay consulate for yoru interview show the web admin how to use href links on bbay appointment site so that they do not have broken link next month! :D
OK, I just put it my to-do list for CP .. :p

Guys,

Just called Breach Candy to get my Medical appts on 8th june.

What kind of waiver do they give in medical to pregnant lady ? Is she totally waived ? OR just part of it like X-rays ..

I'm guessing you sitll have to pay the charge for medical even though it is waived

CP-QUERY said:
My Wife's BC is making me slightly nervous.

She was born in Military Hospital in Pune but due to some dispute her birth was not registered. The military hospital births (Or I guess her birth) are not notified to the Pune municipal corporation and they could not give any NAC.
But a glimpse of hope is, after going thru some lengthy government procedures she will get her birth certificate from the Military hospital with current registration date (date within 6 months of Interview and I guess my interview will be in July).
Also now we cannot apply for NAC as the birth certificate is available.
We are going to carry 2 affidavits of births from her parents.

1. I heard that birth certificate with current registration date is not good for the CP interview. I have not read this anywhere in the Packet 3 instruction documents. Can some one guide me about the any alternative?

2. Above all her original School/College LC is not available. Can the college provide a duplicate and will it be valid?

Affidavits with School/College LC will work. Colleges do provide a duplicate but it usually takes around 10-15 days, so plan around that.

victor:

The medical is not totally waived for a pregnant spouse. What is waived is the x-rays and vaccinations. In either circumstance (whether pregnancy is visually obvious or not), remember to carry all relevant documents from your usa physician related to pregnancy test, visits and / or sonograms!

Victor,
Have Patience.
As KD suggested in earlier posting, Mumbai consulate is testing patience of June CPers, it looks true.
And as alren has taken this task in his to do list I am sure he will fix it and from next time it will operate better.

Ya ..I guess I'm loosin gmy patience ..

Anyway, Kd and others , I was just wondering when we say notarized employment letter, should it be notarized by a bank officer or official notary ? OR just having it on company's letter head with HR reprenstative's sign is enough.

Victor3536 said:
Ya ..I guess I'm loosin gmy patience ..

Anyway, Kd and others , I was just wondering when we say notarized employment letter, should it be notarized by a bank officer or official notary ? OR just having it on company's letter head with HR reprenstative's sign is enough.
The bank officer has to be a offical notary. Not just any bank officer can notarize the document.