Likey Mumbai CP Interview in April, May, June -2004

run4hlth said:
Guys,

Can anybody throw some light on this FBI clearance check? Is it really required in addition to PCC? Also how to go about getting it? Thanks.
Look at the top of this forum. I believe Raju has a thread with a sticky next to it.

I recommend checking with the respective consulates/ embassies in usa at least 3-4 weeks prior to usa-europe-india travel to get the best answer since rules around transit visa can change. Check this site to see if you need a transit visa especially for flying thru amsterdam, netherlands:
http://www.cgchicago.org/visainquiry.asp

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anybody know what the three shots that we need as part of medical tests. Also can we take the shots if required from US itself in the next couple of days so once you are in Mumbai its not a big deal, considering we all have only a couple of days before the interview date.
Thanks.

alren said:
For Netherlands it is in the regulations (and hence the consulate will always say so), but they do not enforce it.

I think I can let you know in about another hour, if they allow my wife to board the plane at the hub. :rolleyes:

Local airport did not have problem. :)
No problem at the hub. She's already in the plane.

Normally they would have not allowed her to board the plane from FL itself, if they were encforcing it like France.

alren said:
No problem at the hub. She's already in the plane.

Normally they would have not allowed her to board the plane from FL itself, if they were encforcing it like France.

Thanks Alren.

Kd, Alren, raju

Thanks for your previous replies. One more question

When you hand over I-134 to embassy, does bank letter and statements need to be attached with it to support the financial information that you provide in I-134 ?

Also the bank letter need to be in specific format or just specifying your current balance on letter head with bank officer's sign is enough ?

April fool

aprilfool said:
Hi amdomd,
Can you please tell me how you get through to the consulate at Mumbai. I have been trying the last week everyday, and it keeps ringing and ringing and ringing...

Thanks in advance!

I called 91-22-23637407/23637408 midnight CST. It depends. Sometimes you get through and sometimes it just keeps ringing.

I called the consulate - $335 has to be in cashiers check from Indian Bank in equivalent in rupees.

kd1403

1) What kind of personal bank statement is necessary for the interview??
2) Does one have to carry any of employer's company financial statements???
3) Sailing permit from IRS - is it necessary and how do you get it??
4) Any other IRS/ Tax documents necessary???

Kd and others

What previous H1 visa papers necessary to be taken for CP interview ? I mean what else is necessary besides all previous I-797 (Approval Notices) ?

Amdomd,

1. I have the same question as you ?
2. The financial statement is not a necessary document but if you have it, it's good. From previous people's experience, they do not ask for it.
3. Sailing permit is also not a necessary document, I'm not taking it.
4. I have gotten tax scripts from IRS although not necessary, but easy to get it just call the IRS number and there is an option for scripts and you will get it in 4-5 days. Besides that jus take your w-2's and copies of 1040 for last 3 years, just in case they ask for it.

Victor3536 said:
Kd, Alren, raju

Thanks for your previous replies. One more question

When you hand over I-134 to embassy, does bank letter and statements need to be attached with it to support the financial information that you provide in I-134 ?

Also the bank letter need to be in specific format or just specifying your current balance on letter head with bank officer's sign is enough ?

Victor3536:
My personal experience was though I carried the bank letter and statements, it wasn't asked for. Only the notarized I-134 was taken.

As is stated in the I-134 page 2, the bank letter needs to state
a. Current balance
b. Date on which account opened
c. Amount deposited in the past year
I had my bank letters with these details but as I said the letters were not asked for.

victor:

I concur with amonaik's response in entirety. Same happened with me. Only I-134 was taken although i carried bank letter and statements.

Carry all usa immigration related papers.

Congrats

Congratulations Victor,uvwxyz and Alren

Hope your interviews go well and everything is smooth. I am sure all of us will benefit from your experiences.

By the way my wife left to India yesterday. I will join her in July for the interview.

So I am a back to being single for the next two months. :D

Regards,

Raj.

raj:

If i tell your wife that you have a smiling :D face...you know what will happen! Happy cooking while you are single! ;)

kd1403 said:
raj:

If i tell your wife that you have a smiling :D face...you know what will happen! Happy cooking while you are single! ;)
U don't see a smiley on me do U? ;) :p

I-134 notorized.

If I have two dependents, then do I need two I-134 notorized and BTW how much does each one cost ?

thanks

VM1214

I think you can mention each dependent in one document. It should not cost you if you go to the bank where you have an account.

vm1214 said:
If I have two dependents, then do I need two I-134 notorized and BTW how much does each one cost ?

thanks

Eash dependent needs a seperate I-134. Most of the banks do it free of
charge. If your bank does not have a Notary, then you can go to
'UPS Store' (formarly 'Mailboxes etc.'), where they charge anything like
$ 5 to $ 20 for 1 document.

Raju