Likey Mumbai CP Interview in April, May, June -2004

victor:

The point i was trying to make is that you have 2 options:
1. Both you and your spouse attend cp interview either now or postone and attend later.

OR

2. You attend now and wife stays in india and returns to usa after attending her interview.

In other words, you cannot get your CP approved while your spouse is in usa. I think you got this point.

VM:

Since you mailed your AC I-140 application only on 4/30, you need to give the consulate atleast 3-4 weeks to respond. In some cases they respond in 2 weeks but general rule of thumb is about 4 weeks.

If you have not heard from them by end of May then call them, provide them your full first and last name and the consulate will give you a BMB2004 number stating it is accepted or a reason for not accepting.

Thanks KD for bringing down my anxiety. I got confused between two postings in the earlier pages of this thread and assumed UV has sent papers on 04/30 and recevied the interview date on june 18th.

Hi UVW... and Alren
I wish you both "A BIG BEST OF LUCK" and expecting to have a smooth interview process like others and also I am assuming as soon as your interview is done you guys will post your experiences in the thread.

thanks

thanks

yes we will definately do that...BTW the number to call is 91 22 23637407/08
9:00AMIST is the best time to call them
:)

vm1214 said:
Hi UVW... and Alren
I wish you both "A BIG BEST OF LUCK" and expecting to have a smooth interview process like others and also I am assuming as soon as your interview is done you guys will post your experiences in the thread.

thanks

Uvw, Alren, Kd

Do you guys know if we need transit visa even while going. .. I've been hearing different things .. What I heard is that if you have valid visa (Non-Immi) on your passport than you don't need to ..

In uvw your questions is also valid ..what do we do while coming back

In my case, My H1 has expired on April14th, However, I have new I-797 approval for extension of my H1 and my wife's H4 ..

Do I need transit visa ..does I-797 considered to be a valid document for that purpose ..

Bring some light ..

Hi Victor,

The transit visa is dependent on the airport-transit country requirements. Suggest calling or sending an email to the concerned consulate to clarify this as well calling the airline and travel agent for clarification.

Thx,

rjain

Guys,

I have an interesting question. It is regarding current salary.

My employer has given me a raise and I'm getting paid a salary which is very close to what mentioned in Labor, may be 4-5% variation, which I think is okay looking at past Cpers' experience.

However, my pay stub is showing different amounts as salary in each month for last couple of months. I guess the way they counted was number of business days in month based on 8 hours a day multiplied by my hourly rate given by my company....However, I'm not hourly paid employee, I have fixed yearly salary and that is what mentioned in the labor application and my offer letter

My question is does it matter for immigration purposes whether a person is hourly or salaried. If consulate would look my stub, can he raise a question ?

interview date

Called the consulate tonight. Interview date on June 17th. Will have to scramble to get tickets.
How many days should I keep for medicals/ photos/etc before the interview?
Best of luck alren & uvw----!

amdomd :) :D
AC-140 application/ EB2
Received 04/07/2004
BMB case no assigned on 04/08/2004

Last edited by a moderator:
you need a transit visa

victo, rjain,
If you dont have a valid(non expired) visa stamp on the passport then you require a transit visa. Also I called french embassy and asked them about whether we getting GC interview cleared also need transit visa and the answer was yes. So in most cases transit visa is required. Thats why even the fares of KLM, Lufthansa, NorthWest are so high as those countries either dont require transit visas or they are not particular...
This thing sucks but can't help it.

Rjain2 said:
Hi Victor,

The transit visa is dependent on the airport-transit country requirements. Suggest calling or sending an email to the concerned consulate to clarify this as well calling the airline and travel agent for clarification.

Thx,

rjain

amol:

I concur with you and i think some of us will haev to set aside A DAY only to read the success stories that we will be getting everyday one of our forum members has a successful interview.

Guys,

Congratulations to you all and Best of Luck ....I'm sure it will be smooth ..

amdomd, alren, uvw, srisubra ..

Mine is not scheduled in June for some reason, I guess I will have to wait till July. I spoke to a lady last night and apparently the cover letter my attorney has put together in packet-3 says soemthing about month of July and August so she said it seems like your lawyer has requested a different month. She also told me to Fax urgent request and that may work. I faxed them an urgetn request, let's see if I get a reply back or not ..

Kd is right that we will have one success story almost everyday on this thread. .. Good...

I called up the consulate too last night. My interview date is set for June 21. :) Plan to travel around the 15th.
I know I have read this before but just want to confirm again. If I get the PCC from the NY consulate, I don't need to get the PCC once I am in Mumbai right.

Any of you flying our of JFK, EWR getting good deals please post here.

All the best to all of us.

Transit Visa experience and comments

Hi uvwxyz,

I personally think that the whole airport transit visa is a bit of a scam – I was recently in Delhi and returning to US via British Airways. I explained that I have a valid US visa to the UK High Commission in Delhi but they insisted that I need a transit visa. I went to their Visa Service courier who did a very efficient job but after everything was done, said that in my case they’ll issue a tourist visa. Neither at Delhi Airport nor at Heathrow did anyone check for the damn ‘transit’ Visa!

I guess we should still go by the Consulate’s advice but if one is going to connect flights at an airport with gates most probably within spitting distance of each other, the transit visa appears to be an extra fee generation scheme. I can understand the need for a visa if one’s leaving the airport; anyway, like many things in this process, one takes the transit visa as another travel impediment!

Rjain.

gcbad:

YEs PCC from CGNY is good enough. No need to get local pcc + regional passport pcc since you live in usa.

kd1403

Interview scheduled for 17th.
Reaching Mumbai on June 13th night. Do you think 3 days is enough time to get medicals/ photos done????

amdomd:

3 days should be sufficient for medicals (1 day) and photos (3 hours) assuming there are no medical complications or medical history of contagious nature. If you or your derivative candidates are on medication or have undergone major surgery then carry relevant medical papers from usa and/ or india. If you schedule medicals @ Breach Candy, you can walk to My Own photo studio after physcial check up and click your photos and then go back to BC do rest of your medicals, pick up your medical report by 3pm and then pick up photos from my own photo studio and hence wrap up medicals and photos in 1 day.

All the best..eager to read your success story soon! I am sure you are counting days!

kd1403

Thanks for all your help. Anxiously counting the days. Will write up cp experience when done.

amdomd :)

Guys, any thoughts ..

I have an interesting question. It is regarding current salary.

My employer has given me a raise and I'm getting paid a salary which is very close to what mentioned in Labor, may be 4-5% variation, which I think is okay looking at past Cpers' experience.

However, my pay stub is showing different amounts as salary in each month for last couple of months. I guess the way they counted was number of business days in month based on 8 hours a day multiplied by my hourly rate given by my company....However, I'm not hourly paid employee, I have fixed yearly salary and that is what mentioned in the labor application and my offer letter

My question is does it matter for immigration purposes whether a person is hourly or salaried. If consulate would look my stub, can he raise a question ?