Likey Mumbai CP Interview in April, May, June -2004

I thought currently, we pay $335 for immigration visa and rediff link says that currently people lay $255 and it would increase to $ 315.

I did not get that.

BTW, guys, I called last night to Mumbai Consulate and they still do not have my case number in the system. The DHL tracking number that my attorney gave me, it shows that they received it on 5th April.

I'm just getting impatient, why does it take too long. If they create the case number I want to emai them to request at least a June interview as my wife is pregnant and as days pass by it will be difficult for her to travel.

We will see what happens.

The waiting game....

For the record...
I140 --> AD - 12/23/03
P3--> NVC - 03/15/04
NVC--> RD - 3/29/04
NVC-> BOM - 04/08/04
Case entered @ BOM - 4/15/04
Interview -- June? / July?

Called the Mumbai consulate yesterday (& finally got thru') ; was told I should check back in the 1st week of May for Interview schedule.
All you comrades in same xroads situation -- will keep you posted...

victor:

You dont have to wait for them to receive the reviewed p3. If i were you i would send them an email explaining the situation plus call them as a follow up. Also you may wish to use he fax system.

topnotch:

Sure shot June interview for you. Start hunting for air tickets but dont buy them...simply put ah hold!

Re: The waiting game....

Topnotch,
Even my case was entered somewhere around 4/15/2004..
Lets see when we get our interviews............
Best of luck..

Originally posted by topnotch
For the record...
I140 --> AD - 12/23/03
P3--> NVC - 03/15/04
NVC--> RD - 3/29/04
NVC-> BOM - 04/08/04
Case entered @ BOM - 4/15/04
Interview -- June? / July?

Called the Mumbai consulate yesterday (& finally got thru') ; was told I should check back in the 1st week of May for Interview schedule.
All you comrades in same xroads situation -- will keep you posted...

Interview date question

Hello Everyone!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My case details :

AC -140 case

I-140 - Approved 02/20/04

I-824 - Applied on 03/09/04 . Have the reciept already.

Sent the Packet III information to MUMBAI on 03/24/04.

Case entered in the Mumbai Consulate on 04/05/04.

Interview date June or July ?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was able to cantact that US consulate in Mumbai yesterday. They said that they have my case number and my likely interview date is in June .The lady asked me to call back in the first week of May the see what my interview date is.

I really want the interview date to be in July and possibly after July 10th coz my wife has exams in India(Bangalore) from last week of June to first 10 days in July.

When I called the consulate they state in their recorded message that I need to mail them to mumbaiiv@state.gov to reschedule the interview.

Do you think if I mail them and ask for a postponed interview date specifically in the month of July,will they be able to give me a date between July 10th and July 31st?

Coz if I cant get a date in July I'd rather go for the June date and work around the exams.

What do you guys think is it worth a try ?

Thanks.

Raj

Re: Interview date question

I think you will get a June interview if all the documents are in order. AC 140 interviews get scheduled faster as compared to cases sent from NVC. Postponing the interview should not be a problem. Try calling at 9:15AM IST and you can talk to a live operator. Best of luck....

Originally posted by raj1305
Hello Everyone!!

My case details :

AC -140 case

I-140 - Approved 02/20/04

I-824 - Applied on 03/09/04 . Have the reciept already.

Sent the Packet III information to MUMBAI on 03/24/04.

Case entered in the Mumbai Consulate on 04/05/04.

Interview date June or July ?

I was able to cantact that US consulate in Mumbai yesterday. They said that they have my case number and my likely interview date is in June .The lady asked me to call back in the first week of May the see what my interview date is.

I really want the interview date to be in July and possibly after July 10th coz my wife has exams in India(Bangalore) from last week of June to first 10 days in July.

When I called the consulate they state in their recorded message that I need to mail them to mumbaiiv@state.gov to reschedule the interview.

Do you think if I mail them and ask for a postponed interview date specifically in the month of July,will they be able to give me a date between July 10th and July 31st?

Coz if I cant get a date in July I'd rather go for the June date and work around the exams.

What do you guys think is it worth a try ?

Thanks.

Raj

PCC

I had my original PCC issued in November 2003. Currently waiting for interview date - BMB case number assigned on 04/08/2004. Thanks to KD1403 - he told me that my PCC would not be valid after 180 days.
GETTING NEW PCC:
NO SWEAT!!!!
Take passport and original PCC along with filled out miscellaneous form to nearest Indian Consulate. Pay $20. Give it in the morning and collect new PCC with current date the same evening. Simple and easy!!!
Best of luck guys and gals!!!!

raj:

If you get june interview which appears to me 99% chance and you want to reschedule then email mumbai consulate email that you have mentioned and EXPLICITLY state the reason why you would wish to reshcedule to later that month or next month. Spouses exams is a good enough reason to reschedule. But again the decision to reschedule is the discretion of the consulate!

Birth Certificate affidavit question

CP Gurus,

Need help with affidavit for inconsostencies in information in birth certificate. I am expecting June interview date and I need to get affidavits from India because both my wife and I go by different spellings for our first names as compared to those listed in our BC. Could anyone help me with what kind of wording needs to go into the affidavits from our parents stating the the two names belong to the same person.

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Srisubra

kd1403

Going for AC-140 to Mumbai/ BMB case number assigned 04/08/2004. Expecting June/ July interview.
IN CASE I do get visa revalidated in India this time before the interview - how do I do it????
Original H-1B visa assigned from New Delhi in 1997 for 3 years (based on New Delhi address). Since then got 2 extensions and revalidated visa from Dept. of State successfully. Recently got 6th year extension. Also changed permanent address on passport to address in West Bengal recently.
Questions:
1) Do I get it done at Mumbai/ Delhi or Kolkota???
2) Can I do it by drop box TTS services???
3) What documents do I have to submit other than approval letter?
PS: I don't want to apply for AP.

amdomd:

There is no need to get your h-1b revalidated. I went to india on h-1b approval without getting it stamped in my passport. I attended the cp interview and showed my original h-1b approval document.

Only issue with this scenario is that you may need a transit visa of the country you fly through on way to india.

Originally posted by kd1403

Only issue with this scenario is that you may need a transit visa of the country you fly through on way to india.

Just expect the a** of an immigration officer in India to question you why did U stay in US even though your visa had expired. :D

Hi Alren and KD,

Other than the BS from the immigration officials @ the Indian Airport, is there any issue you see when one goes for the CP interview. My wife’s H4 visa expired in Dec 2003 though we have her I-797 approval, which have no break in status? I’d gotten my H1B stamped in Delhi in Jan 04 whilst on a business trip.

I’m trying to avoid going though the hassle of getting the H4 stamping done in Delhi and then that visa gets cancelled when the GC visa is issued. KD confirmed that there was no issue in his H1 expiry, was suspecting that the same applies to H4; would appreciate a confirmation by someone who faced this situation.

Thx,

RJ

CAse # created

Guys,

My attorney got an email yesterday that my BMB number created for AC-140 case.

I think they received the file on 5th APril and case was created on 20th April.

I'm hoping to get a June interview. If so, then I'm fine but if they give me July then might be a probelm for my wife as she being a pregnant lady.

Originally posted by Rjain2
Hi Alren and KD,

Other than the BS from the immigration officials @ the Indian Airport, is there any issue you see when one goes for the CP interview. My wife’s H4 visa expired in Dec 2003 though we have her I-797 approval, which have no break in status? I’d gotten my H1B stamped in Delhi in Jan 04 whilst on a business trip.

I’m trying to avoid going though the hassle of getting the H4 stamping done in Delhi and then that visa gets cancelled when the GC visa is issued. KD confirmed that there was no issue in his H1 expiry, was suspecting that the same applies to H4; would appreciate a confirmation by someone who faced this situation.

Thx,

RJ

I do not have personal experience with this scenario. However
having read scores of posts about this issue, I can say that,
not having a valid VISA stamp in the passport will not be an
issue.

The one exception would be choosing the route to India because
of some countries' rules about having a valid US visa while
transiting through their airports. Research the forum on this
subject.

Raju

Interview date

Hey Folks,

I spoke to the consulate again this week. The lady on the phone was very helpful. She looked up my case number and asked me what I wanted.

I explained to her that I want to reschedule my interview date in July. Here first response was sure ...you can have the date in July.

After that I asked her if I can ask for specific date. She said they will do everything possible to meet my request. She asked me to write a mail to mumbaiiv@state.gov and specify when I want the interview date to be and the reason.

I have sent out the mail over the weekend lets see what happens.

i'll keep you guys posted.

Raj

packet 3 from consulate

AC-140 (E2) application BMB case assigned 04/08/2004 at Mumbai.

Received packet 3 from consulate today eventhough I had sent it with original application.

Questions:

1) On form DS-2001 - foreign state chargeability - do I enter it as INDIA?

2) Documents mentioned in DS-2001 - do I send copies to the consulate along with packet 3 or do I just present them during the interview???

3) DS-230 part I item number 13 - Present address: Do I put in current US address or address in India.? I noticed in earlier threads of people who have had their interviews mentioned that they were made to change address to an address in India. If so, then do I give my permanent address as documented in my passport (West Bengal)???

amdomd:

1) On form DS-2001 - foreign state chargeability - do I enter it as INDIA?

Answer: Country of primary candidate's citizenship which appears to be india in your case.
==============================================

2) Documents mentioned in DS-2001 - do I send copies to the consulate along with packet 3 or do I just present them during the interview???

Answer: No need unless NVC has requested you too. DS 2001 is a way for the nvc and consulate to confirm that you already have all required documents mentioned in your possession and that you are ready for the interview if and when scheduled. 99% there is no need to mail these documents unless you have been explicitly asked for!

==============================================

3) DS-230 part I item number 13 - Present address: Do I put in current US address or address in India.? I noticed in earlier threads of people who have had their interviews mentioned that they were made to change address to an address in India. If so, then do I give my permanent address as documented in my passport (West Bengal)???

Answer: If you are in india then indian address. if you are in usa then usa address. Present address means current address which means where you stay as on the day when file this form!