Likey Mumbai CP Interview in April, May, June -2004

raj:

Many folks do not even receive email replies back from the consulate. If you are currently in usa and plan to be in usa until your cp interview you will only need 1 pcc from indian consulate which should not be more than 180 days old. If you are in india then you will need 2 pcc's: 1 from local commissioner's office and 1 from regional passport office.

Since bmb number has been assigned, you should apply for pcc as soon as possible since if you apply within usa it takes about 6 weeks to get the pcc and you should be getting interview in about next 10 weeks.

Finally!! Interview Date scheduled for 3rd May. Got the packet 4 delivered to residence yesterday.

I will search through the archives, but any recommendations on where I should do my medicals?

Thanks

Amol,

Congrats!!! You got the packet4 very quickly. Was it delivered to your address in India or USA.

Ash

I finally got through to the mumbai consulate tonite. Got my BMB number and she said that I should expect my interview in June.

Its the home stretch now. Hope I don't hit any more botllenecks.
All the best to all of us.

Thanks.

Originally posted by amolnaik
Finally!! Interview Date scheduled for 3rd May. Got the packet 4 delivered to residence yesterday.

I will search through the archives, but any recommendations on where I should do my medicals?

Thanks

Hey Amol,

Good luck! You might want to look at the info. I have compiled
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=119885

BTW, When was your P3 entered by the consulate?

ASH - Same for you? When was your P3 entered by consulate?

Ash, Amol

Never mind. I saw your info at the begining of the thread.

I was able to reach the cons. few mins back. She refused to tell me when the pkt. 3 was recd. by them.

She said the interview will be around June. She put me on hold to find out why the date is not scheduled yet and said to call back around 10 May. If it is not scheduled by then escalate it to a supervisor.

Sounds pretty fuzzy. She did not even ask my name. I tried to confirm and she said "ah huh!"

amolnaik:

I am sure you are busy reading the good work alren has done by colelcting all good information on one page.

AS far as medicals are concerned, all three places breach cnady, hinduja and lilavati are good. I did at Breach cnady just bcoz breach cnady and my own photo studio (recommended for immigration style photos) is just 500 meters apart. So i got both medicals and photo taking done the same day. HERe's a filmi dialog: "Ek teer aur do nishaan"

Originally posted by kd1403
I did at Breach cnady just bcoz breach cnady and my own photo studio (recommended for immigration style photos) is just 500 meters apart. So i got both medicals and photo taking done the same day. HERe's a filmi dialog: "Ek teer aur do nishaan"

And if the gap between meds and interview is a day or so, (if you are'nt from Mumbai) then you can stay in the same hotel. Breach Candy and US consulate are pretty much a stone's throw away.

Then it would be "Ek teer aur teen nishaan" :p

The mumbai, interview schedule link is not working.

Assume they are updating to the May interviews?

alren:

You are my man! Ek teer aur teen nishaan! Nice one! But no need to do stone throwing either ways!

You seem excited about your latest update which i noticed just now...i can see your face as you head for bbay :D and here is my face:mad: coz i am jealous.

Yes...i think the bbay consulate web site remembered to remove the april interview dates file but forgot to put the may interview dates file. Hence the broken link.

alren:

You are my man! Ek teer aur teen nishaan! Nice one! But no need to do stone throwing either ways!

You seem excited about your latest update which i noticed just now...i can see your face as you head for bbay :D and here is my face:mad: coz i am jealous.

excited! Not really. It seems that I might not be able to take the full vacation I anticipated. But, the primary objective will be complated. So no qualms. On the update, I just put a probable date as, the lady at consulate would not tell me when the pkt. was recd.

You could throw some stones in the Arabian sea though ;)

Originally posted by amolnaik
Thanks Alren.

That post of yours is of great help :)

No problem. My pleasure.

If you are not famaliar with that area in Mumbai, A few of tips. If you have time to kill on by the consulate, Some places to try out :
o Croissants Etc ( I assume it is still there). Indian taste western fast food and delecious pastries.
o Right Place (which is actually left of the cons. when facing away) - Cold Coffee. Boy I still swear by it. I made sure I had it when I went for my H1 stamping in 03/03.
o Eateries next to and around Right Place - Nice Indian and Indianized Western fast food.

Guys:

I called yesterday to Mumbai embassy and they said call after 10 days as it takes time to assign the case number. My DHL tracking number shows that they receive the packet on 5th April.

I was wondering that does it make difference in assigning case number if you're EB-3 or EB-2 .. ?

amdomd,

if I'm not wrong your case number was assigned the next day after they received the packet. Was you case EB2 or EB3 ?

I guess it's just random or does follow any pattern ?

alren:

If i am not mistaken the Croissants no longer exists. Right Place is as crowded as ever.

If you wish you can try sizzlers at good old Kobe's @ Kemps Corner. (less than 5 minutes by cab)

But i totally agree with you on the point that the consulate area has enough for a non-bombayite to do time pass eating and going to discotheques and indulging in funs of life (????.;) )

victor:

I was wondering that does it make difference in assigning case number if you're EB-3 or EB-2 .. ?

Answer: No. After the courier has dropped off the packet, it normally takes about 2-3 weeks for the consulate to review the case and enter in the system if accepted. Dont get excited. Give them some time. It has nothing to do with EB categories.
==============================================

victor:

Answer: No. After the courier has dropped off the packet, it normally takes about 2-3 weeks for the consulate to review the case and enter in the system if accepted. Dont get excited. Give them some time. It has nothing to do with EB categories.
==============================================

kd,
If I am reading this correctly, the fact that a BMB number has been assigned to my case means they have already reviewed my case. So are you saying that a partial decision has already been made by the fact that the case was accepted.

Look forward to going back to Mumbai meri jaan. Just the mention of places like Kobe's, Croissants ect. brings out a lot of fond memories. For those not interested in food there is Priyadarshini Park PDP which is just a beautiful place to hang out, the famous Mahalaxmi temple for some blessings.

Thanks.

gcbad:

1. In case of AC I-140 the consulate first verifies if the applicant is eligible for Mumbai consulate.

2. If yes then checks if all required papers are provided and complete.

3. If yes then enter in the consulate system, issue a BMB number and then email the attorney with BMB number.

4. If no in step 1 or 2 then emails the attorney with reason for AC I-140 application rejection and further instructions.

Gurus, KD and others??--Can you please help

What are the documents needed to file AC-140??

What are the documents needed to file I-824??

My curent details:
H1B1 stamping at mumbai
currently on EAD/AP -pending AOS(I-485)
Greencard processes applied though company A
Currently working for company B based on EAD.