amolnaik,

As kd suggested just approach the Indian Consulate for the PCC,
if you are currently residing in US.

One thing to note here is, in essence the PCC issued by the
consulate is also based on the enquiries by the passport office
and police authorities in India. The Indian Consulate is just a
facilitator.

So to the Consular Officer at Chennai Consulate there is no
difference between the two types of PCCs.

Raju

Realistic timeline for PCC from Indian Consulate

I have read that the Indian consulate can take upto 45 days to provide the PCC. Is that the normal timeline or is it much shorter than that. I have to travel internationally in middle of May and have to also apply for visa's from other nations.

srisubra:

It is normal to get PCC inabut 40-45 days from the date of application assuming your passport was issued by a regional passport office in india (assuming india is your home country). If your passport was issued in usa by indian embassy then you should be able to get the pcc within 1 week by mail or 1-2 days in person.

It should not affect your international travel since you can submit copies of your passport during PCC application and only after 40 days when it is approved mail your original passport for stamping and for the police certificate.

this way can apply for your visa soon enough and then mail your passport for pcc either before or after your international trip

kd1403 and others:

1. Since I am not on an H1, I should write my Indian address on the I-134, correct? or since I have a B1, I could write a US address?

2. On the I-134, for #1, none of a,b,c or d is applicable for me. What should I do?

Few more questions on I-134:

1. Instructions for I-134 say that I need a statement of my employer. I am currently employed in an Indian office of a US company. The name of the company in India is different from the US company (which is really sponsoring my GC). I assume, in this case should I be getting the statement from the US company?

2. Instructions also say 'Statement from an officer of the bank giving following details of your account:
1. date account opened
2. total amount deposited for the past year
3. present balance'
My question is wouldn't just a latest bank statement of my account suffice?

amol:

1. Since I am not on an H1, I should write my Indian address on the I-134, correct? or since I have a B1, I could write a US address?

Answer: Put current address in usa if you plan to be there until your CP approval. It is always recommended to put current address.

==============================================
2. On the I-134, for #1, none of a,b,c or d is applicable for me. What should I do?

Answer: Select d. And in the blank put your visa number along with visa type (B-1)! One gets a A# (alien number) only after getting GC approval. So in your case it is your visa reference number.

3. Instructions for I-134 say that I need a statement of my employer. I am currently employed in an Indian office of a US company. The name of the company in India is different from the US company (which is really sponsoring my GC). I assume, in this case should I be getting the statement from the US company?

Answer: Carry a statements of both and a seperate letter from your employer in india stating the fact that the 2 companies are sister concerns with 2 seperate names. Carrying 1/2 articles along these lines would also be a good thing to have.

4. Instructions also say 'Statement from an officer of the bank giving following details of your account:
1. date account opened
2. total amount deposited for the past year
3. present balance'
My question is wouldn't just a latest bank statement of my account suffice?

Answer: Normally it is recommended to carry latest bank statement plus a letter from the bank manager stating the above details that you mentioned! Most banks have the above details in a template form where thy punch in your bank account number, hit a function key and all details get populated...so check with your bank.

Thanks a lot, kd1403.

Just wanted to confirm: I should still write the Indian company's name as the employer on the I-134, correct?

amol:

Your employment letter which needs to be NOTARIZED should state the sponsoring company's name and in that letter explicitly state the LEGAL relationship between the 2 companies.

I-134 can have your current employer's name and address since this is simply an affidavit of support!

Kd, Raju and other gurus :

I was wondering if having a canadian premenent residency may raise any questions during AC-140 , GC interview?

I know directly it does not have any connection. but just curious !!

Well, I am also canadian PR, I also applied few years back like other Non- immigrant due to lay off threats in USA and I received it last year.

I was jus thinking that US consulate may raise a question the way Canadian consulate asked me when I went for my Canadian PR interview at POE in Toronto that even though you are on work visa in USA , why do you want to move to Canada ?

Do you know if anyone had same situation when they went to US PR interview ?

Thank you for your reply as always .

Hi,
I am very new to this forum. I need little suggestions from you seniors, please advise
Currents status:
I got my labour cleared in Dec 03 and applied for I-140 in jan 04 under EB3 from NVC and planning to go for CP so asked the lawyer to file for I-824.

Q. My H1B (6-year term) is getting expired in OCT 04. and I am expecting that my I-140 might be cleared by that time, so I am thinking to apply for extension of H1B(which I think I should do), so what will happen if I have to travel to India without getting my approved H1B visa and I pray nothing bad happens but in case I don't clear the interview then what happens ?
If I ask my lawyer or employer to post me the approved H1B extension visa, still will it be considered to be valid and will I get stamped or that's it .... the story is over?

Venkat

venkat:

I got my labour cleared in Dec 03 and applied for I-140 in jan 04 under EB3 from NVC and planning to go for CP so asked the lawyer to file for I-824.

Answer: What service center have you applied to for your I-140? Is it Nebraska, Vermont, California or Texas?. Accordingly one can estimate how much time more it will take for your I-140 to get approved. For EB3 I-140, California is taking 12 months, Nebraska is taking 10 months, Vermont is taking 13 months and Texas 14 months from the date of receipt!

Q. My H1B (6-year term) is getting expired in OCT 04. and I am expecting that my I-140 might be cleared by that time, so I am thinking to apply for extension of H1B(which I think I should do), so what will happen if I have to travel to India without getting my approved H1B visa and I pray nothing bad happens but in case I don't clear the interview then what happens ?

Answer: Apply for h-1b extension as soon as possible. It is recommended not to leave usa with an expired H-1B stamped and a pending H-1B extension unless you are heading for india for your cp interview. If you apply for H-1B now you should get it in about 6-7 months approx and then with H-1B approval you can go to india, stay there on vacation and prior to returning get the H-1B approval stamped in your passport from usa consulate which would allow you to re-enter into usa.

If I ask my lawyer or employer to post me the approved H1B extension visa, still will it be considered to be valid and will I get stamped or that's it .... the story is over?

Answer: With H-1B extension pending, you will have no issue leaving usa but if you do so and if your h-1b extension takes time then you cannot return to usa until you get your h-1b approval paper and then go to the consulate for visa stamping.

Thanks kd1403.

Actually I misspelt my service centre it is NSC(Nebraska) and not NVC.

I was told I cannot apply for H1B extension until I reach 90 days prior to the expiration. Do you want me to recheck on this ?

I will act accordingly.

Thanks
venkat

venkat:

I thought one could apply for h-1 extension within 180 days prior to expiration of the h-1b visa. But i may be wrong. Please research in the non-immgrant h-1b thread!!

hey raj:

Take it easy with copy pasting same questions in multiple threads. Your questions have been answered as you requested in one of the threads where you posted!

Hello Everyone!!!

Thanks kd1403 for replying to my questions from yesterday.I have deleted all cut-paste versions of the query I had put on various threads.

Sorry for the confusion. I will write to this thread in future.

raj:

not a problem SIR ...i had done the same when i was a junior member so i feel the pain to get the answers as quick as possible! Take care!!

Got passport with PCC stamped from Indian Consulate in New York by mail today. Do we need anything else for PCC other than the stamp on passport.
Also called IRS for tax transcripts. They will mail for 2001 and 2002. For 2003 the tax return was not processed yet. So planning to take a copy of the actual return for 2003.
Planning to call US Consulate in Mumbai next week to find out the appointment date.

Ash, Kd

What is tax transcripts ?

Do we need to get it for our CP interview ?

Is it something different from copy of out tax returns?

I was under impression that I can take copies of last 3 years tax returns and W-2's and that will do it from IRS standpoint.

Please reply ..Thanks ..

ash:

Apart from pcc stamp in the passport, i am assuming the consulate has mailed you the actual polic clearance certifficate which states that no adverse information was foiund in your regards. If thay have simply stamped but not mailed the pcc then you need to call them and have them mail it to you as pcc is a required document...stamping alone is not sufficient!