Likey Mumbai CP Interview in April, May, June -2004

vm1214 said:
run4hlth,
I was trying to send PM but I think you have not set up the email address like me.
Anyways My med is on July 19th at BC and interview is on 21st so if you are interested in knowing last minute updates let me know I can give my details

Thanks

vm1214,
You should be able to send me a PM by clicking on the dot next to my ID. I 'll reply as soon as I get it. I tried to send you a PM but you don't seem to have that option set. Anyway, hope we are able to correspond.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
generalgccp,

Sorry for late reply. I'm still in India and not able to get on the net everyday. Anyway, my wife's skin test was also positive. The docotor is right it is very normal for indian girls. But what happened in our case that we have been thru the same situation when we had done our Canadian immigration in USA. I don't know whether you are in India or USA. However, my wife has also done sputum test in USA and I was carrying all the results and other things from USA so the doctor at Lilavati just made copies of those results and attached with my wife's report.

To answer your question: It is safe to go thru x-ray with lead protection. But still if you do not want to do that the sputum test results are acceptable to consulate. Ultimately, all they look for is what doctor has to say for candidate's health.

Hope this helps. YOu might be out of this situation already. But if not, and you want more infor or talk to me you can send me PM with your contacts in India and I will check this board tomorrow for sure and will contact you.

Birth Certificates

Guys,

I guess this pertains to most people from India - the birth cetrificates are either issued with names that do not exactly match the name on the passport, or have been reissued at a date later than the birth date. In this kind of case, are 2 notarized affidavits of birth (from parents or relatives), accompanying the birth certificate, sufficient to prove the validity of the birth certificate.

For example, my name in the BC is stated as 'last initial. first name'; and my wife's BC was re-issued about 6 months ago since the original was lost. So are the affidavits of birth sufficient for our case?

Thanks.

Please advise:Can I go for AC I140......

Hello VM1214 & Seniors,

need your expert advice.Please go thru my case situation and advise me.

Details of my Case :

Case EB3 .

Labour approved on August 27,2003(Chicago).

Filed for I-140 and mentioned as CP while filing I-140 - Sept 23,2003(Nebraska).

I-140 approval notice date Feb 20 2004(Nebraska).

Approval notice received by attorney on March 4,2004.

On I-140 approval notice it has been mentioned that my case is being forwarded to Department of State National visa center(NVC),32 Rochester Avenue,Portsmouth,NH 03801-2909 and NVC will send it to the appropriate consular post for furthur processing.

opted for Consular Processing at Chennai,India.
Waited for 75 days ( Feb 20 to May 02) and attorney contacted NVC, who in turn said to contact CIS and when attorney contacted CIS and mentioned that NVC has still not received the case yet, CIS issued a duplicate notice of I-140 approval on May 5,'04 which was received by attorney on May 12,04.
Attorney contacted NVC on August 14,04(As 90 days have passed)and last week NVC sent a letter to him stating that my case has not reached their office and to contact CIS, once again.

Still case is not created at NVC.
-----------------------------
1.)What could be the reason for my case going off track?

2.)What can be done to get the case on track?
------------------------------
Most importantly am planning to go for AC 140, by filing I-824 and AC 140.
Immihelp.com says that Chennai accepts AC 140.

please let me know if this is possible and what is the process for filing AC 140 ?

My email Id :ezdude2005@yahoo.com

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello EZdude,
I am really sorry to read your troubles with NVC, now a days I am reading more often about such issue I have no idea what is going wrong with NVC.

To answer your questions

I am not sure if this helps but as this is going for long time your lawyer can contact/request NVC and ask them if he can send all the related documents submitted for I-140 processing along with the approval letter to NVC so they can start further processing the case.

As you have opted for CP processing right at the begining of your I-140 processing by filing I-824 will not help as I-824 is to inform INS that you have changed your mind from AOS to CP or viceversa.

So it means the doors for AC-140 is also closed for you and more over as far as my knowledge goes Chennai consulate do not accept receipt notice of I-824.

Sorry dude that's all I can tell

ezdude said:
Hello VM1214 & Seniors,

need your expert advice.Please go thru my case situation and advise me.

Details of my Case :

Case EB3 .

Labour approved on August 27,2003(Chicago).

Filed for I-140 and mentioned as CP while filing I-140 - Sept 23,2003(Nebraska).

I-140 approval notice date Feb 20 2004(Nebraska).

Approval notice received by attorney on March 4,2004.

On I-140 approval notice it has been mentioned that my case is being forwarded to Department of State National visa center(NVC),32 Rochester Avenue,Portsmouth,NH 03801-2909 and NVC will send it to the appropriate consular post for furthur processing.

opted for Consular Processing at Chennai,India.
Waited for 75 days ( Feb 20 to May 02) and attorney contacted NVC, who in turn said to contact CIS and when attorney contacted CIS and mentioned that NVC has still not received the case yet, CIS issued a duplicate notice of I-140 approval on May 5,'04 which was received by attorney on May 12,04.
Attorney contacted NVC on August 14,04(As 90 days have passed)and last week NVC sent a letter to him stating that my case has not reached their office and to contact CIS, once again.

Still case is not created at NVC.
-----------------------------
1.)What could be the reason for my case going off track?

------------------------------
Most importantly am planning to go for AC 140, by filing I-824 and AC 140.
Immihelp.com says that Chennai accepts AC 140.

please let me know if this is possible and what is the process for filing AC 140 ?

My email Id :ezdude2005@yahoo.com

Thanks

EZDude2005,

My case is similar to yours.
EB2, TSC, opted for consular at Chennai Consulate, I-140 approved July 26 2004. NVC has still not received the case. Lawyer has faxed copy of I-140 to NVC on Nov 3. We have been unable to talk to the operator directly. We were also thinking about trying the AC-140 route. What happened with your case? Any help is appreciated

Thanks