Likely MAY interview at CHENNAI--> --> -->

Case sent to Madras Consulate on March 6.

Hi! cpDelhi

My case sent to Madras Consulate on March 6.

The time took for sending my documents has met your predictions.

Thanks...

Expect a may interview

SAB-DET,

Congrats for another suuccessful step completion in the grand CP process. I think you have good chances to get an interview in May 2003.

Thanks & good Luck.

Re: Just got hold of my lawyer

Originally posted by getMyGcCp
He gave a reason for my delay in p-3 review. May be it's the same case to you all. I don't know how correct it is but here is his reply.

When you add your wife/dependents in the middle of the process (any time after I-140 approval) NVC requests a GC number from Federal govt(FBI?) for each of the new applicant. As I added my wife in the middle it may take four to five weeks to get GC number from Federal Govt....

Don't know whether it's true or not but that's what he told. Let's see.

Hi:

Just for your info, My wife's P3 was entered on 13th of Jan and I haven't hear anything about the review from NVC yet. I spoke to a live person yesterday, I told her, my case was sent to NVC way long back and I requested to file a 'Service Request' to pull out my case as I am almost through 8 weeks snag... what ever they are saying. Fortunately, she did file a SR (this may be true or not, at least she told me she filed it. ) to see why it is taking so long and asked me to call them back in 10 B'days. So, may be it is good idea to talk to them in person and see what happence. To tell you all, I added my wife's info to my case before I file for I-140. May be it is true they must be looking for some additional info, if you are adding such info during the I-140 stage or after I-140 stage. Bottom line is, NVC is taking too much time than it supposed to be by not reviewing our cases. May god help us...

Sv

AVM says my case is completed on March 6th, 2003. Does it mean my P3 review is completed on March 6th, 2003. Can anyone please let me know?

In order to get interview date from Chennai consulate what number should i provide them? Is it NVC case number that starts with MDR? Also can anyone please provide me E-Mail of Chennai consulate?

Thanks In Advance.

Originally posted by rajkt
AVM says my case is completed on March 6th, 2003. Does it mean my P3 review is completed on March 6th, 2003. Can anyone please let me know?

In order to get interview date from Chennai consulate what number should i provide them? Is it NVC case number that starts with MDR? Also can anyone please provide me E-Mail of Chennai consulate?

Thanks In Advance.

The AVM would have said " Your case was completed on
March 6th, 2003, .......8 weeks .......if you do not receive
anything in 8 weeks, contact NVC .........".

This means the review process is completed.

Next step is the case would be sent to the Consulate, which would happen in roughly 7 to 10 days from the March 6th.

It takes 3 to 5 days for the case to reach the Consualte. Then
they take about 3 days to enter in their system.

You can communicate with Chennai Consulate by referring your
NVC case no, which woulbd MDR followed by 10 numbers.

When sending an email to the consulate, list your case details like
your name in full, the category like E2 or E3 , your NVC case #.

The email addresss is : chennaiiv@state.gov

One more thing! You will not get the interview date yet. They may
indicate the likely month. As I see it, it would be May.

Raju

Last edited by a moderator:
GetmyGcCp,InsVermont,nadan,aneel

I suggest if your p3's do not get reviewed by monday, then ask operator to investigate what is happening with ur case, as 8 weeks is completed. I am sure NVC is lot better than Ins in this matter and will accept ur request and investigate ur case and get it reviewed soon.

Virginia Boy

Pcc from Washington DC

Hi

I submitted my PCC to washington DC around Jan 20th by giving a passport photocopy and till now they have'nt called me back. And their phone number, when i call gives, all sorts of options but no one picks up.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to proceed in DC Indian consulate.

Thanks
Virginia Boy

PCC from Washington DC

Counting the days, it is more than 45 days now.

So, they should be ready to issue the PCC for you.
Keep calling them, or depending on how far you are away
from DC, it would be a good idea to see whether you can go
personally.

The stamping and issue of PCC takes 1 day.

Raju

We need to submit original copy of passport. Not photocopy. Probably, that could be the reason you did not get the feedback. Please call them and talk to embassy guys at DC and tell them that you have sent photocopy of passport. See their response.

I submitted photocopy initially for my PCC. They have called my home and left a message that they need original passport. This was way back in Novemer 2002.

Thanks,
Puli

Original Passport Necessary for PCC

Virginia Boy,

Passport is necessary for getting PCC from Indian Embassy in US.

The consulate puts a stamp on the passport which says that PCC was issued on such date with Indan EMbassy seal on it and also signatures of consulate general of India.

A PCC letter is also issued by the Indian Consulate.

Thanks & Good Luck.

Thanks Puliraju and CpDelhi.

I live far from Indian consulate, DC. SO, when I submitted my application , I had my friend in DC go to the consulate personally and submit the application for PCC. They accepted the application from him and told him that while issuing the PCC, original passport should be given. They also told him that they will call me after 30 to 40 days from Jan 20, when the PCC is ready to be issued. ANd I did'nt receive a call from them till now.

Puli Raju, in your case, you are saying DC consulate did'nt even accept your application when u submitted. And later they called u back aying orginal passport is required for accepting the application. DId I understand u correctly?

Thanks
Virginia Boy

Virginia Boy,

I got my PCC from CGI, San Francisco. I don't live in SFO so at the time of applying I just send photocopies of my passport, reqd. forms and fees. I also did not get any call after 30-35 days instead I called them up after 35 days and they asked me to send the original passport which I did and got back within 2 business days with PCC.

YOu have to call them in case you don't hear from them.

Hope this helps. Good luck

Yes Virginia Boy. Your understanding is correct. I have sent photocopy of passport with $20.00 fee. Embassy guys at DC called me back for two things:
1. Original passport,
and
2. Additional $20.00 (they said fee is $40.00 if the passport are issued by Indian passport office in India. If the passport is issued in USA, I guess, renewal cases, then the fee is @20.00).
After I have sent both, they took 3 weeks to give PCC.

If you don't mind losing $20.00, you can sumbit your application fresh by ignoring the previous one.

Thanks,
Puli.

Thanks Puliraju and Rahul07.

I will contact DC consulate to find out my PCC situation. If they do not answer the phone, I will try to send my friend in DC, along with my original passport.

Thanks
Virginia Boy

virginia Boy,

That would be the right thing to do.

The Consulate needs the original passport for issue of PCC, because they have to put a stamp in it and note the issual of
PCC.

The options available for the applicant with regard to PP are:

1. Send the original with the application itself.

OR

2. Send a photocopy first and then once the Consulate is ready to
issue the PCC:

a) Send the origianal Passport in mail and get it back in mail.

OR

b) Make a personal visit .

OR

c) Send it through a representative.

Raju

an update

Originally posted by Virginia Boy
GetmyGcCp,InsVermont,nadan,aneel

I suggest if your p3's do not get reviewed by monday, then ask operator to investigate what is happening with ur case, as 8 weeks is completed. I am sure NVC is lot better than Ins in this matter and will accept ur request and investigate ur case and get it reviewed soon.

Virginia Boy

I called NVC this afternoon and there is no change in case status. Case recvd. on Jan 10th ... blah.. blah.. 6 to 8 weeks for review.. blah.. blah..

After trying couple of times I got hold of operator and she said as it's past 8 weeks they will put a mark on it for supervisor's attention to see why the case is not reviewd at. And asked me to call after 10 business days.

I asked whether we missed to fill/send any documents or NVC needs any.. she said at this point she can't tell any thing. Mine is straight forward EB2 case. Let's see no hurry going in summer to India though..
But kind of frustarted not knowing what exactly is happening over there..

Thanks,

Thanks Raju595 for the info.

Do you know when exactly does Consulate provide the interview date (i.e March ending or April) if interview date is in May.

Thanks.

Originally posted by rajkt
Thanks Raju595 for the info.

Do you know when exactly does Consulate provide the interview date (i.e March ending or April) if interview date is in May.

Thanks.

After 10th and before 16th of April.