Likely March-April Interview in N Delhi

cpnwd

Registered Users (C)
Starting this thread for CP New Delhi probable candidates, which don't seem to be too many on the thread (just an observation based on number of posts for Delhi Embassy)

I have few questions for paragm and other new delhi cp experience persons?

-Where did to get your photos done?
-Which doctor is suitable for South Extension person?

Any suggestions.

:)

Hi cpnwd,

Congrats on your interview call.
You're perfectly located in South Ext for the pictures/medical.
My parents live in Def Col so everything was convenient for me too.

Get the pictures taken at Kumar Studio in South Ex-II market.
It's in a corner close to D&A shoes. He's very good and knows what he's doing. Just tell him you want green card photos. Even the person at the embassy was complimenting the photos.

For the medicals, I would recommend Dr.Dawesar in Bhikaji Cama Place. I went to Dr.Chawla but did not like him too much. He's primarily for family based cases from Punjab. Even the medical form had the english kind of hidden between the punjabi. Also, he sends you to GK-I for x-rays which is kinda far from Prithviraj road.

Dr.Dawesar has everything close by him.
You can even get an appointment with him by e-mail:
dawesar@vsnl.com

Best of Luck

Thanks kidsdoc!

Thanks paragm!
It is good information.
I would get the photos at Kumar and prefer Dr Dawesar as he is closer to my place.

Few more questions for paragm:

1- Did anyone in the embassy asked you about any other PCC except from the CGI, USA. I mean, did they ask you for a PCC from local authorities in Delhi or any where in India? My concern is: I had stayed in many places in India. In fact, I lived in at least 5 different places for more than 6 months in India (after attaining age of 16 yrs) before coming to USA 4.5 yrs ago. If I have to get the local PCCs for CP, It would take me 2 months to get them, barring the fact that I would be dealing with Police dept in India, esp Northern India.

2- I remember that you had asked on this forum about the VISA to be shown to Indian Immigration persons at the NEW Delhi airport, when returning to USA. How did it go at the airport? Anything interesting and useful to share with us.

thanks!

cpnwd...

1 - If you've lived in the US for the past 4.5 years then you only require the PCC from CGI. You don't need anything from the superstars in India. Just make sure the PCC is less than 6 months old. Obviously, if you've lived in any third country for more than a year, you'll probably need a PCC from there. (kd, please comment if this is incorrect)

2 - Once your visa is approved, you get a sealed envelope with an immigrant visa paper attached on top. This has all the information including your picture and is valid for 6 months. Just show that to the airline and immigration authorities in India. They know what it is...no issues at all.

Parag

Hello,
My parents Case was forward to the New Delhi Embaasy on February 4th 2004.
When should they expect interview.

Thanks

Address changed while waiting for CP

thanks paragm, for the information.

ADDRESS CHANGE BEFORE CP PROCESS: WHERE WOULD GC BE SENT?

I have one general question for any person who has gone through the address change after the case was sent to consulate.

I have moved to a new address 15 days back and expecting to get the CP interview in March. I have changed the address with USCIS by sending them the AR-11 form. But in the original forms filed with NVC and USCIS the address should be the old address.

Where would USCIS send my GCs when I enter USA after CP--to the new address (AR-11 address) or to the old address in the files?

Is there a way to make sure that GCs are sent to the new address?

Anyone with similar situation and experience!
{Any suggestions from KD1403 or RAJU595}

cpnwd:

If you have a copy of your ds 230 part 1 that you submitted with P3 ... complete another ds 230 part i for each candidate on your gc process with new address and submit at the time of the interview and explicitly tell the person who collects the documents and who also does your interview about yoru address change after submitting original ds 230 part 1.

This will work and also make sure that USCIS has received your AR-11 form...

cpnwd,

I concur with what KD suggested above. Normally they do not
collect the 230 Part I (eventhough it is carried by the candidate).
So, enter the new information in fresh forms and swap them at
the time of interview.

Raju

Hello,
If anybody knows the phonenumber in new delhi embassy.
Please let me know, and also the best time to call them.

Thanks

bsingh:

Prefix Delhi STD code and dial 24198062 for delhi consulate! Best time around 8:30 am IST when consulate opens for immigrant questions or around 4pm IST when consulate is ready to close for the day

bsingh:

delhi embassy number is +91 11 2419 8062
call them after 10:00 AM India time. even though they say they answer queries from callers from the US starting at 8:30AM, no one answers the phone till after 10AM.
just be persistent and keep calling starting 10:00AM India time. I was typically able to get through in 20-25 mins.

When should I call New delhi embassy, In order to confirm that they have my file.
NVC forward my parents file to New Delhi embassy on February 5th 2004.
Any feedback is really helpful.

Thanks

bsingh:

Normally it is recommended o give the consulates 2-3 weeks after you have mailed the file/ 2 weeks after they have received the file.

So you can call them towards the end of next week or the week after!

Folks,
Since today I am going to be active in this forum. Recently I came to know about my 140 approval and I don't remember which option I had opted while filing for 140(CP/AOS). But do you know how long does it take if I would like to change to CP and secondly what all possible documents do I need for CP ?.

Any help would greatly be appreciated !

pinshi:

If you had opted for CP then expect CP interview in about 6-8 months.

If you had opted for 485 and now you want to change to CP then you are looking at about 5 months assuming your company files I-824 to change process to AC I-140 and your attorneys file AC I-140 immediately after receiving I-824 receipt and most important assuming your consulate accepts AC I-140.

what consulate do you fall under?

List of required documents for CP INTERVIEW @ indian consulates can be found here:
http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=94430

List of required documents to apply for CP @ indian consulates are:
1. DS 230 Part 1 for regular CP

OR

2. I-824 receipt plus AC I-140 package....

AC I-140 package contains:
http://www.immihelp.com/gc/consular/ac140.html

Hi,

I filed an I-130 for my spouse at the New Delhi Embassy in January. I was wondering if anybody here got the appointment letter from the embassy. Also, could you please post your timelines. Thanks.

MMG