Likely JULY interview -- CHENNAI --- TRACK HERE...

Hi,

As per my job assignments, I stayed in India for more than a year from 2001 - 2002. Is it sufficient if get PCC from embassy Or do we need local police clearances too...?

I heard from my previous colleague, He got clearance certificates from local police districts ... It took him one week time to get clearance certificate.

I have been told by my previous colleague, it takes one week to get PCC and I believed it. At present I am staying in US. What different approaches do we have for PCC? How much time will that take?

Thanks,
Priya

Originally posted by kpriya123
Hi,

As per my job assignments, I stayed in India for more than a year from 2001 - 2002. Is it sufficient if get PCC from embassy Or do we need local police clearances too...?

I heard from my previous colleague, He got clearance certificates from local police districts ... It took him one week time to get clearance certificate.

I have been told by my previous colleague, it takes one week to get PCC and I believed it. At present I am staying in US. What different approaches do we have for PCC? How much time will that take?

Thanks,
Priya

I guess it is enough if you get it from Indian Consulate in USA as you have stayed for more than a year over here. (I presume when you said 2001-2002 it means that early 2002 say jan/feb). If you had been only in India & USA, this is fine I guess. If you have travelled outside I am not sure what the procedure is.

Ususally the PCC issued from India Consualte is as good as the one issued from India for the simple reason that the Indian Consulate in US checks back with the police/passport office in India before issuing the PCC. So, I guess if you get it from Indian Consualte in US, it should be good enough.

Experienced CPers any thought on this?

Cheers,
Ganesh.

Priya,

From what you said it is evident that other than your stay in US the only other country you stayed is India.

The PCC you are going to get through the Indian Consulate is for the period you spent in India.

So, you are fine if you take just the PCC issued by the Consulate.

Raju

Thanks! I didn't know before that consulate will cross check with Indian passort & police. I am planning to mail my passport today. I hope it's not too late to make it for July.

Thanks,
Priya.

Originally posted by cpwaltair2
Originally submitted to NVC on Feb 21st for review

RFE for missing information ( reviewed on MArch 5th)

submitted the requested data on March 25th

review complete on April 7th

If it realy takes 7 days to send the file to consulate and another 7 to enter the system, that will be 21st of this month, more likey a July interview....

Is there a way to know when the case reaches the consulate? I mean dose the NVC AVM updates this message or we have to call chennai?

Thanks,
cpwaltair2

Did you get any further update?

Cheers,
Ganesh.

Hi Ganesh,
I got the message from NVC that the case has been forwarded to Chennai on April 17th. I will be sending an email to them soon.

Thanks,

Newbie.

Hi Everyone!
Let me start by thanking everyone who's been posting on these forums. I've learnt a lot from them, hoping i can also add something to this forum.
I've been a silent viewer for sometime and finally have some details that i can start posting. Doing CP from Chennai.
NVC received(AVR system's response) my DS230-PartI on 21-Apr-03. I'm guessing Aug interview.

Details about me:
Was in US on H1b from 1994-2000. Currently working in Blr,India.
My last company had promised and continued the GC even after i quit. Had some RFE on the i-140. Married, wife included in the i140 stage itself. paid 2x$335. sent ds230-I for both myself and wife.
Trouble spot:
- The company is operating under chap11. They are willing to provide all documents required for interview.
- H1b from different company recently stamped on passport. Will be unused when i go for interview.

Are these serious problems or am i unnecessarily worrying myself?

Dates as far as i can remember.
StL received Check = 4-Feb
NVC generates Pkt3 = 19-Feb
Pkt3 received by agent in US = 14-Mar
Pkt3 Fedexed to NVC from India = 8-Apr
Delay because of Q&As on filling DS230 between myself and Agent.
Fedex delivers at NVC = 10-Apr
NVC AVR's receipt date = 21-Apr.

Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:
Why did you get a new H1b?

They may raise questions re: your new H1b from a different company-atleast it betrays your true intentions and may guide the consular official to scrutinize everything ever so closely-especially the solvency of your sponsoring company. You will have to come up with a plausible explanation. Good luck!

Re: Newbie.

Originally posted by chencp2003

Trouble spot:
- The company is operating under chap11. They are willing to provide all documents required for interview.

During the interview at Consular processing in Chennai, the consualte doesn't care much about the company at this stage because they believe most of the things would have been verified at the I-140 stage (or by NVC). So, I am not too concerned about this. (But I would be concerned at least a little bit on this in conjuction with the following reason )

- H1b from different company recently stamped on passport. Will be unused when i go for interview.

That's interesting. Technically this should not be a problem as the GC is only for a furture employment. So, theoritically you should not be having any problem in that. But I am not too sure.

If I am you, I would be prepared to answer the question on "Why a new H1-B and why I have/have not worked for this new H1-B Sponsoring company? (Plausible answer: My Sponsoring company was in the process of filing my green card and are interested in me joining them once I get my "Immigratant Visa". But during the interim I had a job related travel required to go to US in my current job. Hence they got my H1-B. Later the travel got deferred..... or something on those lines.....)

NVC AVR's receipt date = 21-Apr.

I am not too sure whether you would be able to make it to July interview. You may or may not.... it's a little too tight for a July interview... Usually it takes about 21 days for the review and another 15 days for them to send it to Chennai Consulate.....

Thanks,

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Ganesh.

I called NVC and talked to operator. After the second SR, which was raised on Apr 18, what basically the operator is saying is " shutup and call me after May 2nd". What happens if it is not done by that time " We will put one more Supervisory Review/Request"..well she did not say shutup.
I would be happy, atleast the review is complete and a RFE is given.
My attorney's theory is - randomly cases were reviewed under microscope. Looks like my application from Labor itself sent with a microscope attached ( it started in Aug 2000 ).
So, my drop dead dates are :
May 2nd : time for 3rd SR
May 14/15 : Outsourcing decision by company ( who knows )

Should have gone through AOS route, atleast I would have had EAD. ( I 140 AD : 9/4/2002 )

Originally posted by ssn43017
I called NVC and talked to operator. After the second SR, which was raised on Apr 18, what basically the operator is saying is " shutup and call me after May 2nd". What happens if it is not done by that time " We will put one more Supervisory Review/Request"..well she did not say shutup.

I don't know what to say. All I can say to cheer you up is that there has been instances where people had review pending for over 120 days (i.e. 4 months). But most of them got a favourable reply. So, hopefully things work out for you and I pray ur review gets done by may 2nd.

I would be happy, atleast the review is complete and a RFE is given.
My attorney's theory is - randomly cases were reviewed under microscope. Looks like my application from Labor itself sent with a microscope attached ( it started in Aug 2000 ).

Yeah.. sometime it is. Again to be optimistic, this could probably be a blessing in disguise.

So, my drop dead dates are :
May 2nd : time for 3rd SR
May 14/15 : Outsourcing decision by company ( who knows )

Should have gone through AOS route, atleast I would have had EAD. ( I 140 AD : 9/4/2002 )

Keep the spirits up buddy. Hopefully your would be taking up the interview with the July guyz!!

Cheers,
Ganesh.

Originally posted by cpwaltair2
Hi Ganesh,
I got the message from NVC that the case has been forwarded to Chennai on April 17th. I will be sending an email to them soon.

Thanks,

cpwaltair2,

Congrats. Check with Consualte when your probable dates are and keep us updated. I am hoping for a july interview.. let us see....

Cheers,
Ganesh.

Called up NVC today and spoke to an operator. (The AVM seem to be offline today.).

My case has been forwarded to Chennai Consulate as of yesterday (April 24, 2003)

Here is a recap of my details:
Here are my details ( available in cptracker.com too)
---------------------------------------------------------
Service Center: NSC
Category: EB2
Total applicants: Myself & my wife
---------------------------------------------------------
NVC Issue Fee Receipt:................... 2/06/2003
Fee Bill Received from NVC:.............. 2/18/2003
Fee Bill sent to St. Louis:................. 2/18/2003
Fee Bill Reached St. Louis:................ 2/19/2003
St Louis Notify NVC:........................ 2/28/2003
NVC Creates Packet 3:..................... 3/10/2003
NVC Sends Packet 3:....................... 3/14/2003
Packet 3 Received from NVC:............. 3/24/2003
Packet 3 Sent to NVC:..................... 3/25/2003
Packet 3 Reached NVC:.................... 3/26/2003
Packet 3 Entered in NVC System:....... 4/03/2003
Packet 3 Review Completed:.............. 4/17/2003
Packet 3 Mailed to Chennai:............... 4/24/2003

List of most likely's for July:

People Who are slated for July Interview: (most likely)
------------------------------------------------------------------------
userid -- Date case was sent to Chennai Consualte from NVC.

cpwaltair2 -- 04/17/2003
kpriya123 -- 04/17/2003
bvganesh -- 04/24/2003

Anybody else missed out?

Cheers,
Ganesh.

cpwaltair2 -- 04/17/2003
kpriya123 -- 04/17/2003
bvganesh -- 04/24/2003
chennupandu -- 04/24/2003

The maigc words atlast

Got the message "Your case is completed on Apr 29" from NVC AVM. I will take it as review completed and no RFE.
At least I can book the tickets for family to fly now peacefully.
Can I expect the July interview ?
Thanks to all those on the board and friends for keeping my hopes alive.

Congratulations!!

hello ssn43017,

Yes!! The review of your case has been completed. I had the same doubt when my AVM said that my case was completed on 04/17/2003. (I had a doubt that it was RFE as it took only 14 days to review the case!!).

I had called NVC and talked to them. The lady over there said that my case was completed. I mentioned that I there was a RFE as my case completed at a brisk pace!! She said if there is a RFE then the AVM would say that there is an document pending or something like that.

So, relax buddy and once again congratulations. I am sure that you would get the July boat along with us.

Hope to see you in Chennai.

Btw, if possible add your details to cptracker.com

Cheers,
Ganesh.

cpwaltair2 -- 04/17/2003
kpriya123 -- 04/17/2003
bvganesh -- 04/24/2003
chennupandu -- 04/24/2003
ssn43017 -- Review completed on 04/29