Likely JULY interview -- CHENNAI --- TRACK HERE...

LIST OF DOCUMENTS

This has moved to begining of the thread!!

Cheers,
Ganesh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good job , Ganesh!

Appreciate the effort!

A small note to all candidates. Make a small note to yourself
about the Original documents that you should ask for return
at the counter.

Or give this note to your spouse and ask her/him to remind you.

In the excitement it is easy to forget.

Thanks a bunch Raju,

We all do appreicate your untiring efforts. I have added your note of the reminder!!

Cheers,
Ganesh.

Thanks Rajeev,

What I have done here is nothing but consolidation of the info found in the various threads.

This fourm has grown to become an invaluable resouce. Thanks to Khanna.

Cheers,
Ganesh.

hi- May I join you all ?

Hi,

My p3 got reviewed on April 30th, 2003. Can I hope for a july interview ? Please advice.

-Kant.

Re: hi- May I join you all ?

Originally posted by kant
Hi,

My p3 got reviewed on April 30th, 2003. Can I hope for a july interview ? Please advice.

-Kant.

For you, getting a July interview is almost certain.

People Who are slated for July Interview: (most likely)
------------------------------------------------------------------------
userid -- Date case was sent to Chennai Consualte from NVC.

cpwaltair2 -- 04/17/2003
kpriya123 -- 04/17/2003
bvganesh -- 04/24/2003
chennupandu -- 04/24/2003
ssn43017 -- Review completed on 04/29
kant -- Review completed on 04/30

can someone please clarify

Hi,

My wife's father's last name (ie her grandfather's first name) is different in the birth affidavit and the marriage certificate. Her birth affidavit uses the same last name as it appears in her father's passport - while the change is not drastic , the last name has been shortened- MY attorney asked me to use the same name as it appears in the affidavit. But to be on the safe side, do I need to obtain any certified document attesting that one name is an alias for the other ? Is such a document template available ? Is this exercise even necessary - should I just trust what my attorney says about this one ? Please advise.

-Kant.

Packet 3 Entered by NVC - May01,2003. Taking the avarage times for processing it looks like I will get an interview at Chennai not before August. But when filing my Packet 3, my lawer requested for a earlier July interview(request to the consulate). The reason given is childrens' school which opens in August. Any one has any idea if this is going to work? Did you guys know any such instances getting the nod? Please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Consider this...

The discretion lies with the consulate, not NVC. The consulate has to request the number of visas(GC) every month by a certain date 2 months before the interview month. So, if your review is completed by May 10th-15th, chances are that your case will reach the consulate around the 20th of this month, which puts you at good odds of getting an interview in July. However, if this timeline gets delayed by a few days, your case will get to the consulate after the deadline to request visas from the state dept-hence making it impossible to get an earlier interview. Once the case gets to the consulate and you know the likely month of interview, you can request an interview in a certain part of the month and with good reason, the consulate will accommodate your wishes. Hope this answers your question.;)

Re: can someone please clarify

Originally posted by kant
Hi,

My wife's father's last name (ie her grandfather's first name) is different in the birth affidavit and the marriage certificate. Her birth affidavit uses the same last name as it appears in her father's passport - while the change is not drastic , the last name has been shortened- MY attorney asked me to use the same name as it appears in the affidavit. But to be on the safe side, do I need to obtain any certified document attesting that one name is an alias for the other ? Is such a document template available ? Is this exercise even necessary - should I just trust what my attorney says about this one ? Please advise.

-Kant.

You are right in using the name as it is spelt out in the affidavit.
If the difference is minor as you suggested, then it can be explained and the consulate should not make an issue out of it.

Normally they would be used to seeing minor differences in the documents.

When I say minor they are like this:

Varadaraj ( Varadarajan) , Chary ( Charyulu ) ,
and so on.

The affidavit is itself a self declaration for correctness of his name.

This should not be a problem..

Raju

The discretion lies with the consulate, not NVC. The consulate has to request the number of visas(GC) every month by a certain date 2 months before the interview month. So, if your review is completed by May 10th-15th, chances are that your case will reach the consulate around the 20th of this month, which puts you at good odds of getting an interview in July. However, if this timeline gets delayed by a few days, your case will get to the consulate after the deadline to request visas from the state dept-hence making it impossible to get an earlier interview. Once the case gets to the consulate and you know the likely month of interview, you can request an interview in a certain part of the month and with good reason, the consulate will accommodate your wishes. Hope this answers your question.

Rajiv, Thanks a lot for making it very clear what goes on behind - Ram1329

Police certificates

Hello

I just found out about this discussion board and cptracker recently. Too bad, I missed out on valuable information all these days. I have gone through some discussion threads here, its really very good support structure that you all built here.
thanks so much.

I have couple of questions, can someone please let me know if you have any suggestions.

1) I heard that sometimes at the consulate, they ask for "Degree Validation" or a sealed official transcript of your undergrad degree. I did my Master's in the U.S and have a sealed transcript of that. Would I still have to get one for my undergrad degree?

2) PCC from Hyderabd - I got a PCC from Houston Indian Consulate and my lawyers sent a copy of that along with the Packet 3 to NVC. Would I need to get another local PCC from Hyderabad also? And if yes, would it be from the Passport office or Police department? I am having a tough time with that, since they changed the rules in Hyderabad now and need the person to be there and takes about two weeks to get it.

Can someone please advise
thank you!!

Re: Police certificates

Originally posted by cp_chennai_hyd
Hello

I just found out about this discussion board and cptracker recently. Too bad, I missed out on valuable information all these days. I have gone through some discussion threads here, its really very good support structure that you all built here.
thanks so much.

I have couple of questions, can someone please let me know if you have any suggestions.

1) I heard that sometimes at the consulate, they ask for "Degree Validation" or a sealed official transcript of your undergrad degree. I did my Master's in the U.S and have a sealed transcript of that. Would I still have to get one for my undergrad degree?

Degree certifcates are not a required doc for CP interview. These are supporting docs, which the Consular officer might ask or you may show to support your answer. The degree certicate is enough to show that you had done a successful undergrad from INdia or US. Usually, if you have done Grad college from US, the degree certifcate should be enough. You may take transcripts, if you really want but the degree certificate should suffice the need to prove your educational backgrounds.

2) PCC from Hyderabd - I got a PCC from Houston Indian Consulate and my lawyers sent a copy of that along with the Packet 3 to NVC. Would I need to get another local PCC from Hyderabad also?

If you are presently in US, then all you need is a PCC from Indian Consulate in US and don't require additional PCC from local city in India. Make sure the PCC from Indian Embassy/Consulate was issued within last 6 months on the date of your interview.

And if yes, would it be from the Passport office or Police department? I am having a tough time with that, since they changed the rules in Hyderabad now and need the person to be there and takes about two weeks to get it.

No PCC from Hyderbad is necessay/reqiuired for your case. Don't sweat over it.

Can someone please advise
thank you!!

Packet 3 - Entered NVC - 01st May, 03
Review Complete - 06th May, 03
Believe it or not guys, NVC is acting at rocket speed.
--- 5 or 6 days?...... I haven't expected and casually out of habit called the automatic voice system.......
As Rajiv mentioned earlier, I can expect JULY intervew at Chennai?? - Ram1329

Congradulations Ram1329,

It is surprising. I was also surprised when the review was done in 14 days when the average time was about 21 days then....

Best wishes and get geared up for the July interview.

Cheers,
Ganesh.

People Who are slated for July Interview: (most likely)
------------------------------------------------------------------------
userid -- Date case was sent to Chennai Consualte from NVC.

cpwaltair2 -- 04/17/2003
kpriya123 -- 04/17/2003
bvganesh -- 04/24/2003
chennupandu -- 04/24/2003
ssn43017 -- Review completed on 04/29
kant -- Review completed on 04/30
ram1329 -- Review completed on 05/06