Likely Delhi Interview (July, August 2004)

Guys!!

Can we finish the name check process in US ..I mean before leaving for an interview to New Delhi??

Thanks

rseth123 said:
:( Guys !!! Please comment on Name Check process....

rseth,
I don't think this process can help you better, if consulate feels they need to do it for you they will do it from their side, you being proactive may not help.

thanks

Thanks VM

vm1214 said:
rseth,
I don't think this process can help you better, if consulate feels they need to do it for you they will do it from their side, you being proactive may not help.

thanks

Name Check Cleared

Folks,

I’m all set to travel today!!

It seems that my meeting yesterday with the Indian officer was the turning point – I showed her the tickets and pleaded the urgency that I need to be in the office on Monday. I suspected something good will happen when she gave me her direct # instead of the general inquiry #.

I called her at 8:30 a.m. today and she said to call me in 15 minutes. She confirmed that everything is fine and that I can collect the visa between 4-4:30 today!!

Now that this mess is over I’m going out to do some shopping and to celebrate with some friends. Will be in the US on Sunday.

Thanks for all the support.

Cheers,

Rjain2

Successful CP Interview

Folks,
I interviewed successfully on the 7th.
It was a sort of anticlimax as I was asked only one question "Are you Pitambar Lal"?
The visa officer (of Indian descent) then launched into a conversation with my son about his school etc.
To my surprise he asked me to pick up the visas at 4:30 PM, and gave me a red slip that read PERSONAL PICKUP #08023.
I went to the Embassy at 4:30 and was the only one to pick up the immigrant visa from inside the Embassy. There were about four Nonimmigrant pickups but from outside the embassy.
Will write a detailed account when i get back on the 12th.

P_L

wdcpost said:
Thanks again,
I can download Ds-2001 but where could i get the PCC application ? Is that a Downloadable form ?or its a standard format that we can get it from somewhere ? :confused: :confused:

You will the PCC application form from the Local Police Station. I don't think it is a downloadble form. At least, Delhi Police is not that hi-tech yet :D

sm_delhi

Good News!!

hi,
had successful interview today.actual interview was of just 2-3 mts.asked about my job,job responsibilities and few q's not directly related with my petition.
will post detailed experience soon.too tired to actually enjoy the moment.
good luck to rest of cpers.
austin.

Congratulations Rjain, P_L, and Austin!!

Rjain,
Don't you think you have hardly much time left for partying there ? :D
Good job on your follow up, dude! We must also admire those officers who worked so fast! Congratulations!

P_L,
Now we know you will not be drowning your sorrows :cool:
Congratulations!

Austin,

Congratulations! Please share more details.

Conratulations to Pitamber, Rajan and Austin.

These successes are making future CPiers more confident.

GC Hope

Conratulations to Pitamber, Rjain and Austin.

These successes are making future CPiers more confident.

GC Hope

Preparing documents for Interview

I have a couple of questions and I would really appreciate any replies

1. What is form OF 171 & what is appointment letter. ?
I got packet 4 by sending a relative to consulate to pick it up. So I have a typed letter addressed to me saying that "This office is ready to begin final processing...." signed by Chief, Immigrant Visa Branch.
I believe this is the appointment letter.

Along with this I have some printed stationary which contain documents required, photo instructions and doctors list etc. But none of the forms say OF-171. I am stumped here?

2. Do I need IRS 9003? (I Presume no based on earlier thread but am still asking it. Better me sure than sorry) and If I shd take is shd it be notarized?

3. Mine is regular employment based regular NVC-->Consulate case. Do I need I-864 either for me or for my wife? I have read the requirement of this over and over but I still have no clue?

4. My wife is currently on H4. So I presume I need to prepare Affidavit of support for her. What form do I fill for that? (is that I-134?)

Thanks in advance for your replies.

njcpdel said:
I have a couple of questions and I would really appreciate any replies
1) That's the pages 1 & 2 of your P4. The cover letter is appt. letter and the following sheet is OF171.
2) No
3) No
4) Yes

hi,
thanks to all.you can read the detail of my experience in another thread which is "Successfull interview at ND on 9 july"
all the best.
austin.

CP experience details

Hi CPers,

I’m summarizing my experience for the CP @ New Delhi. Please note, that there are some minor differences in my experience than other’s with the infamous ‘name check’ as the coup-de-grass! Anyone reading these experiences should take appropriate precautions for their own case and be overprepared, e.g. the doc list is not exhaustive as they can ask for more docs or support or the average time for name clearance is not clear -- they say 20 days so keep the maximum buffers for your return if possible.

I also want to thank seniors KD, Raju, Alren, VM, etc. and contemporaries such as Austin, P_L, njcpdel, rseth, etc. who kept a good info exchange going and sorted out the issues quickly!! Future Delhi CPers will not face a info. vaccum when looking for recent Delhi experiences!! Good luck to everyone waiting for their interview or clearances!! Also hearty thanks go out to Rajiv Khanna for hosting this portal.

Cheers,

Rjain2.

Last edited by a moderator: