Likely Delhi Interview (July, August 2004)

Two interview dates

Austin,

Today my lawyer informed me that he has received an email from the Embassy that my interview is scheduled for July 7, whereas I received an email from the Embassy that my interview is on August 2.
I believe you too have two interview dates. What are you doing about this?
Please let me know.

Pitambar_Lal

hi folks,
my confusion is still there 'cause as usual no one picked the phone at ND.so i'm going to wait for my pkt 4 to reach or wait for the list to be published on site.
Rjain2,how should i get confirmation for july 9 as u have suggested?
also,i did bugged them alot with emails starting from last week.but all responses i got (i.e.four emails which i received)were on 18 june only.i definately will go in july 9,if possible.
austin.

P_L,
what are u planning to do about it as u mentioned earlier that u prefered aug date?did your lawyer said anything regarding two interview dates?
my guess is may be they just gave aug dates to all remaining EB cases of april-may or may be their is an error in there system or someone has postponed from july dates so they adjusted others in.but i'll request all the candidates who got aug 2 date to reconfirm it.
austin.

austin316 said:
hi folks,
Rjain2, how should i get confirmation for July 9 as u have suggested?
also, I did bugged them alot with emails starting from last week. but all responses i got (i.e. four emails which I received)were on 18 June only. I definitely will go in July 9,if possible.
austin.

Hi Austin,

Your situation seems to be a real dilemma (I don’t recollect reading anything like this before in the forums!!). One approach may be to wait till Monday (when the July list is forecasted to be published) and then see if your case is listed. Most probably the July P4 should also arrive in a day or two. If your case # is not listed, then you’re on for August. Obviously if your lawyer or you could talk to someone that’ll be the best choice but we know how difficult it is to do that.

The other option is that if a representative of yours can go to the information window of the embassy with your case # @ 2 p.m. and talk to the officer there. This way at least you’ll get a direct response.

Rjain

Last edited by a moderator:
Austin,

I really do not know what to do. I think I too will wait for the July dates to be published, and if my case# is on the list i will go in July. There is no point in taking any "risks". The problem is reservations. I hope tickets are available around the 30th or 31st.

P_L

hi,
i'll wait for tomorrow(if only the list is published tomorrow)otherwise i'll again send an email for reconfirmation of interview date.but i surely would request them for july date only.
will keep u guys posted.thanks for support and your views.
austin.

hi rjain2 and P_L,
any info about when exactly this pkt 4 is issued or sent.is it done the same moment the date is decided or within 1-2 days of it?'cause in all the emails i got,rest of the stuff is same(we are pleased .....consular will detemine.......notification of appt.has been sent to u.....)except the dates mentioned.i mean even if they have changed the date from 2 aug to 9 july hopefully they don't send two pkts.don't actually feel it's possible,just guessing.
also would like to know from P_L,when did u get info about interview date and when did u changed it to aug(as u mentioned that u got july 1 date then u changed to aug 2 and again your lawyer got info about july 7)if possible can u mention the date and time?
thanks.
austin.

Hi Austin,

In my P4 cover letter, the date on the letter is early June, but the DC postmarked date is June 16th. One can assume that they must collect all the letters for that month and send them to D.C. in a "air pouch", and then their D.C. office (Dept. of State) distributes them via USPS. We will not know where the delay is but may be the instructions are to mail it from D.C. at a particular time; read in some other forums that the p4s are received @ 20th. Since I’m in D.C. metro area it came faster for me.

Looks like Monday is going to be a critical day for you guys to find out what’s going on. Good Luck!!

Rjain.

so many august 2nd dates look suspicious ...
i am wondering if somebody made a copy-paste error
in replying to emails....maybe forgot to change the dates....

also, the july dates have not been posted yet and they
are ready with august dates...very efficient !!!!!!!!

Austin,

I called the Embassy on 13th night and was told orally that my interview was on 1st July. I requested that the date be changed to a later date. I was told to send a letter or email requesting a change of date. I sent an email requesting the change and my lawyer sent one too. However, I received a reply that the interview date was August 2nd whereas my lawyer received a reply that it was July 7th. I hope they post the July dates soon.

P_L

The interveiw page of the ND site is down -- hopefully they are updating the site with the July schedule.

hi,
no update till now on interview dates of ND.
i also agree with Midelhi,regarding efficiency of ND in giving aug dates in advance.that is pretty suspicious.
austin.

I am wondering if anybody has suggestions for
hotels in Delhi.
I know there were some posts about this but I am not able to locate them

thanks

Hi MI,

I’m not sure which one to recommend because Chankakya Puri is in the diplomatic area (expensive area) with Taj Palace and Maurya nearby. The two more economically priced ones that I can think of are Samrat and Rajdoot (less the 3 kms. away with no rush hour concerns.) I tried a google search for Samrat booking and found some $71 nightly deals.

Anyone else may have more specific hotels that they may have used.

Good Luck!

Rjain.

Empl Letter Salary slightly less than labor

Hi folks,

It looks like Delhi’s interview update is having problems!!

I was pondering the salary question on the Employment Letter. My current salary is about 3% less than the labor salary, since the salary has to go in two notarized documents – Employment letter and affidavit of support, should we stick to the current salary on these documents or should we put the labor salary? The support from the pay stubs & W2 is also for the current salary.

How religiously do we need to stick to labor salary, considering that everyone is aware of the tight economy and I read that up to 5-10% variation in salary is passable – mine is just a 3% difference.

What do experienced folks think about the salary # for the employment letter if the salary is slightly lower than the labor.

Rjain.

Labor salary is important factor

Rjain2,

I would put the labor salary in all the documentation as its the basis of the GC process. Nobody does math at the interview to find the difference. If at the interview the salary question does come up just explain, but I wouldn't do it in the documents and any letter of support (affidavit).

Thanks and Good Luck.

Rjain2 said:
Hi folks,

It looks like Delhi’s interview update is having problems!!

I was pondering the salary question on the Employment Letter. My current salary is about 3% less than the labor salary, since the salary has to go in two notarized documents – Employment letter and affidavit of support, should we stick to the current salary on these documents or should we put the labor salary? The support from the pay stubs & W2 is also for the current salary.

How religiously do we need to stick to labor salary, considering that everyone is aware of the tight economy and I read that up to 5-10% variation in salary is passable – mine is just a 3% difference.

What do experienced folks think about the salary # for the employment letter if the salary is slightly lower than the labor.

Rjain.

I saw somewhere in the list about when the papers are couriered back after the interview but cant find it. If everything goes alright on 8.2.04 can i expect the paperwork back by 48hours? I am planning to fly back on the 5th night-6th morning. is that too close?
appreciate anybody's help

cpDelhi said:
Rjain2,

I would put the labor salary in all the documentation as its the basis of the GC process. Nobody does math at the interview to find the difference. If at the interview the salary question does come up just explain, but I wouldn't do it in the documents and any letter of support (affidavit).

Thanks and Good Luck.

Hi CPDelhi,

Thanks for the response, was more worried about the I-134 salary. My lawyer explained that the offer letter has to be based on the LC sal, the I-134 could be current sal; so I'm still a little confused on the I-134 sal.

Rjain

tenzing said:
I saw somewhere in the list about when the papers are couriered back after the interview but cant find it. If everything goes alright on 8.2.04 can i expect the paperwork back by 48hours? I am planning to fly back on the 5th night-6th morning. is that too close?
appreciate anybody's help

Tenzing,

The courier back of IV papers is a relatively new deal @ Delhi (since May 3 2004 only). Haven't seen any post on someone writing about their IV experience since May @ ND so one will be guessing as to the return time -- if the dispatch is to a Delhi address then 48 working hours should be sufficient.

Rjain.

I-134 is just a affidavit of support

Rjain,

I-134 is just the affidavit of support and it can have the current salary + other source of income in your household. GC process in not based on the I-134 salary figures. Since the difference is only 3% and this amount can come from other sources likes investment, etc. just put the same LC salary amount in the I-134 also just to avoid any questions that might catch the immigration officer sight.

Employment based immigration is a very safe route compared to the family bases immigration and I-134 affidavit of support plays a important role in the family based immigration. Immigratiom officer knows that an employment based immigrant and it's dependents will not be a burden on the government because of his/her qualifications. So don't worry too much about it.

Thanks & Good Luck.

Rjain2 said:
Hi CPDelhi,

Thanks for the response, was more worried about the I-134 salary. My lawyer explained that the offer letter has to be based on the LC sal, the I-134 could be current sal; so I'm still a little confused on the I-134 sal.

Rjain