Likely Delhi Interview (July, August 2004)

Thanks Rjain. I heard other than Appolo hospital you have to go to a separate place for x-rays. So thats why I was thinking that I get it done in Appolo. The staff told me that reports should be ready in two business days. Any other reason one should choose Dr. Daweshwar?

SKB

Hi SK,

Dr. Dawesar told me that the x-ray lab is 10 minutes away so should not be a major inconvenience. For me, Apollo is very far and when I’d been there to visit some relatives it was very crazy place with throngs of crowd so I was trying to avoid it. I haven’t come across any comments on Apollo from any previous Cpers so must be good going by its general reputation. I read good comments about Dr. Dawesar in the forum so picked her as opposed to the other two who did not have favorable feedback so avoided them.

At the end, choose whoever is convenient to you whilst tackling Delhi heat and soon rains.

Rjain.

cp interview

i have been following the other forum on this site but just saw this more "recent " thread...congrats to those who have their dates...myself am hoping for July IV too..but awaiting the web posting which may happen any day now..is that correct..also will appreciate if u know wether all packet 4's are mailed together..which could be a better indicator and may happen before the web post?....also will appreciate if u could post a list of the phot studios most commonly used by people in the past..thanks.... :)

Hi Elector,

Glad that you could join the forum. The Photo studio of choice seems to be Kumar Studio in South Ex; I saw someone also mention Rama Studio in Bengali Market.

Not sure about P4 mailings, I got mine locally picked up by a friend @ the Embassy. Have you sent any email or tried calling them (a very frustrating experience in getting connected) to see when your date is? Delhi always seems to be the last in announcing their list officially so getting a heads up by an email is necessary.

Rjain.

hi,
it's too frustrating to wait.i'm sending email almost everyday but no response.think i should just wait for there site to publish july dates.but i feel it's too late for me to expect july date now.another month now.
austin.

Delhi CPers,

I was originally assigned July 1st, but because of work related reasons cannot make it at that time. So the Embassy accepted my plea and has already given me a new date, August 2nd. If anyone else is interviewing on that date please let me know.

Congratulations and Best of Luck to all folks who are interviewing in July. I hope you will keep us updated on your experiences.

Pitambar_Lal

Guys

I also got a reply from Delhi consulate and I am scheduled for Aug 2. So Pitambar we will most probably cross path there since I am schedules for 8:00 AM and as I gather it does take a couple of hours at the consulate.

Hi Pitambar and NJCPDEL,

Glad to note that you’ve got the dates, guess from day’s elapsed perspective – August 2 is close enough to the July projection that we were making 2 months back. Guess Delhi is taking it’s own sweet time to publish the July dates, the previous dates of publication were April 27th and May 21st so hopefully early next week we should see the results.

Cheers,

Rjain.

Unbelievable But True!

hi,
finally i got response to my emails but that has created even more confusion 'cause guess what, i got two emails giving my interview date as 2 Aug and next two emails saying that my interview will be on 9 July.so total four emails.
i requested for an early july date but will actually confirm for this thing.
anybody else having similar experience,please share your views.
cheers.
austin.

Hi Austin,

Looks like August 2 seems to be a type of a default date. If July 9th fits into your timeline, try to get a confirmation for that.

Rjain

me too...me too.

I received a reply from US embassy saying my date is August 2, 2004. :D
My NVC sent date was 05/05/04

Hi,

This is like a mystery novel where the plot keeps thickening – it seems like there’ll be a party on August 2nd @ Shanti Path with Pitambar, Austin, MIDelhi, NJCPDEL, etc.!!!

Anyone can guess why August 2nd seems to be very popular for interviewing??? :rolleyes:

Bye,

Rjain

Last edited by a moderator:
yesterday, I used rjain's art of putting URGENT with case number in subject line.
i received a response with a interview date within 12 hours

Bundling effect

It looks like US consulate New Delhi is trying to bundle the CP interview for Employment for August 2. All of the CP gang who have interview day can plan to have a "gala" time after the successful interview and some networking too.

Congratulations to all of you and Good Luck.

Thanks.

Hi Drak and others,

I suspect that the policy seems to be responding to emails either if there is an expressed urgency or that the schedule has been finalized. The default email is that we’ll be scheduling the interviews in the forthcoming months. This seems like good business practice especially for an organization, which must be getting inundated with emails. Publishing their list earlier like Chennai would alleviate this issue to some extent. (My urgency was that my family is going to be in Delhi during July and have children who’ll have to miss school if the interview slips towards the latter part of summer.)

Since we’re seeing many people with responses to their emails happen in the last day, leads one to suspect that we’ll see the published list very soon!

Rjain.

I have an appointment date 8.2.04. my case is employment based E2. plan to reach delhi 7.26.04. Have not decided where to go for medical. plan to leave ? 8.6.04. hopefully there wont be any problems.
my case was sent to ND consulate on 4.22.04. do not have other details as my lawyer was doing everything and I did not keep up with all the paperwork
would appreciate any tips on getting medical done fast like in one day.

Hi Tenzing,

I talked to Dr. Dawesar, she takes 48 hours for the results of a skin test to come through (TB test) before preparing the report. SKB got a similar turnaround for Apollo Hospital.

My lawyer says that beside HIV, TB is the most important concern for contagious disease perspective. There are very few recent experiences for Delhi CP so even if the other 2 doctors might give back the report quicker; you seem to have enough time to get your medicals done. (I read one or two experience with the other doctors as not been very complimentary so decided on Dr.D.).

Rjain.

MiDelhi

What is the email address of Delhi Consulate?

Thanks

MiDelhi said:
yesterday, I used rjain's art of putting URGENT with case number in subject line.
i received a response with a interview date within 12 hours

P4 received

Folks,

I received the appointment letter and the Packet 4 that was mailed from Embassy today. It came in a standard white envelope and was mailed from Washington D.C. on the 16th by First Class Mail. It was mailed from Delhi to D.C. by ‘airpouch’ and then followed the normal USPS service.

The information in Package 4 is pretty close to their website. Some quick observations:

Fees - -mentions that if $335 was paid to NVC then no payment is required @ the post. (There was some discussion about this in the Chennai forum; hopefully this explanation should remove any ambiguity).

Medical fees expected are mentioned by exam, x-ray, type of immunization, etc.

Two sets of blank DS230 forms are enclosed.

Thus there are no surprises and am glad that the formal appointment is in hand.

Rjain.