How is this thread going to help you?

• To get required info

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • To discuss common issues

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters
Flight tickets for December

Hi,
I finding tough time to get tickets here. Can some body suggest better travel agent and also share your experiences?

Tickets in Dec to MAA

Tickets to India in Dec seem to be very tough.

Going via the Atlantic (I'm on the east coast), looks like all British Airways and Luthansa tickets are pretty much gone for Dec.

Tickets via BOM and DEL are also very tough.

I managed to get a tentative Singapore Airlines via Frankfurt and Singapore to Madras, with a long layover in Singapore.

Try Air India.

Call Krisbi Travels in Chicago.

Krisbi Travel Inc
(773) 561-4100

or Air Tours
Air Tours Inc
(773) 764-4544

You will not get great deals. But you will get a confirmed passage.
Goodluck.
Bapa

NVC says case sent to Chennai on 10/10. December interview still possible? Will check with Consulate and will reply.

Meanwhile my H1-B expires on Dec 7th. I plan on flying to Chennai on Dec 4th and wait for the interview. Is it a requirement that your H1-B needs to be valid at the time of interview?

Thanks.

NVC Reviews P3: 9/16/2002
NVC Set Case to Consulate: 9/25/2002
P3 Entered by Consulate: 10/8/2002
Category: EB3

Soon after knowing platflyer case was sent to and entered by consulate, I sent email to chennai consulate and got reply from them, it said to check the consulate site after Nov 15.

I've few questions. Some of them already posted on this board, but to be up to date pl. reply to them on this thread.

1. Will December Christmas holidays will affect interview schedule by Consulate? Did anybody track it from Dec 2001?

2. Bank Statements - If I have multiple bank accounts, do I need to submit all the bank statements for 6-12 months?

3. If I take a loan from TDSP401K savings, deductions at the source in the pay check. will it cause problems during the interview?

4. My H-1B will expire by this month, attorney has already applied for extension in July and got the receipt notice in Aug. It seems now a days, it is taking nearly 5 months for H-1B approval. In that case what are the things I should prepare for the interview?

5. Suppose, if I have to attend CP interview with receipt notice, while traveling is there any problem with expired visa and I-94? in that case what are preferable steps need to take before travel?

Thanks in Advance

RE:

chennai conulate lists only two holidays for december..i don't think it will have any effect... nov had threee holidays...

Originally posted by gccp1202
NVC Reviews P3: 9/16/2002
NVC Set Case to Consulate: 9/25/2002
P3 Entered by Consulate: 10/8/2002
Category: EB3

Soon after knowing platflyer case was sent to and entered by consulate, I sent email to chennai consulate and got reply from them, it said to check the consulate site after Nov 15.

I've few questions. Some of them already posted on this board, but to be up to date pl. reply to them on this thread.

1. Will December Christmas holidays will affect interview schedule by Consulate? Did anybody track it from Dec 2001?

I think your application will be entered on 10/17 or before 10/20. per my observation from http://www.cptracker.com/default.asp it is possible to get december interview if your application is entered by consulate on or before 10/20. Send an email to chennaiafu@state.gov, your case number in the subject to request to know expected interview date. They will respond.

Originally posted by apchennai
NVC says case sent to Chennai on 10/10. December interview still possible? Will check with Consulate and will reply.

Meanwhile my H1-B expires on Dec 7th. I plan on flying to Chennai on Dec 4th and wait for the interview. Is it a requirement that your H1-B needs to be valid at the time of interview?

Thanks.

Appreciate your response. Chennai wrote back that interview is likely to be in December/January.

When would I know for sure?

apchennai,

category might influence interview date. If you observe appointments scheduled from the consulate site. There is a pattern for E1, E2, E3 preference.

Also, I found they scheduled some interviews in first week of October. As per their response it seems your application has already reached, and you have high chance for getting in december or first week of January (in case if it delays due to Christmas). To know for sure, you may need to wait till Nov 15, the date they will publish interview dates on their web site. Members what is your say.

Originally posted by apchennai
Appreciate your response. Chennai wrote back that interview is likely to be in December/January.

When would I know for sure?

Re: My intrerview likely in december

Hi green chennai,
My packet was recieved by Chennai on sep 26th and they said that my interview would be in December.Keep us posted about
your experiences..
Veerender

Re: Flight tickets for December

[How will you book the tickets from now on, since we will not be in a position to know our exact datefor the iterview till november 10th.(then we can check the website (www.madras.sphynx.com).I came to know thru some friends that if you call consulate around 7th, you can still get to know your interview date.But what do we do about booking the tickets?Getting the tickets now itself has become a tough task , it will be more tough once the dates are posted..Any comments? or help?:confused:

Hi All,

I am also expecting a December interview and would like to know if it could be possible to know the exact interview date atlease 40 days in advance due to difficulty getting tickets.

thanks!
AKPM

Hi All,

I am also expecting a December interview and would like to know if it could be possible to know the exact interview date atlease 40 days in advance due to difficulty getting tickets.

thanks!
AKPM

hi

Hi,
My case was entered in chennia on 10/24..
I may get dec intv. they asked me to check in nov for intv dates

how hard is to get tkts during that time?
newchennai

tkts and intv date

hi,
Does anyone know when is the earliest we can know the intv dates atleast thru phone.??
newchennai

Telephone Interview dates

It is my understanding that the do not give out dates before the 15th of Month for logistical reasons.

I think that folks can try an email them, but by everyone calling them for the dates knowing that they post their schedule by Nov. 15 would annoy them for sure.

Regarding tickets, Still tough. I am flying via the Far East as Europe flights are nearly all gone !

Case forwarded to chennai consulate on 10/30

My case has been forwarded to chennai cosulate today morning (10/30). Is there a chance that it will be entered by the consulate before 11/1 (so that I get the interview date in Dec)? I think there is a very remote chance, if electronic transfer has to happen. Your views???

Guys need your help with the receiving address of Packet 4

I have not given the local address in India (Hyd) when sending the completed packet 3 to NVC. Whats the difference in documents that are sent if given a local address in India, to the one sent to US. I assume, we recieve the packet 4 faster than getting it here in US (lawyer has to forward it to me again). I would like to give the local address now, I guess by sending a mail to chennai consulate, do u see any problems with that at this stage? Your views are appreciated.

Re: Guys need your help with the receiving address of Packet 4

Hello,
You can still send a mail to consulate and tell them that you want your Pak-4 to be sent to the local address in India..They can do it for you. Hope that helps.But I am not sure whether your interview would be in Dec, coz mine was submitted on 9/26 .
The consulate had sent me a mail saying that it is likely that i may have interview in Dec.Looks like you may have interview in Jan.But still, Good luck!!! Please keep us updated about your case.

[
QUOTE]Originally posted by pattu007
I have not given the local address in India (Hyd) when sending the completed packet 3 to NVC. Whats the difference in documents that are sent if given a local address in India, to the one sent to US. I assume, we recieve the packet 4 faster than getting it here in US (lawyer has to forward it to me again). I would like to give the local address now, I guess by sending a mail to chennai consulate, do u see any problems with that at this stage? Your views are appreciated. [/QUOTE]