*** Likely December2002 interview tracker Chennai Consulate **

How is this thread going to help you?

• To get required info

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • To discuss common issues

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters
Re: RE:

Nope, no luck so far.I called Chennai yday and that lady asked me to call only after Nov 15th ..I have no idea how we are going to get tickets...

Well, Let;s keep the fingers crossed....
Veerender
Originally posted by newchennai
Hello all,
Any update on the intv dates?

Newchennai
[/QUOTE:confused:

Tickets around Christmas...

Guys,

My interview will be in January and I was planning to go to India during Christmas (on or after 25th). I will be flying from SFO to hyd. Thought you guys can give me tips on where to get the tickets for reasonable fare. My travel route is flexible. Appreciate your help.

Pattu007

Re: Tickets around Christmas...

Hello,
I know the no of two travle agents... and both of them are pretty reliable and they give you a decent deal.
If you want me to give you those numbers, pl send me your email id, where i can send it to you.My email id is veerenderkapoor2002@yahoo.com
Thanks,
Veerender
Originally posted by pattu007
Guys,

My interview will be in January and I was planning to go to India during Christmas (on or after 25th). I will be flying from SFO to hyd. Thought you guys can give me tips on where to get the tickets for reasonable fare. My travel route is flexible. Appreciate your help.

Pattu007

holiday for Chennai

Guys,
I checked for the list of holidays for the chennai consulate and this monday ie 11th november is listed as holiday.So, we wont know the date of our interview even on monday :confused:
If any of you know your date, please keep us posted.
Thanks,
Veerender

Booked my tickets

Hello Guys,
I booked my tickets from New york to Hyd for 12th december(economy class-can say a decent deal considering the season).I dont know whether i did the right thing or not..I know that my case reached Chennai on 26th September.But what i dont ustand is their scheme/pattern of alloting the interview dates...Is it is like a queue(first in first out-FIFO) or is it dependent on the category- Eb1, EB2 or 3?? I am just going with my gut feeling that my interview wld be only after 15th Dec..My wife's school ends on 11th dec, so we are flying on 12th december.I took a risk...but i had to take it coz it is becoming increasingly to get the tickets...and since monday is a holiday for the consulate it wld either 12/13( or who knows 15), by the time we get to know about our dates..
Any comments or thoughts..Do lemme know..
Thanks,
Veerender

Re: RE:

Hello all,
Any updates on th einterview dates? Is anyone planning on calling Chennai tonite(for them tuesday morning)? Please keep us posted...
Thanks,
Veerender

Hello all,
Any update on the intv dates?

Newchennai

Re: Booked my tickets

Veerender, How much was the tickets price? I am sure you will get December interview.

Originally posted by veerender
Hello Guys,
I booked my tickets from New york to Hyd for 12th december(economy class-can say a decent deal considering the season).I dont know whether i did the right thing or not..I know that my case reached Chennai on 26th September.But what i dont ustand is their scheme/pattern of alloting the interview dates...Is it is like a queue(first in first out-FIFO) or is it dependent on the category- Eb1, EB2 or 3?? I am just going with my gut feeling that my interview wld be only after 15th Dec..My wife's school ends on 11th dec, so we are flying on 12th december.I took a risk...but i had to take it coz it is becoming increasingly to get the tickets...and since monday is a holiday for the consulate it wld either 12/13( or who knows 15), by the time we get to know about our dates..
Any comments or thoughts..Do lemme know..
Thanks,
Veerender

bank statement

Hello,
Do we need to get the bank statement for the last one year?
Or is it enough to carry the monthily statements which we get from the bank?

newchennai

Re: bank statement

I think monthly statements would do.But just to be safe, i would carry a bank statement also...you never know what they would ask...and getting bank stement for one year is easy, matter of 10 minutes..
Viren

Hello,
Do we need to get the bank statement for the last one year?
Or is it enough to carry the monthily statements which we get from the bank?

newchennai

Re: Re: Booked my tickets

Hi gccp1202,

Ya, last month itself the Consualte had sent me a mail saying that my interview would be in December..But iam not sure of the dates....I dont know whether it would be before 15th or after 15th..but i booked my tickets .My travel agent said she would get back to me in a day or so.but the price she quoted was as follows:
NY- Mumbai( $1480,if i get a ticket for 12th dec )+200$ till hyd.
or (1595 for 13th dec)+200$ till hyd.I am assuming it is a reasonable price....if you guys are getting a deal better than this..please lemme know.As of today, my dates of travel wld be either 12/13 dec and my return wld be either 6/7th jan.
Thanks,
viren

Originally posted by gccp1202
Veerender, How much was the tickets price? I am sure you will get December interview.

I-134 questions

Couple of additional questions on I-134 :

The form asks (in item 7)-

You have life insurance in the sum of :

With a cash surrender value of :

Does anyone know what "cash surrender value" means ??

Also, the amount to be listed in life insurance is from my company's benefits or from some other place as well ?
Any suggestions ??

Thanks,
Amit

Re: Re: Re: Booked my tickets

Thanks Viren. My case was sent to consulate on 9/25. I am in EB3 category, expecting late december interview date i.e after 12/26. and I am planning to leave earlist 12/13 return on First week January. I am in limbo to decide on my itinerary. -Ravi

Hi gccp1202,

Ya, last month itself the Consualte had sent me a mail saying that my interview would be in December..But iam not sure of the dates....I dont know whether it would be before 15th or after 15th..but i booked my tickets .My travel agent said she would get back to me in a day or so.but the price she quoted was as follows:
or (1595 for 13th dec)+200$ till hyd.I am assuming it is a reasonable price....if you guys are getting a deal better than this..please lemme know.As of today, my dates of travel wld be either 12/13 dec and my return wld be either 6/7th jan.
Thanks,
viren

Re: Re: Re: Booked my tickets

Viren,

you might want to try emirates if you are flying to hyd. My friends wife is flying in the first week of dec and she has got a good deal (around 1400). Let me know if you need details.

Pattu

Hi gccp1202,

Thanks,
viren

Re: Re: Re: Re: Booked my tickets

Hi Ravi,
Try this agent also ..may be u will get a decent deal...taj travel: 516-327-9800.Where do you stay in India?? Can you please send me a email at veerenderkapoor2002@yahoo.com.We can keep in touch.Probably we may have intv date on same day...i will keep u posted abt my date...i called chennai today and she said that they havent scheduled the date yet....As u said prob it will be late of december.....
Thanks,
Viren

Originally posted by gccp1202
Thanks Viren. My case was sent to consulate on 9/25. I am in EB3 category, expecting late december interview date i.e after 12/26. and I am planning to leave earlist 12/13 return on First week January. I am in limbo to decide on my itinerary. -Ravi

Hello Prashanth,
Yes, it wld be really good if you lemme know the details.
Thanks,
Viren

Originally posted by pattu007
Viren,

you might want to try emirates if you are flying to hyd. My friends wife is flying in the first week of dec and she has got a good deal (around 1400). Let me know if you need details.

Pattu

Ravi,
I had a question.Why are you assuming that your interview date wld be after 26th december? kindly lemme know.I have a friend who is also EB3 and whose case reached consulate on sep 26th..
Plzz reply..
thanks,
Viren

Did any one cotact COnsulate?

I talked to chennai consulate and response was call in the 3rd or 4th week of november. DId any one get similar response?

Misinformation

As a request, could everyone please check their responses prior to posting them on the board ?

Things are tense enough not knowing the dates and trying to get tickets, last thing we need is misinformation and speculation.

Last edited by a moderator:
This morning I got email from my attorney mentioning that my interview was scheduled for December 17, 2002.