Likely Chennai CP Interview in July/August 2004

If you keep pestering them often, that's what happens I guess ;)

I remember seeing similar sequence of emails from chennai for "arbhai". You may check the posting for that user ID. But finally they gave this "arbhai" the date she/he was expecting.

Rashmi

subhasankalp said:
Hello Rashmi;

I am thoroughly confused with the responses from the consulate. When I wrote to them a week back they indicated that my interview date is likely in September/October. I wrote to them again this week hoping that they would give me a confirmed date in September but instead I get a reply saying that the interview is likely to be in October. Could this be a omission on their part? Since my case went to the consulate around 6/30, I was expecting a September appointment. My question to the forum participants is about the progression of messages from the consulate. What is the typical sequence of responses from the consulate leading upto the confirmed date message? I was wondering if it is possible that they say likely interview in October but the confirmed date could turn out be in September afterall.

Thank you,

Rashmi;

Jokes aside, I suspected that the consulate sent me the response since they were ticked off with my frequent pinging. Whatever the reason, I got the message loud and clear. No more communication with the consulate till September dates are published. My problem with this approach is that I will not have enough time to make travel arrangements. Oh well, looks like I don't have much choice but shut up and put up.

Just curious, how many times and how often did you communicate with the consulate?

qn on h1-b and i-94

hi guys,

I have a qn on h1-b an di-94. my h1-b on my P expired in may 04 and so does my I-94. However, i have a valid H1-b extension without a gap from the date of expiry of the first h1-b. I notice there is a new I-94 at the bottom of the new H1-b and my new H1-b is valid until 07. Am I ok interms of my h1-b visa, stay here etc.. would appreciate comments from anyone..

Thanks,
Dilbert

Thrice.

First: to check if they received my case from the NVC (a week after the NVC message changed to "sent to the consulate")
Second: To check if they were ready with dates i.e. around July 10th. Consulate asked me to inquire back on Jul 12th
So the Third: when the consulate replied back with the date.

I would recommend this to everyone. If you contact them before 10th of the month they wouldn't have the dates yet. The pinging wouldn't be appropriate any earlier than this.

But don't worry going by Arbhai's postings that's the consulate way of having fun at your expense. I think you'll have your date in September. And plan likewise. You wouldn't go wrong.

Rashmi
subhasankalp said:
Rashmi;

Jokes aside, I suspected that the consulate sent me the response since they were ticked off with my frequent pinging. Whatever the reason, I got the message loud and clear. No more communication with the consulate till September dates are published. My problem with this approach is that I will not have enough time to make travel arrangements. Oh well, looks like I don't have much choice but shut up and put up.

Just curious, how many times and how often did you communicate with the consulate?

dilbert30 said:
hi guys,

I have a qn on h1-b an di-94. my h1-b on my P expired in may 04 and so does my I-94. However, i have a valid H1-b extension without a gap from the date of expiry of the first h1-b. I notice there is a new I-94 at the bottom of the new H1-b and my new H1-b is valid until 07. Am I ok interms of my h1-b visa, stay here etc.. would appreciate comments from anyone..

Thanks,
Dilbert

This is a normal and valid process. The H1Bs that are approved while the
candidate is here in US have a perforated stub at the bottom. Half of
this portion is actually your I-94 and it lists the validy dates. You are
expected to staple that portion in your passport.

In some cases the employers only give the bottom perforated portion of the approval and keep the upper portion with them. That is actually correct on
their part too!

So, you are OK!

Raju

Thanks, Raju.
So, when i leave the US the next time, I will give the airlines two I-94s? one the white one that has expired and the other from the H1-B approval notice Is that right?

Dilbert

Raju595 said:
This is a normal and valid process. The H1Bs that are approved while the
candidate is here in US have a perforated stub at the bottom. Half of
this portion is actually your I-94 and it lists the validy dates. You are
expected to staple that portion in your passport.

In some cases the employers only give the bottom perforated portion of the approval and keep the upper portion with them. That is actually correct on
their part too!

So, you are OK!

Raju

Successfull Interview

My interview was on July 23 and everything went on well.It was pretty much same as that of the previous experiences.Nothing special.But i will write my experience in a elaborate way when i reach U.S.My port of entry is Detroit on August 1st.

They were emphasising on 1040's for the past 3 years along with W2's though i gave them the tax transcripts from the IRS for the past 3 years.So Do carry them along with all the other usual documents....

If anybody have any particular question i will try to answer (i am in my home town where i have very limited internet access)

Regarding medicals Dr.Vijayalakshmi is awesome....Excellent!!!!!!

I want to thank all the people who replied my questions in this forum and attorney Rajiv khanna for having this website and helping the CP applicants.....

CP IS THE WAY TO GO.....EASY CAKE WALK..... :D :D :D :D :D :D

Regards
BJ77

dilbert30 said:
Thanks, Raju.
So, when i leave the US the next time, I will give the airlines two I-94s? one the white one that has expired and the other from the H1-B approval notice Is that right?

Dilbert

Since you would have the latest one stapled to your passport, you would
hand over that at the airline counter. You are not obliged to carry the
expired I-94s.

Raju

As Raju said that is *the* practice for issuing new I-94s.

Even though I'm not obliged, I have always stapled the H1 I-94 and the POE I-94 together and given while departing the country.

The key thing, is that many airline officals might not recognize the H1-I94. So you have to insist them on taking it.

The practice lately has been, that the airline personell at the checkin counter will staple the I-94(s) to the boarding pass for your first "international" flight.

The tax transcript I have received from IRS states form-1040 and lists all information.I do have W2 forms, tax transcripts received from IRS, but I am afraid I do not have all 1040 forms for past 3 years may be I have it for last year when did the e-filing will this be a problem?Pl responnd

Incorrect Date of birth of wife on I-140

Hi my husband is the primary applicant and I am dependent in our CP.The clerk at lawers office wrote the incorrect year in the date of birth column in the I-140 application form.Our interview is scheduled for the first week of August and all other documents have correct date of birth.
We have received the Appointment letter from Consulate for the interview at our US address and states the date of birth for all applicants, my date of birth is incorrect in this letter too.What do we need to do now?Do we need to carry some letter from lawer stating that there is typo in year of birth ?Please respond .

Will there be date of birth on Visa stamp for immigrant Visa?Will the date of birth be present on any other forms like green card after the interview?I do not see spouse's dob on I-140 form.and all other documents like ds230 have correct dob.The only place it is incorrect is in the petition for I-140 where basic info for primary applicant is mentioned wife's dob is incorrect.I wonder from where the consulate for this dob as approved I-140 and all other applications have correct date? How serious is this problem?

From where did they pick this wrong dob? Do they check the I-140 petition for dob?All my DS230 forms have correct dob.What should I do now?

I would think that it is from the DS forms. I'm not sure what are the implications for a different DOB in the 140. Consult your attorney.

If the date in DS forms is supported by the evidence (PP, BC, etc.) I think (and again I think) it should not be a problem.

Date in DS230 is supported by all documents. The approved I140 application has no information about spouse.It is only the I-140 petition that our lawyer prepared has incorrect dob for spouse, But why will the consulate have I-140 petition they should only have approval notice, right? I am confused I started thinking It may also be mistake on the consulate side they may have fat fingered the dob as 5 and 6 are next to each other what are the chances of happening this?

Question on I-134 & DS230 part II

Hi,

I have a question regarding the documents needed to carry for the interview, My lawer has sent notarized I-134 & DS230 part I and partII to NVC after receiving the packet3.Now the consulate should be having these documents right.We are told to carry copies of these docs just in case the officer asks for that.
Now the question I have is do we need to fill another application form for DS230 Part I and Part II and I-134 and get I134 notarized to be on safe side or it is not required?

Namratac:
I concur with alren.Though i sent everything like you...the Indian lady who collected the documents asked for the I-134 and the DS-230 forms.Complete them and take back to back print out.Bcos when i gave 2 papers of DS-230 part-II she stapled them back to back and got the sworn statement signed by me.

BJ77
Namratac said:
Hi,

I have a question regarding the documents needed to carry for the interview, My lawer has sent notarized I-134 & DS230 part I and partII to NVC after receiving the packet3.Now the consulate should be having these documents right.We are told to carry copies of these docs just in case the officer asks for that.
Now the question I have is do we need to fill another application form for DS230 Part I and Part II and I-134 and get I134 notarized to be on safe side or it is not required?

You must get I-134 (back to Back) notarized. You can carry Copies of DS-230 Part I and Additional Pages (if any to DS-230 Part I) and must fill DS-230 Part II.