Likely Chennai CP Interview in July/August 2004

You can keep on polling the consulate. Most likely they will not tell you the date for regular CPs. But you can judge based on your periodic pings.

Send an email to <chennaiIV@state.gov> in another week to get a rough estimate. I also suggest you request an early date and also ask them to mail P4 to your Indian address.

Rashmi

dilbert30 said:
Rashmi, alren,
Thanks for the input. in cptracker.com, some ppl have a date for "case entered by consulate". how can we find that out?
Thanks,
Dilbert

rashmi_rau said:
Send an email to <chennaiIV@state.gov> in another week to get a rough estimate. I also suggest you request an early date and also ask them to mail P4 to your Indian address.

Rashmi

Hi Alren / Rashmi

Indian address means any address like can i give my relatives address in Chennai or do i need to give the original address in the passport

Thanks
VJ

VJ2002 said:
Hi Alren / Rashmi

Indian address means any address like can i give my relatives address in Chennai or do i need to give the original address in the passport

Thanks
VJ

hi Rashmi,
I saw dates on cptracker about ur case..
how u know that ur case entered in Chennai consulate on 06/15.
did u assume that it reaches in a week or u got email from chennai consulate saying that ur case enetered on jun 15Th
ur review completed on 1st jun,ur case sent to chennai on 8th Jun

Thanks
VJ (waiting for Packet4) :)

Guess you can give your relatives' address or any address to which you want P4 to be mailed. The address in passport might not a permanent one right? People move!

Rashmi

VJ2002 said:
Hi Alren / Rashmi

Thanks
VJ

I just sent an email to the consulate after a week and they confirmed the receipt. It's nothing like the consulate received the P3 that particular day. May be earlier but not later ;)

Rashmi
VJ2002 said:
hi Rashmi,
I saw dates on cptracker about ur case..
how u know that ur case entered in Chennai consulate on 06/15.
did u assume that it reaches in a week or u got email from chennai consulate saying that ur case enetered on jun 15Th
ur review completed on 1st jun,ur case sent to chennai on 8th Jun

Thanks
VJ (waiting for Packet4) :)

These are the documents I prepared:
1. Copy of DS230 part1
2. DS230 part2.
3.Waiting on the latest job offer letter.
4. Birth certificate
5.Pay stubs for the last 6months
6. Bank Statements for the last 6months
7. Tax transcripts for 2000, 2001, 2002 and 2003
8. PCC from Indian Consulate, Chicago
9. w2s from 2000 to 2003

Supporting documents:
1. Tax returns filed for the last 3 years
2. Previous H1 approvals, student visa, OPT EAD.
3. Previous employers job offer letter, current employers job offer letter.
4. Experience letters
5. 140 approval notice copy.

Copies of all of the above documents

Anything I'm missing ?

Also, There are two different things written in the documents required section of my
appointment letter.
1. Employement letter
2. Most recent job letter from the employer.

What is the difference between the two ?

Photos required part said:
Visa photos:- Two different kind of color photos are required: (a) 1.5 inches by 1.5 inches, theree quarter frontal protrait with
right side of the face and right ear visible with white background. (b) 50 mm x 50mm frontal view with white or half white background.

However the letter did not say anything about the number of photos. Will this be taken care by FOTO India in Chennai. Please advise.

rashmi_rau said:
I just sent an email to the consulate after a week and they confirmed the receipt. It's nothing like the consulate received the P3 that particular day. May be earlier but not later ;)

Rashmi

Thanks Rashmi for ur reply.
the passport address is the original address.but my parenst are with me now in USA.that's why i have to give Chennai address.is it ok if i give Chennai address.
when i have to shoot email saying that i need packet 4 to receive by Chennai address..
can i get confirmation email saying that they can send Packet 4 to my Chennai address.if not do we aasume that they can send to Chennai address.
Thanks
VJ :)

Hey VJ,

Whatever they decide I'm sure you'll hear back from Chennai. Just request that they send P4 to such n such address.

Rashmi

VJ2002 said:
Thanks Rashmi for ur reply.
the passport address is the original address.but my parenst are with me now in USA.that's why i have to give Chennai address.is it ok if i give Chennai address.
when i have to shoot email saying that i need packet 4 to receive by Chennai address..
can i get confirmation email saying that they can send Packet 4 to my Chennai address.if not do we aasume that they can send to Chennai address.
Thanks

Going_CP,

I'm assuming you are based in US and your IV petitioner is the same as the company you work with now. In this case, recent job letter is not reqd. and is equivalent to the notarized offer letter.

No. of photos -
(a) - 3/4 profile - 3 copies
(b) - 50mX50m photos - 4 (or 2) copies

Your photos studio in India might give your more copies that above. In my case for (a) My own photo studio gave 8 copies for Rs. 150.

Types of Photos and requirement clarification

Alren,
To avoid confusion between CP interview & Medical. Clarify the requirement in the format below:

CP interview -
Type of photo - 3/4 profile Size -? No of Copies - 3
Type of photo - Front Face Size -50mX50m No of Copies - 4

Medical -
Type of photo - ? Size -? No of Copies - ?

Thanks in advance.

What i responded was purely for the consulate.

Again the front face photos could be 2 or 4, I cannot recollect.

Medical, In Hinduja@Mumbai they asked for 2, and then returned 1 at the end. I gave 50mX50m photos, they asked if I had smaller ones, and I said no. So they accepted it.

rashmi_rau said:
Hey VJ,

Whatever they decide I'm sure you'll hear back from Chennai. Just request that they send P4 to such n such address.

Rashmi

one more request please.......
if ur agent is lawyer can we request the consulate to send packet 4 to india address instead of USA
Thanks

VJ2002 said:
one more request please.......
if ur agent is lawyer can we request the consulate to send packet 4 to india address instead of USA
Thanks

You can make this request by yourself. You don't need to route this
through your attorney.

Raju

I don't see passport, marriage certificate if you are married, vaccination records if any in the list
Do we need to carry copy of passport?

Namratac said:
I don't see passport, marriage certificate if you are married, vaccination records if any in the list
Do we need to carry copy of passport?
Perhaps, Going_CP is not married. Passport is a must (and a copy is advisable to keep with you).

Vaccination records are not reqd. by the consulate.

alren said:
Perhaps, Going_CP is not married. Passport is a must (and a copy is advisable to keep with you).

Vaccination records are not reqd. by the consulate.

My list is purely what I have been preparing(prepared so far) not what I am planning to take it to the consulate. Of course I will be carrying the Passport.
I do have the medical records from school in US, which should help me with that requirement.

I am also carrying the copies of all the documents needed by the consulate.
Thanks Alren. You got it, I don't need the marriage documents or 134 affidavit.

medical records might be a waste. Did not need it in Hinduja/BMB. Told I got MMR 9 yrs. back still administred me 1. Other vaccs. not reqd per them.

Hello Rashmi;

I am thoroughly confused with the responses from the consulate. When I wrote to them a week back they indicated that my interview date is likely in September/October. I wrote to them again this week hoping that they would give me a confirmed date in September but instead I get a reply saying that the interview is likely to be in October. Could this be a omission on their part? Since my case went to the consulate around 6/30, I was expecting a September appointment. My question to the forum participants is about the progression of messages from the consulate. What is the typical sequence of responses from the consulate leading upto the confirmed date message? I was wondering if it is possible that they say likely interview in October but the confirmed date could turn out be in September afterall.

Thank you,