likely Chennai April 2004 Interview

regarding med.

kd1403,
I can do the medicals on saturday too, isn't it? There are some open on saturday too... Do you know of any bad experiences on the medical side... (like not getting the documents on the expected day or something got messed up)? There shouldn't be any case though, but just wanted to know if any...

wiz69,
I am also having the interview on April 20th, so was wondering how are you planning it?

I booked my tickets and I am leaving on April 9th.

Thanks
gcsun

Affidavit of support

Hi, I wanted to know the details regarding the affidavit of support i.e., I 134. I know that i need two affidavit of support, one for me and one for my wife. I can execute the affidavit of support for my wife. But who has to sign for me? Thanks in advance.

Medicals on Sat

y interview is on 20th too, I called lister labs they are open on SAT 4/17, If you arrive <10:30AM U can get reports by 5:30PM. Some Doctors are open on Sat PM. I took appt. with Dr V.

sav rav,

You don't need an affidavit of support (I 134) for your self. You only need to present it for your dependents. If your wife is the only dependent, then you need to submit it for only your wife.

gcsun,

Unless you have any comlicated medical history, you can expect the medicals and doctor reports on the same day.

I think one or two people who had TB previously needed to go for additional test which took one two days additional.

Otherwise MEDICALS is very simple process.

Some doctors are open on saturday (Dr. Vijayalakshmi and Dr. V Rajakumar).

Attend the medicals before 10 AM so that you can get the reports on the same day by 4:30. Pickup the reports and goto the doctor directly. You need to take appointment ahead (atleast 2 days prior) to avoid any problems.

gcsun, savrav:

I concur with cpzinga on the I-134 (only for derivative candidates, not for primary) and medicals questions (pretty simple unless one has complicated medical history past).

interview...

wiz69, ajnahitokal
We all are on 20th... Just wanted to tell my plans. Booked tickets to India on 9th. Planning to go to Madras on 17th morning and will do the Lister Lab work by 10AM. Took appointment with Dr. VijayaLakshmi for 17th evening.

I have a basic/small doubt... What is the difference between tax transcripts and W-2? I don't know when ppl talk about transcripts. I am under the same impression that both are same...

Thanks
gcsun

gcsun:

IRS Tax transcripts are computerized printouts of your federal tax return that you can get free of cost by calling 800-829-1040. Request for last 3 tax years!

W-2 is the basis for filing your annual taxes.

You need to carry both!

Picking up Appointment Letter at the Consulate

I am planning to leave on the 7th of April and get medicals done on saturday. I doubt whether I will receive Packet 4 before I leave. I would like to have my cousin pick up Appointment letter on 5th April. What's the process? Is it the only document in Packet 4 (or) is it actually a packet of documents?

wiz69:

Your cousin WILL need your MDR number, your Full name as per GC process, and MAY require his/ her own photo id.

Packet 4 is simply an appointment letter (main thing) and at most medical form in case of chennai!

Hi

what else (generally) need to send back to NVC along with DS230 Part I once we got the packet 3.

Instructions for Immigrant visa applicants form (DS-2001) says "you will not be scheduled for an appointment util you return this form" at the end of the form on second page

- is it required to send DS-2001 filled form with sign along with DS230 part I or separately or not required to send at all ?

Thanks

piska:

P3 normally means completed ds 230 part 1 for primary and each derivatives. In some cases it may mean more documents if required by NVC. It is recommended to include ds 2001 as a way to tell NVC and consulate that you have all the REQUIRED documents!

Thanks Kd.

BTW

- what docs are in Packet 4 ?
- I saw many messages on this form saying people got only appointment letter to US address, how about the other documents/forms any alternative ?

piska:

Packet 4 is the packet which includes appointment letter and other documents such as immgrant photo requirements page, medical requirements page, certain pages in local translated languages, specific instructions for day of the interview along with documents to carry which are REQUIRED.

Bottom line in the packet 4 if there is anything that is important is the APPOINTMENT LETTER without which you cannot do medicals or attend the interview.

again I 134 doubt

Hi,
In continuation to my earlier post regarding I 134, I wanted to know if I have to execute affidavit of support for my kids who are american citizens. Only my spouse's name is included for GC in my application. I was going through some very old posts of 2002 and someone had posted there that he took I 134 for his american kid just to be in the safer side.
Any inputs will be valuable.
Thanks
savrav

Re: again I 134 doubt

Originally posted by sav rav
Hi,
In continuation to my earlier post regarding I 134, I wanted to know if I have to execute affidavit of support for my kids who are american citizens. Only my spouse's name is included for GC in my application. I was going through some very old posts of 2002 and someone had posted there that he took I 134 for his american kid just to be in the safer side.
Any inputs will be valuable.
Thanks
savrav

My first reaction would have been no, since your US born kids are
excluded from this case. However even though they are born
here, when you have to list the people to whom you are financially liable, then they should be part of that list.

So, it makes sense to carry an I-134 (s) for them, show to just in case they are asked for. You will anyway carry their birth certificate (s).

Raju

Thanks Raju595, So I will go ahead and execute affidavit of support for my US born kids too, just to be on the safe side.

My son is 15 months old and he is included on my petition (not US citizen). Do I need to take him to the interview (or) could I leave him at my cousin's place?

If we do take him, are we allowed to carry a diaper bag?

wiz69,

Your son also need to be there so take him with you. Baby food, baby items (like diapher etc) are allowed so no problem.