likely Chennai April 2004 Interview

meera:

What you read is true. Normally between 4-8th of the month many of the interviews are finalized for next month. Between 9-15th they are proof read and double checked for errors. So it is safe to say that if one calls the consulate around 10th of the month they come to know the status of the interview. If I were you since you have already called them early this week, I would wait until the April dates are published mid next week and then may be in 4th week of March call the consulate to get status on May interview to get a feel if you end up in May interview.

Finally, after a long wait, we have got a April 26th interview. My wife called up the consulate on 12th and got this info. It seems they are mailing the interview letter today. As I mentioned in one of my earlier posts, my p3 reached the consulate on Feb 13th and I am in EB3 category.
Anymore April people here?

April 20th Interview

Just received an e-mail from Chennai Consulate that myInterview scheduled for April 20th.
EB2
Case Forwarded from NVC: FEB 23rd
Interview Date: April 20th

Hi KD1403,

I am sorry to keep bugging everyone on this thread about the dates... But I am really confused now... when I called chennai consulate earlier this week...they told me they recieved my packet on Jan 30th...I asked them if there was any missing info...they said everything was there... Now when I look at other EB2 people's dates I am getting a little concerned obviously I am new at this and I am not sure if this happens all the time...

like in this case SAVRAV's application has been sent only on Feb 13th but his interview is already confirmed for April...should I be freaking out...does this mean they don't have everything they need to have in my file...is this a bad sign... Another person on this thread also said their file was sent by NVC on Feb 23rdwho is also an EB2...mine was sent Jan 23rd...it seems a little weird to me considering its supposed to be first come first serve basis...should I be ALARMED???? sorry I am freaking out a bit... :(

thanks
Meera

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by arbhai
Hi KD1403,

...mine was sent Jan 23rd...it seems a little weird to me considering its supposed to be first come first serve basis...should I be ALARMED???? sorry I am freaking out a bit... :(

thanks
Meera

It is not clear from your mail whether you know for sure that
your interview is not in April (by phone conversation or email etc.).

If this is not the case, then you should not be too alarmed. By
16th or so the Chennai Consulate should come out with their
list for April. In the meanwhile you can send them an email with
your case details and seeking information.

From the dates of your case, you should have your interview in
the month of April.

Raju

interview date

Hi Arbhai,
I am also sailing in the same boat. Mine was forwarded on Jan. 23rd too. When I called them, they asked me to check with them after 3 weeks. When I sent an email last week, they said that they have received my case and interview will be in May or June. I am also in EB2 category. I don't know how they are processing......

My case was forwarded to MDR on Jan 28th. I just called Chennai and they told me my interview is on April 20th, 8AM.
Quick question, I have all W-2's, and 1040's complete copies of IRS filings. Are tax transcripts still necessary? A reply from chennai in Feb postings did not mention tax transcripts in the list of "necessary documents". Any comments??

Hi,

just called the consulate...our interview is on April 21st 8:00AM...finally its here. :)

ok couple of questions:

1) when should we schedule medicals...what is a good minimum time to have between interview and medicals? would April 19th (Monday) work?

2) While booking our return tickets how many days should we have between our interview date and date of departure...would April 23(friday night) that be enough time to get the passports back from the consulate...its 2 working days (thursday & friday)?

3)does the return ticket have to be open or can we make a booking?

thanks
-Meera

GCSUN: you should probably call the consulate...goodluck I hope everything works out well.

Also a special thanks to all of you on this thread for putting up with my constant paranoia :)

-Meera

meera:

1) when should we schedule medicals...what is a good minimum time to have between interview and medicals? would April 19th (Monday) work?

Answer: Lab work is walk in @ Chennai. Schedule doctor's appointment as soon as possible. YEs 19th should be fine assuming you do not have a medical history that would delay the reports due to extra medical investigation.

==============================================

2) While booking our return tickets how many days should we have between our interview date and date of departure...would April 23(friday night) that be enough time to get the passports back from the consulate...its 2 working days (thursday & friday)?

Answer: Normally passport and CP approval packet is couriered to the candidates the same evening such that it reaches the india address next day or latest the day after if it bounces on the next day. I would personally keep 1 week gap between interview date and usa return date so that if there are any typos with the cp approval visa then you can take care off it right there. Assuming there is no name check you should be fine with your plans just that keep about 4 -7 days gap after your interview. If there is a name check then you can expect about 4 weeks delay!

==============================================

Answer: It can be open.

Originally posted by arbhai
Hi,

just called the consulate...our interview is on April 21st 8:00AM...finally its here. :)

ok couple of questions:

{Normally you can complete the medical tests and the doctor's visit in 1 day at Chennai, if you plan accordingly. Since you have
two days it shoud be sufficient. Call one of the doctors and get
your appointment. You don't need appointment with Lister Labs.
However to get the report back the same day you need to go to
them by 8.00 or 8.30 AM. If you do so, you will get your reports
at about 3.30PM the same day}

{Chennai consulate sends the VISA packet along with the
PP by courier service. In the city of Chennai, B'lore and
Hyderabad you get the packet the next day. There could be
some other cities where you can get it in one day. Some other
smaller towns get them in two days. You need to research
or call 'Blue Dart Express Ltd' to get exact delivery time based
on where you live}

{As above}

thanks
-Meera

GCSUN: you should probably call the consulate...goodluck I hope everything works out well.

{my responses}

Raju

interview date

atlast, I got the interview date too. It is on April 20th at 9AM.

Thanks for everyone in this portal.

Since my interview date is on tuesday, do you guys think that I should do the medicals on friday just to be on the safe side? I am from hyd., that will mess up the weekend, monday..... Our visits itself are short and on top of this, if we have this.... :(.

Thanks...

This is a question regarding name check. I read previous threads that had information about name check. I am still sort of unclear on the matter.

1) I have been in this country since I was 14...would name check still be an issue?

2)my husband has been here for 7 years... do the number of years of stay in America have any relevance for name check?

3) Also if in the case that its a random thing to have name check would it help getting a FBI clearance? How long does it take for an FBI clearance? and we live in boston so how do we apply?

thanks a ton

-Meera

meera:

FBI Check/ Admin check/ Name Check is one and the same. It happens for everyone who goes in for immigrant visa interview. The time it gets triggered is when ones name matches that of an individual on USA crimes list/ FBI wanted list.

One can get a FBI check while in usa but either ways if the consulate decides the need for admin check they will do it anyways even if you hand over you FBI check clearance papers. So if i were you I would not bother runnning an FBI check in advance!

DEtails on how to get FBI cehck:

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=69871

http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=100413&highlight=admin+check

FBI checks normally take 2-3 weeks!

Question

Once the interview is done, and the papers are couriered to local address, is the passport sealed inside the envelope (or) left outside?

The purpose of my question is, I am planning to go Outside of India (for vacation) after my GC interview and before I come back to the U.S. I would need my passport to go to this other country.

Please let me know. Thanks.

wiz69:

Passport is not sealed. You should get your in your courier envelope:
1. Passport

2. Immigrant Visa Approval stapled to a sealed packet of cp documents

do not break the seal of point 2. You can remove your passport and use it for international travel prior to entering usa.

April Appointments on Chennai Website

Has anybody seen list of April appointments on Chennai Website yet? The website currently doesn't have a selection to see appointments for <Current Month> and <Next Month>.

wiz69:

The chennai consulate web site is udnergoing construction which is expected to be completed around 3/16-3/17 i.e today/ tomorrow!