Likely April/May Interview @ Mumbai Consulate

Consular processing Time Frame

Hi everybody,
I am new to the forum. I am in the process of obtaining permanent residency through CP in Mumbai under EB2 category. My packet 3 was received by NVC on March 17th. My question to the experienced folks here in the forum is to when you think I might get an appointment for the CP interview? Thanks.:)

If you are very lucky, it will be "May",
otherwise likely in June,
you can browse/search this forum you will find 2 - 3 months a reasonable time for the interview (from the date consulate receives the package),
some suggested that before 15-20th of the month gets interview in 2 months if later than 15-20th seems it takes 3 months.

Goodluck

Thanks for your comment, KYCP.
Yesterday I called NVC to find out about the status and came to know that my DS-230 from is incomlete and being sent back to my attorney! Apparently # 3 was left blank; should have written Not applicable!!
My question to experienced folks here is: Can I ask my lawyer to proceed with Attorney Certified 140 and send DS-230 straight to Mumbai consulate now? Also is there any specific requirement for AC140 meaning do you guys think a situation like mine may or may not satisfy the specifics to proceed thru AC140? NVC meanwhile has encashed the fees already. If someone had similar experience or know the procedural detail about AC-140, please help!! Thank you.:eek:

NVC or CP

Hi MumbaiCP,

Well, i would definitely suggest anybody from Mumbai Consulate to go for AC-140 Route as it is faster. In regards to your case, as NVC has enchased your fees and did return your application for an mistake i would recommend you to file your application with NVC so that it clears your application mistake.
I think the wait for Mumbai Consulate thru NVC is only couple of months which can change. So it might delay you for couple of months.
I am not sure if you can go straight for AC-140 Process, keeping in mind that your application was send back for correction from NVC and encashed the fees. I would sure hope that it is possible after you sent your corrected application to NVC.
Although i would wait for some other Good Members on this forums to reply to your dilemma and then consult with your lawyer to make a decision.

Hope this helps.
VinCP.

NVC to AC140

MumbaiCP2003,

Members are going in for AC140 to Mumbai without any real need
to substantiate with a hardship.

While this is a tested route, your case has a twist to it. You have already paid the money to NVC, and you have to see how this
affects your case.

If you go to the Consulate direct and claim that you have paid
money to NVC, I do not know what their reaction would be.

It also depends on the number of applicants in your case. If it
is you alone, and you are prepared to pay the $335.00 again
at the Consulate, then there should not be any problem.

Discuss with your attorney. Even otherwise, if you respond immediately to the query, the review process is not taking much
time now. So, the time saved will not be much.

Raju

Looking for persons with successful AC140 who can provide name of their attornies. My attorney said it CAN NOT be done. For CP, per his opinion, one has to go through NVC. No exception. From this forum I gather, we do have the option of AC140. Appreciate if I could get some number and name of the attorneys with experience in AC140. Thanks a lot: confused:

AC140!

You are now at NVC because you chose CP as the option when you filed your I-140. The AC140 is an option for those candidates who chose AOS and have subsequently filed I-824 to pursue CP. From your story, I gather this does not apply to you. If you choose to send your appln to Mumbai thru AC140, you may face a substantial delay and/or other complications. Concentrate on replying to NVC-cases are being reviewed within 2-3 weeks and you should be able to get an interview in June/July. Goodluck.

1. On the recent most publication at Mumbai website, they no longer say that one is eligible to apply for Immigrant Visa under AC140 if you have had prior visa stamps from the consulate. Instead, they say that one has to be a resident from the eligible consular districts for that consulate. I am not sure if this is a change in the policy or if this is what they have been saying from the beginning although they accept applications based on just prior stamping.
2. Is it possible to send in all the required documents except 824 receipt and get a prilimnary determination whether or not they accept the case?

Transfering H1-B

Hi
I want to know that if you have your Greencard filed from a company but non- of the stages are cleared as yet, is it safe to transfer your H1-B and join a new employer and also have the new employer file for your Greencard again.

thanks

Re: Transfering H1-B

Originally posted by anukriti26
Hi
I want to know that if you have your Greencard filed from a company but non- of the stages are cleared as yet, is it safe to transfer your H1-B and join a new employer and also have the new employer file for your Greencard again.

thanks

Simultaneous filing from two different sponsors is possible.
But it is better to drop the proceedings on one of them before
it reaches the third and final stage to avoid confusion and possible queries.

Raju

Possible Answers

Dev298
Is it possible to send in all the required documents except 824 receipt and get a prilimnary determination whether or not they accept the case?

Ans: Yes, it is possible to file for AC-140. But you cannot take it back once its filed and your case has been created. It is also possible that your case might get forwarded to the appropriate Consulate if an decision is taken otherwise from the Mumbai Consulate.

Anukriti, Simulataneous Filing is possible as Raju had indicated already but i would not recommend it if you are on the final stage of GC. Because if you get any queries due to two filings under same name but different employer you case will be delayed till someone at INS take a look, and god know when they will do it.

This are merely my suggestions. Hope this helps.

Cheers
VinCP.

receipt

vincp,

i was under the impression that one needs to send the receipt before the consulate will even look at your file. could you please clarify. do you know of cases where the consulate has accepted without 824 receipt. thanks

I-824 Receipt Required

Hi Shub,

No i have not heard any cases being accepted without the I-824 Receipt. You need to get the I-824 Receipt to file for AC-140, it took me only a week to get the receipt.
Sorry for not mentioning in my previous reply.
Hope this helps.

Thanks,
VinCP.

Last edited by a moderator:
vp, which documents did you send initailly for acceptance? Did you include 824 RECEPT in them? If you look at mumbai site, it says send 797. email address , 269 230. It is another matter that if accepted or not accepted, they might inform BCIS. It is better that you had informed BCIS before they do. So in that sense it may be better to inform BCIS by way of filing 824. this is purely my understanding or reasoning. ANYONE WHO KNOWS BETTER PLEASE CORRECT.

My I-140 is approved as on 4/1/03. While filing I-140, I had intimated that I was interested in doing consular processing from Mumbai.

From now on how do I find out when I should expect PAcket3, when NVC will receive it, when NVC will forward to Mumbai consulate, when Mumbai consulate will forward Packet 4 and schedule a consular interview???? At what point do I get some kind of a reference/ case number for the interview coz I understand that the I-140 case number is no longer used for reference purposes?

Is there a web site where i can find these dates and next steps after I-140 approval?

Any information is well appreciated.

Thanks,
Krish

Possible Answers

Hi Divekar,

Your Case will be forwarded to NVC and from there on you should expect Packet 3 later on. For more details please check this forum for Possible Threads on NVC Process.
Also, you can apply for AC-140 as your Consulate is Mumbai. Again i would recommend reading throughly in this forum as there are lots of threads with valuable information.

Hi Dev28,

Yes , you have to send a copy of I-140 Petition (Attorney Certified) and Approved I-140 with I824 Receipt. Please check on the list and more details on AC-140 Process in this forum as there are lots of information by folks who have successfully finished their CP.

Thanks,
VinCP.

Chennai Appnt on May 21

Hello Freinds..

I sent a mail to Channai asking for an appointment date yesterday and got the standard one liner first and then after half an hour got another message saying my appointmnet is on MAY 21st..

So it looks like Chennai finalyzed its schedule some time tomorrow..

I am still working through the new PCC issue.. it is not yet done though looks promising at the moment..

Please let me know if anybody else has interview around May 21..

Good luck..

DMN