Likely April/May Interview @ Mumbai Consulate

previous overstay and cp

delhicp,

from what i understood and also read at immihelp.com was that overstay of more than 6 months after april 1, 97 makes one ineligible for the issuance of visa. i don't think any overstays before 97 or minor overstays since 97 should matter.

out of status

I consulted attorney before taking decesion for consular processing accordin to him
if you are out of status less then 180 days does not matter as long as your family relationship and affidevit of support is correct.

Now I already apply for cosular processing can I change it to adjustment of status after p3 sent ?

Re: previous overstay and cp

Originally posted by kuversa
delhicp,

from what i understood and also read at immihelp.com was that overstay of more than 6 months after april 1, 97 makes one ineligible for the issuance of visa. i don't think any overstays before 97 or minor overstays since 97 should matter.

Anybody who had overstayed on out-of-status before 1997, it would be OK if the entry to US was legal. If the entry to US was illegal (like running over the border, etc), one could get away by paying a $1000 in fine.

If the over stay after April 1997 was due to out-of-status condition, then there are different rules/policy. Surely an overstay of 180 and more would debar a person from getting any kind of US visa for 10 years.

I only re-iterate that may be it doesn't really matter for minor overstays but it just gives the visa/consular officer another point that might work against an individual. So being careful will be better than regeretting afterwards.

Re: out of status

Originally posted by sqldba
I consulted attorney before taking decesion for consular processing accordin to him if you are out of status less then 180 days does not matter as long as your family relationship and affidevit of support is correct.
If an individual knows what s/he is doing and the decision was made on a good knowldege base, then it is OK. I just don't feel comfortable with giving the consular/visa officer any chance to raise any issue at the interview. If you know that this is the best option/route for you, please go ahead with your decision of CP. I am in no way a legal adivser or an immigration attorney.

Now I already apply for cosular processing can I change it to adjustment of status after p3 sent ?
I am sure any individual can change the process from CP to AOS and vicecersa. I think I-824 (Application for Action on an Approved Application or Petition) is the form to change the process back to AOS. Your attorney should be able to help you in this regard.

Just a point to note: If there is any problem at the any point in AOS when you are in US, your attorney can help you fight your case. If you are in your home country attending a CP interview, you will be on your own.

April Interview Schedule for Mumbai Consulate

Guys

Mumbai consulate put new schedule for April, 2003 interview.

Mine is on April 24th, 2003.

http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/wwwhappt.html

Dax

Congrats Dax99

Congrats Dax99,
have you already scheduled medical check up?
is your case EB2 or EB3?
thanks
KYCP

April Interview Schedule for Mumbai Consulate

Originally posted by hate_tsc
Could you tell me, when did your case reached Mumbai ?

Mine was sent on 02.28.03. So I think I should have a May Interview ... what do you think.

Thanks

As per the info on other thread about dax99, his case was sent from NVC on Feb 13' 03. It takes about 3 to 4 business days fro packet to reach the US consualte via DHL. Hence his case must be in US Consulate before Feb 20th.

By the rule of thumb of the sceheduling of interview dates, if the case reaches the US Consulate before 20 of the month, then the most possible interview date is in the 2nd following month.

This rule worked for dax99 as he did get an April interview date. Again by the same rule of thumb you should have an interview date in May 2003.

Good Luck and Thanks.

ITIN / SSN for spouse/dependents

hi people,
now that IRS9003 is not required, is there any other form that would require ITIN/SSN for dependents?
does anyone know if this is required now for the CP?
thanks
KYCP

Congrats DAX

Hi Dax,

Congrats on getting the April Date. Please let us know when u get the Packet 4 and the list of documents mentioned in it.

Thanks,
VinCP.

Re: April Interview Schedule for Mumbai Consulate

Sorry Guys I didn't give any reply yesterday as I was very busy with work.

Thank you !!!

Whatever CpDelhi wrote it is correct I am agree with him. My case should reach before Feb 20th.

My case is in EB2 also I had my first H1 from Mumbai. I am going to take medical appointment within day or two but I am not sure which hospital looks like everybody had nice experience with different hospital and will inform you guys that Which documents are required in Pkt-4 once I get from consulate.

My question ...

I didn't send any mail to consulate about sending Pkt-4 to my India address. ....

Who will get Pkt-4 ? Directly i will get it or my Attorney will receive from consulate ?

Thanks,

Dax

Originally posted by cpDelhi
As per the info on other thread about dax99, his case was sent from NVC on Feb 13' 03. It takes about 3 to 4 business days fro packet to reach the US consualte via DHL. Hence his case must be in US Consulate before Feb 20th.

By the rule of thumb of the sceheduling of interview dates, if the case reaches the US Consulate before 20 of the month, then the most possible interview date is in the 2nd following month.

This rule worked for dax99 as he did get an April interview date. Again by the same rule of thumb you should have an interview date in May 2003.

Good Luck and Thanks.

Re: Re: April Interview Schedule for Mumbai Consulate

Originally posted by dax99
Sorry Guys I didn't give any reply yesterday as I was very busy with work.

Thank you !!!

Whatever CpDelhi wrote it is correct I am agree with him. My case should reach before Feb 20th.

My case is in EB2 also I had my first H1 from Mumbai. I am going to take medical appointment within day or two but I am not sure which hospital looks like everybody had nice experience with different hospital and will inform you guys that Which documents are required in Pkt-4 once I get from consulate.

My question ...

I didn't send any mail to consulate about sending Pkt-4 to my India address. ....

Who will get Pkt-4 ? Directly i will get it or my Attorney will receive from consulate ?

You should get the packet 4 at the residential address mentioned in DS 230 Part 1. Atleast this was the Consular officer (US Embassy , New Delhi) reply to my e-mail query.

Thanks,

Dax

Packet4

Hi Dax,

Yes I agree with CPDelhi. I have seen/read lots of items in this forum stating that you receive Packet4 on the Address mentioned in DS230 Part1 (US or India).

Hope this helps.
Thanks,
VinCP.

Anyone for May Interview

Hi All,

Anyone here expecting May Interview at Mumbai Consulate, please list your dates here. Trying to keep the list for April/May Going.

Thanks.
VinCP.

likely may interview

p3 received by nvc on 10th mar'03
So i may get interview in may...

Air fare has gone very high because of war..if any body knows cheaper air lines or web site please let me know

Re: likely may interview

Originally posted by sqldba
p3 received by nvc on 10th mar'03
It takes about 2 to 8 weeks before your P3 review will be complete. Another 1 to 2 week to send the packet to the US consulate in your home country. Another 1 to 2 week, before your case is entered into the computer system of the US consulate in your home country. That means your packet, at the earliest, will reach US consulate in your home country and be in their computer system by 7 April.

So i may get interview in may...
Hoping an interview in May will be very aggressive. It takes about another 2 months for the interview date to be scheduled. I think you are going to get(most likey) an interview date in June, if your earlier processing in NVC is as fast as it could be.

Air fare has gone very high because of war..if any body knows cheaper air lines or web site please let me know
www.makeMyTrip.com
Airline Ticket (price) = Peak Time (summer/winter vacations) + Air Fuel Prices + any other distraction (like war)

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with cpDelhi,
it takes about 2 - 3 months depending on when the pk3 reaches consulate and of course the category (EB1 or EB2 or EB3) makes a difference too. It looks like EB1 & EB2 are given preference over EB3.
KYCP

Dont Worry , Be Happy

Yeah right, Easy said than experienced the process of CP. haha
Hopefully we all will get into the May Interview Pool. Lets See. Waiting for the dates to be announced on the website.
Dont Worry , Be Happy.
VinCP.