Likely April/May Interview @ Mumbai Consulate

Alright, let the May Dates roll

Alright people,

Its that time of the month again, hopefully we will get the dates for May Interview out in couple of days as it did for April Interview Dates.

Kindly post your dates for May Interview if you already have got it.
Thanks,
VinCP.

May Interrview date received

22nd May 2003.

I had specifically asked for this date and they gave me same!

bjajal

police clearance certificate

Do we need to take the police clearance certificate from police autority in the US?

Re: police clearance certificate

Originally posted by rupychi
Do we need to take the police clearance certificate from police autority in the US?

You do not need a PCC from US for the time you spent in US.

Employement Letter

Do we need Employment Letter dated close to the date of interview. I got my employment letter in Feb2003 when i prepared my packet 3. Expecting May Interview, do i need to take another Employment Letter or the earlier one from Feb is good enough.
Thanks,
VinCP.

Rupychi : PCC

Raju is correct..

But if you are going to Chennai or N.Delhi consulates please make sure you have a PCC issued within SIX months of your interview date. Or get one in time..

Good luck

DMN

Re: Employement Letter

Originally posted by VinCP
Do we need Employment Letter dated close to the date of interview. I got my employment letter in Feb2003 when i prepared my packet 3. Expecting May Interview, do i need to take another Employment Letter or the earlier one from Feb is good enough.
Thanks,
VinCP.

There is no problem with the one you have. That, in combination
with the paystubs upto May, will do the job.

Having said that, if you can obtain the letter very easily then take
a fresh one. You can avoid the need to give any explanation.

How they look at this will depend on the individual case. If you
are working for the sponsor, a slightly old letter and the fresh
pay stubs would satisfy them.

If on the other hand, you do not work for the sponsor currently,
then you need to carry a letter which is dated very close to the
interview date.

Raju

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Raju

Thanks Raju, I will ask our HR People for a new Employment Letter or not then as u said with all the recent paystubbs will do it. Thanks for the advise, i didn't think of the paystubb at all.
Appreciate it.
VinCP.

Visa Class / Category

Does anyone know what are these Visa Classes Represent in the Interview Date Lists?

Thanks,
VinCP.

New To Forum - Seeking INfo from Gurus

Hello All:

Greetings..I am too late to be in this forum. But since most of u are already in advanced stages, I could get help and valuable suggestions. I485/140 filed in dec 2002. I140 aproved in March 2003 under EB2 category. Now I am contemplating CP at Bombay.

Can someone let me know from the date the request is made for a change from AOS to CP, roghly how long it can take before mumbai consulate finally recieves my documents?

My understanding from forum threads is once its there, the interview may well come before 3 months. But prior to that, how much delay and total processing time can I expect while various docs are sent back and forth between INS, NVC and lawyer?

Thanks in advance for any pointers on this all.

coolbay

AC140 - CSC 824 receipt time?

my lawyer is about to send in the 824 to CSC. how long did it take for you guys to get your 824 receipts - especially in recent weeks...it seems there are some receipt problems for 485/131/765 at CSC recently...

also,
i read somewhere that it is possible to save a round of mailings by sending your packet 3 & 4 together to the consulate for AC140 cases. can someone explain this clearly? are there any risks/implications one should be aware of?

AC140 - CSC 824 receipt time?

my lawyer is about to send in the 824 to CSC. how long did it take for you guys to get your 824 receipts - especially in recent weeks...it seems there are some receipt problems for 485/131/765 at CSC recently...

also,
i read somewhere that it is possible to save a round of mailings by sending your packet 3 & 4 together to the consulate for AC140 cases. can someone explain this clearly? are there any risks/implications one should be aware of?