Life Without Interim Ead

Should USCIS reconsider the new NO interim rule?

• Yes

Votes: 137 87.3%
  • No

Votes: 14 8.9%
  • I Don't know?

Votes: 6 3.8%

• Total voters
Wow, today I got my ASC Appointment Notice in record time. The biometrics will be taken in 3 weeks. Let's see if they still make the photo.
I will hold back the supporting documentation until after the biometrics.

class action lawsuit, sound good

WINTERSPRING
Thank you very much for the great information, and the happy news.
Let's hope that this case will bring back the interim EAD.
Any one, please post your updates on this subject.
Thanks again

EAD not approved after 95 days

Hi guys,

So my RD for I-765 is 10/13 and the only LUD is 10/16. Got the biometrics done on the first week of November and since then have been waiting.
Went to Philadelphia DO on the 91st day and the officer sent a email to Missouri Service Center but nothing happened in last 5 days, so today i called the 800 number wherein the rep. told me that she is going to put in a service request and gave me a number to keep and call back after 45 days , in case nothing happens.

Do you guys have any advice for me to get my EAD? Should i contact the local congress men.
Please note that 765 is based on 485 which is based on 130 and both of those are also pending since september and august respectively.

Thx in advance!
Gurie

Take Action

gurieny
Don't wait one more day, send an expedite request letter, give them a copy of every thing you have(all the paper work) also give them the confirmation number that customer service gave you.tell them about your INFOPASS also.
explain to them in your letter ( I don't know if you are working or lost a job or can't get one) whatever it is. just say it.
send your letter over night express delivery ,you can use the format that was given before in this thread.
good luck, keep us posted

Efiled EAD renewal VSC

I efiled for EAD on 05 Jan 2007 and got Biometrics appointment letter today and scheduled for 26 Jan. My current EAD expires on 02 Feb 2007. Can anyone share the info on how long does it take for approval after Biometrics in VSC?

I'm not sure I buy that the expedite letter does anything. I sent mine 10 days ago and didn't even get an LUD yet. I know it probably doesn't do any more good but once I hit day 91 I'm just going to go up to the DO and refuse to leave until they sort it out. That worked for my neighbor. They gave him an interim approval letter that day.

Jim

Jan 25 is 90th days

I have applied for EAD back on Oct 27 and still have not gotten approval yet. I also applied for AP which was approved on Dec 18 and have not recieve the approval notice as of Jan 17. I called yesterday the 1 800... and the lady asked me if I had done my Biometric which I have not. She said they are going to send me an appointment letter for Biometric within 45 days. I talked to friend of mine who got his first EAD recently and he told me he did not go to Biometric for EAD. I am trying to make an infopass appointment and when I enter my Zip code and click on continue button, it asks me to choose one of the appointmnet type where I select "It has been more than 90 days since you filed an I-765 and you did not receive an Employment Authorization Card.
When i hit Continue button it says "At this time, there are no information appointments available for the office in your area. Please try back again later." So I chose "You have a question about your case." option
for this metter I don't know if they will give me hard time when I go there. please let me know if there is anything I can do. Thanks for the help

Just Go.

mashikushi
If I were you, I would make the INFOPASS regardless of the nature of the appointment. just to get inside.
You may choose the option" I want to speak to an immigration officer", I think it's better.
let us know.
Good luck,

Thanks hossamny for posting the memo. I had been following the thread but had never read the memo till now. I think it definitely gives some useful info and some good ammunition for anyone going for an InfoPass after 90 days. The main things I noted are:
1. Applications are flagged after 60 days as adjudication needs to have started by day 70 for us to receive the card by day 90.
2. If you receive an RFE for initial information your 90 clock will start from day 1 again. This is good reason to send any pertinent information with your initial application especially things like photographs which it listed on my efile receipt but which a lot of people don't seem to send.
3. If you receive an RFE for additional information your clock will just be paused until the information is returned.

4. If you go past 90 days you should take an InfoPass and go into your district office. The DO is provided with direct numbers for the service centers and the NBC. All the centers are expected to do their best to respond to a request through one of these numbers within 30 minutes or to an email by 10am the next day. The service centers must then adjudicate or issue an interim card.

Based on this I will be going to the DO on day 91 and I will be asking them to make the phone call and I will be waiting in the office until I get a reply. Unfortunately it doesn't say the interim card or adjudication must be issued that day but I will certainly push for that too. I know someone who managed to do that recently. Thats my plan on paper anyway, who knows how it will actually work out.

Proceesing dates updated

Finally processing dates have been updated. It looks like they have completed processing October EAD applications.

No EAD after 97 days, Do doesn't help

Hi guys,

Even though the processing dates have been updated, I haven't recieved any info from USCIs reagrding my EAD. MY RD is Oct 13th and i know people with oct 30th RD have recieved emails.
DO Philly doesn't help except for sending a email. 800 number guys have given another service request number and noone knows why the application is stuck.
Anyone in similar ordeal here? :(

Go to the local office

If it is urgent you should go to the local office. Please be aggresive otherwise
it can get worse.

Go to the DO and don't leave until they actually do what they are supposed to do. If they call the service center they should have an answer for you within 30 minutes. If they email they should have an answer the next day. You need to be aggressive with them about it because they won't do anything if they don't have do. Insist on seeing a supervisor if necessary and don't leave until you do.

Good luck

Aggressive is the answer

gurieny
You should do what EADSTUCK and jimothy are saying.
I also would like to add one thing, may you should send a letter to inform them that your case is OUTSIDE NORMAL PROCESSING TIME.
Good luck

Am I welcome to the club???

hossamny said:
gurieny
You should do what EADSTUCK and jimothy are saying.
I also would like to add one thing, may you should send a letter to inform them that your case is OUTSIDE NORMAL PROCESSING TIME.
Good luck

Folks,

In another couple of business days I will join this gang by having waited full 90 days with no EAD renewal. Biometrics were done three weeks after receipt notice but nothing since.

I have scheduled an INFOPASS on day 89 at the district office which is 180 miles away and the weather here has been very nasty. Now, I am wondering after reading a few posts, if it even makes sense to go there. If the DO does not issue interim EADs anymore, would I be wasting my time and effort in going so far?

I will take another poster's advise and send an overnight letter to expedite my case, but that still will not get me a quick enough response. Somebody mentioned faxing...is there a fax number for Missouri Service Center at hand?

Any other quick tip that has worked for folks will be appreciated? Also, a few posters mentioned that they were on day 90 and 91 and 95 and had still not got their approval. Did everybody stop working (I know one or two did) or continue working over the 90 day period?

You should contact yr congressman/senator and ask yr atty to do an enquiry as to why it is not approved.

JMJ

If your employer does not pick up on it then I would keep working. Most of us who have stopped have been asked to by our employers.

I would go to the DO to find out why the processing has not been done. You are harder to get rid of if you are actually there. They can call the NBC and request status and get an answer while you wait. Can I ask why you are going on day 89 rather than day 91. They have until day 90 to adjudicate it by their guidelines so on day 89 they are not obligated to do anything.

Jim

My employer has not asked me to stop working...

...so in theory I can continue working and getting paid for it. Question is, is that still legal? If your EAD has expired, and the employer has not asked you to stop working or quit, are you still breaking some immigration law? If the answer is a maybe, then USCIS can, in theory, come after you or find grounds for refusal of your I-485 or any other application (coz now they have found one small, single violation).

Employer is not the problem in this case, but USCIS and it's warped (and ever changing) rules are. In my over ten years in this country, this would be the first instance where I may go to work without a valid EAD. It's just an uncomfortable feeling with no knowledge of what the consequences can be.

I did take JMJ's advise too and contacted my congressman today. The receptionist took down my receipt number (MSC###) and said she will enquire at NBC/MSC. How soon or what the results will be is unknown to me.

Jimothy, I have decided to reschedule my INFOPASS appt for day 90 as opposed to day 89, because your point is valid. There are no times available on day 91 so I have to go on day 90. That will still be a few days after an expired EAD, but that's the best I have got.

Did I mention that originally I sent all my paperwork to USCIS 95 days before my EAD expiry but for whatever reason, they did not enter it in their system for seven days...and now I pay the price.

Fax # 4 NBC !!!

GC_TRAP
first, to answer your question"is there a fax number for Missouri Service Center at hand? " Don't bother to look it up!! there is no fax number for public!!
Second, I don't know how this might work when you go to your INFOPASS in your 90 days, that will depend on how " nice " the officer and/or what mood he/she will be in!!! you should only go AFTER 90 days, so if they don't feel like helping you, by the rules, they can tell you( come back later, nothing we can do at this time!!!
I understand that you couldn't find appt in day 91, but we hope foe the best.
last, If your employer is cool and you are waiting for your EAD, don't stop working. after all, it's not your fault that they have huge delay in processing the I-765 applications
Last, let's all wish that they will win the case againest USCIS and they start issue the interim ead again.
Good Luck

CIS will usually forgive any working without EAD on your part as it is the employers responsibility. Your employer could techncally be fined if they investigated during that time.

As far as the application time goes, I think a lot of us are in the same boat this year. CIS is now recommending applying 6 months before the expiry date would you believe.